Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Trivial Phobia

Nehanda   

According to whom is the lizard a jinni's wife or is it simply a Somali folktale to scare kids from wondering into the bushes and droping into a ceel.

What about dhaqdheer, that definitely scared me as a kid. Did she is ever exist?

^^^Actually, Dhaqdheer wasn't scary at all. She was call gal. It was the menfolk that started a rumour about her cannibalism, their way of keeping others from knowing their fav past time.

RedSea   

^Ever heard of' dhagdheer dhimatoo,dhulkii nabadeey'?

'hahay buholaha xargagan'

nin duulayey dabraan,

nin xiimayey xidhaan.

Dhagdheer was dadqalato:

bal budhuq budhuqdeeda daya.

bal wiilkay sidato daya,

^^^It seems that way Sheh. N Pls Wh*re is just loaded word. I think she would have preferred the term, alternative entertianment facilatator.

Red...wow hold there. Didn't say her Qabiil my man, but yeah that Dhagdeer, the supposed dadqalato.

RedSea   

Che,

I didnt tell you her qabiil name,cuz I don't even know what Qabiil she belonged.But I heard she was from Sool region.Does that determine her qabiil,may be or may be not? she could have been from somewhere else but married to some guy from Sool.

Shez, she was what?

Abeesso = Puff adder

Mansolugooleey = Monitor Lizard and not Kamodo Dragon. This is the one people believe has some jinns living in it. Where I come from,villagers run from it and never ever kill it. If it enters the house, you just shoo it away till it leaves...

Fact: 90% of snakes are not poisonous. Fact: of the 10% that are poisonous, only about 1% kill i.e. lethal poison only found in very small % of snakes. I did a zoology class...

Somalia has many very poisonous snakes including the boomslang, the twig snake, cobras (including a cobra that spits venom at the eyes), puff adders, mambas, vipers and Anhtinou's blacksnake. Without treatment, a snake bite can be rapidly fatal. Many snakes are well camouflaged and few give "warning signals"...

hey don't be scared guys, the article is very old and its about somali warlords ;)like Muusa Suudi Mambas, Qanyare the Viper, Cumar filish the Cobra, Cismaan Caato the boomslang. but they have long gone. but be careful the python is still around aka culusow qoslaye.:)

Mog_Warlords.jpg.