Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

This is not Relief Aid this is Kissing-up

I've read in the paper that it was $270 million. It isnt fair to compare tragedies... but it does turn a few heads as to the logic behind such discrepancy. Are American lives more worthy? Or is this a political game for the Arabs? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 7 0f Nine:

I've read in the paper that it was $270 million. It isnt fair to compare tragedies... but it does turn a few heads as to the logic behind such discrepancy. Are American lives more worthy? Or is this a political game for the Arabs? :rolleyes:

Political Stooges[Arabs] they are!!!

This article below sums it all up... caloolweyn foqal caloolweyn. Alaa'yakhrib baytak. redface.gif

-------

Qatar Emir, Mousa slammed for indifference

BAGHDAD, Iraq (UPI) -- A pro-government Iraq daily blasted Qatar Emir Sheik Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani and Arab League Secretary General Amr Mousa for lack of sympathy with Iraq.

Al-Sabah was strongly critical of Hamad and Mousa for reportedly failing to show sympathy and concern over last week`s stampede in Baghdad in which more than 1,000 Shiite pilgrims died .

Noting Sheik Hamad donated $100 million for the victims of hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, the paper said 'it was surprising that Qatar`s generous hand could reach the far away U.S. coast, and not the close shores of the Tigris River.'

'Is there any logic or reason left in Arab literacy... Nothing surprises us anymore' the paper said.

It also lashed out at Mousa whom it said 'opposed the Iraqi constitution for failing to stress Iraq`s Arab identity, while he was silent and indifferent to the sufferings of the victims of al-Khazem bridge.'

The massive stampede last week occurred on a bridge over the Tigris during an annual religious process to the mausoleum of a Shiite imam.

Gediid   

Arabs aren't worth a thread as far as I'm corcerned.Not long ago when the starvation in Baidoa gripped the attention of the whole world the emir donated $1 million for the relief effort there and by the same token donated $10 million to the london zoo.That was the day aan rumeystey the saying of the sayid ....... mandhow carab waa naag ee.

Originally posted by Gediid:

That was the day aan rumeystey the saying of the sayid .......
mandhow carab waa naag ee.

Walee naagihii baa iska ba'ay. Ileen waa ka dhab markey yiraahdaan wixii xunba xaawaa leh - a by-product of manly men, surely?

Lord help us all.

Rahima   

^Not just that honey, it's the whole culture. The whole Somali culture in terms of that which relates to women is basically warped, and really women perpetuate a lot of it.

The problem is far deeper than the sayids words; we need a revolution of thinking in Somali culture-the question then naturally becomes who is willing to fight?

rahima i am willing to fight for the sister are you sisters ready. We need Cultural reformation and we inherited this dirty culture from the same people they are calling womem(Arabs).

i think without women we wouldn't be here and today so many man are succesfull because of women. specially me i was raised by single mother and i am what a m today coz of her.for her seek i will fight for the name of women, but are our somali sister ready to upraising to reform the culture.

Going back to the donation, It is their money let them donate to who they want to, why are you guys sweating over this donation.it is going to people who needs it.

power to our sisters.

Originally posted by Rahima:

^Not just that honey, it's the whole culture. The whole Somali culture in terms of that which relates to women is basically warped, and really women perpetuate a lot of it.

The problem is far deeper than the sayids words; we need a revolution of thinking in Somali culture-the question then naturally becomes who is willing to fight?

We need more than a revolution, Rahima. We need a massacre. But I do believe the tide is turning. Can you not hear the howling in the wind? ;)

Changed   

Look! The people that were hurt by Katrina were people of color. BLACK PEOLE ....WHAT PART OF THAT DOES NOT MOVE UR HEART...I appreciate all the Arabs donated.

lets be honest the U.S will get more money merely because during the GULF War it was the U.S that saved Kuwait From Saddam and the same goes for SAUDI ARABIA.. May I remind you that U.S is the most powerful country in the world! Now stop telling me a little Butt kissing is uncalled for.

Its Human Nature....Don’t tell me you are not extra nice to UR professors because he/she is above you in the hierarchy. That is how societies function.. look at UR family tree and you will understand.. Daddy, Mommy, Older bro/sis, younger ones.. RING A BELL

P.S: Do not say I am pro Bush...The first and second line will sum up my feeling towards bush and his administration.

Gediid   

Originally posted by Aeronwen:

quote:Originally posted by Gediid:

That was the day aan rumeystey the saying of the sayid .......
mandhow carab waa naag ee.

Walee naagihii baa iska ba'ay. Ileen waa ka dhab markey yiraahdaan wixii xunba xaawaa leh - a by-product of manly men, surely?

Lord help us all.
Aeronwen

I have a hard time keeping up with your name changes....As for the above quote I just quoted what an old man once said eons ago when men were men and women were women..... ;)