Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Going rate...

Zafir   

^What a cheap guy you are Johnny. But, I assume you feed them before you ask them of their milk??

As for the topic: I didn't know there was set standard for the dowry these days. But I will tell you what I know, if you ever go to a mehr ceremony, make sure you to always sit at the bride family side. You will end recieving $20 on top of the free bariis and hilip.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Well, I now know the avg UK asking price
:D
is 3-5K. But I did genuinely think it was 10-20K...

According to Ibts numbers, a girl should get 40% in total of whatever he has saved - but what if he has just 1K saved, would any1 be willing to go for £400?

I also think it is between 10-20K, must be the credit crunch or something, 3k waa la isku cay jirey :D

Serenity, I said his wealthy, not savings. So, the total of his saving, business, assets including car/ home value, so maxa £400 keeney :D

MZanzi   

Originally posted by nuune:

^^ Maya sxb, a friend of mine buu ahaa, gabadhuna gaabnidey ka badatey, ninba dookhiis
:D

nuunow gaab gaab sokorowga uma qalmaan maad leehahay xisaabtaas? icon_razz.gif

Juxa   

kheyrku wuxuu kujira whatever amount the couple agree with one another. By all means ask alot. That Is for the dowry.

As for the sooryo, it varies from one qabiil to the other. However a percentage is given back as per dhaqanka and another distributed in goobta.

Bride's family hardly keep any cash. Therefore make sure he comes to yr mom ahead of doonasho and brings £££.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

I like the subtle message of this thread. Allaha isku kiin barakeeyyo.

Guri ii gad dheh

Amin. smile.gif

I think it varies by region. I have seen 100K dowry.

Come on folks, I don’t do subtlety. Waad I aqaantiin aniga, I cut straight to the heart of the matter! Ma waxaad I moodeen Val oo hints kolba been idiin dhigeysa?

I have seen 1.5K - 8K. Marka it depends.

dumarka soomaalida haddii loo soo hormariyo meherka waxay moodaan in la fuurayo .. they are deathly afraid of it .. I wonder how that came about

Zakinah   

^most likely thru the somali men's dhaqan of never paying the meher till they divorce the lady..I have seen alot of ladies choosing an amount that they know the dude cant afford so its better to choose wax macquul ah...Dahab/diamonds never looses value so that always works well.