Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Trivial Phobia

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Nubia:

Isn’t abeeso a snake that sucks blood and sleeps a lot?

NG, I’ve came across a snake on my recent visit to Dalaaxo, a small village near Burco. Lakiinse it was dead and on my arrival maas dheer baa xor ordeey our gadhi! That village was the city of snakes, if one ever exists. Every area was full of snakes and musacageleey holes. Going toilet in the bushes was a complete nightmare. Not all snakes are docile some do attack without provocation after all they need to feed.

^^^ Now here is someone that speaks proper Somali (had to be from Burco) :D

Glad you explained that the giant lizard is not an abeeso and is instead called: mas-ku-cagalee (I’ve never been there much but I pay attention to the names of my reptiles).

Anyway, this lizard it’s not really a Komodo dragon, is it? I thought those only lived in Indonesia and that part of Asia! For those that saw one, how big is it? Would you say the size of a full-grown cat?

Aha! This is the one you're after! A White-throated monitor lizards :D

albig.jpg

NGONGE   

Are they all supposed to be female jinn, Cambarro? I once heard a story about a guy who married a female jinni. If she looked anything like the photo above I can only guess that he fell in love with her lovely nails. :D

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Che..that picture was scary. I didnt know i was scared of slimy things, until i saw that picture of a man being swallowed.

anaconda.jpg

Get a load of this.

Just imgine Kaas oo ku ciijiye. Once I saw on some nature a python that died trying to swallow man. The man was stuck in his jaws.

Big snakes R us, dheh!

NG, yes I think Komodo Dragons are confined to Asia. The Somali lizard is kinda big but no where near the dragons (those are really huge ).

I heard it prononounced mascagaley. I always thought it was some freaky desert lizard. A snake with legs. Dhuxunkureeb is really dhuxulkureeb? Dunno but one of them sanafabijes bit me in the a*se once. I sat on one butt-cheek all day at school only to go home to my mother's laughing arms.

Ngonge, I have a pic of myself with a snake on my head- aha, that makes it 3 times with the snake encounter. One girl looked at the photo and said I should model. I never knew what she meant..that I looked good next to a snake maybe... bij. smile.gif

Paragon   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^LOL.

Abeeso waa habar jinni, you remind me wallaahi
:D

Abeeso or Abeeso lugaleey? I heard Abeeso luguleey, which lives inside ant hils is habar jinn. I remember when I use to run after it and then grab it by the tail before she enters the ant hill and swirl it round before hurling it into the air! Oh, youth and cruelty!

PS: Legend has it that if it finds you asleep it can suck your brain out with her slithering two tongues :D .

RedSea   

Wallee inagaa wax aragnay tan iyo maata ma wixii ayaan isku haysanaa.

Thus far these are the terms of "Abeeso lugaley"(Southern dialect).

Abeeso lugaley

Mascagaley

Afar iyo adinley

albig.jpg

Abaay Abaay,ilaahow hanagu soo kicin.Alla hayuuy.

I tried to kill it,but this thing has skin like plastic,anything you hit it with will bounce off.The only vunruble area is its head.

Tip: Mas madaxaa laga dilaa. ;)