Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Male-free Zone.

-Lily-   

Where can I buy gorgeous kitten heeled (I'll be on my feet a lot) party sandals? It seems everyone is into the 5 inch transvestites look.

Good morning ladies, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Idil, she could have found your name in your friend's list, and possibly got you confused with someone else with the same name...Sometimes we trying to stand out, show our uniqueness, and become creative by creating things up...But most often it is the simplest logic and reason why someone does something and with little investigation you can find out...Did you ever ask correct her on her mistake?

Lily, that doesn't look inviting, I feel like if I am going to have tea it better be dark :D .

Morning ladies.

Our world and personal space is getting smaller and smaller, Walaalhi. My friends are addicted to FB. They are always on it, practically hyperventilating everytime they receive a message on that wall thing. It is like an advanced gossip community. They're always presuring me to open one and I'm like, no thanks. Dont wanna join this traveling circus.

Ibtisam   

On sunday, I was pulled, pushed and pulled again!

Okay redface.gif For the first time in life, and don’t ask what possessed me, but my dear friend was telling about this “really good conditioner” that makes your hair super good. I thought I would try it and Saturday night I call her and make an arrangement for her to come around the house on Sunday. Bless her Somali self, she made it to my house before the sunset. :D I on the other hand started parting and brushing my Afro at 3pm. By the time she reached my house, I was already tried and bored with them (they were blocking the TV!) In addition my hands were tired and my scalp hurt.

Anyway, the sister came a long way and she was dragging a whole bag, What is that? I said :eek: She took out 2 bottles, and two big tubs! I said erm, did you bring me enough supple for a year? No, she said, we are going to use all this today. First we use the content of this tub, then we are going to wash it off, and then the content of the second tub and then wash it off, followed by the content of the bottles and then wash off. Oh Lord what did I get myself into.

For the next two hrs, she pulled, push, brushed, washed, dried, brushed, pulled and washed. I tried to help, but by then my hands were so tired I could not lift them up to my head and my scalp hurt so much it was turning red. Not to mention we were starving.

Half way through we realized it would’ve been easier to cut more than half off before conditioning, instead of doing the whole lot and then having a hair cut. But all great ideas come too late :(

Anyway by the time we finished all the washing and condition, I could not bare to touch my hair and head, forget getting a hair cut, so I told her we’ll do the cut another day.

Also, one side of my hair looks better than the other, because the conditioner was on there longer, (the first side, obviously as we were doing the other side) so I told her we would repeat that side at the same time.

We went out to get something to eat, and I moan all night that my head hurt, my scalp was sore from all the pulling, I had a headache. Her and my other friend laughed and kept talking about no pain, no gain madness, but the end of the night, they were worried I was having a reaction.

When I woke up on Monday, my shoulder blade were stiff, my arms hurt (new muscles!!) two days later they still do, I feel like I’ve been doing weigh lifting. My head still hurts, I was flinching involuntary as I tried to brush my hair just this morning.

No, no, no, never again, I’m not doing the other side again, nor I’m ever going to bother them again, Allah tawabah. Thanks girls, but I can't redface.gif

Oh and yes the hair feel softer, nicer, easier to manage (well one side feels perfect) but the cost is too high. So there was a big gain, but too much pain. :(

So girls, my question his what pain would you put up with for what gain??

Malika   

Looool,Ibti. I gather your not a fit person at all,if your muscles hurt from combing your hair! icon_razz.gif ,start working out girl!

As for pain one can endure,perhaps child birth but no beauty treatment is worth me being in pain.

Which means,this woman doesnt do,sugar waxing,nor having her hair pulled under the name of beauty.

Ibtisam   

MS DD, Lol! You mean after laughing for hrs! LOL

Malika, do I look like a fit person :eek: my work out is carrying my hand bag and my school bag.

I learnt my lesson, I never did the pulling, sugar waxing, plucking etc under the name of beauty anyway. I really don't know what got into me during the weekend. I just wanted to try being a girl redface.gif

Bil-kiss   

itbi, loooooooooooooooooooooool no pain no gain i always say ;) who i feel sorry for is that poor gal who was doing ur hair if your muscles are hurtin i can't imagine what she maybe feeling :confused:

Ibtisam   

^^I heard she's been sleeping since, knocked for six. :D I suggest she starts popping pills like me to easy those pains :D

Ms DD, Lol, No thanks, I found out the hard way, I aint no girly girl. I'm closer to man me thinks :D

Has sheh gone on her holiday already? I can't find her. (I've only looked on SOL) :D

Blessed   

^Do you like the results then? On your hair? If so, then it's worth it. I feel your pain though, your ordeal reminds of the plaiting sessions with my older sister. It was agonising and to top it off, she used to threaten to pour her tea on my head if I didn't stop complaining. qumayo.com

Speaking of hair, mine are soo sickly at the moment..they need help. What did you put on her MsDD? I cut them last week..I think I need to cut another inch or do something drastic.

-Lily-   

Ibti, I think simple treatments work best. Like weekly hair conditioning before you wash it out.

Has anyone here ever used oil on their face? Preferably fragrance free oil? (Not bloody saliid cadey :D ) Nothing seems to be quenching my skin, my creams don’t seem to work in the winter.