Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Male-free Zone.

Ibtisam   

^^Wish mine was as exciting. It rained on us all day on Sat while we was out, and then it was sunny on sunday while I was indoors :mad: If I did not know better I would think I was important and the weather wuu iila xiintamaya! redface.gif

I got a semi shock today redface.gif In my local bakery shop where I pick up my breakfast every morning, I was in line to pay, and I hear "Abayoo yar siiko (or something like that)" I was thinking what is that! I tuned around and there was the Asian Shike who always serves me pushing some stuff for the shelf. I thought I was hearing things and answered his salam. He left what he was doing and started serving at the Till, when I got to the front, I ended up at his till. "Iska waaran" he says, I look at his name tag, then at his face and mutter something about I'm good. He carried on chit chatting "bac maa raabta", while I stared at my suddenly very interesting boots.

I've been going there since August when went back to work and he always serves me, salam and I always think Shike yaar ee Asian kaa aha. Farird! Now he is Somali, I wonder why he decided to speak to me in Somali today :confused:

Good morning everyone,

Chubacka, it probably would take at least 5 days to sort everything, before we know for sure who is the next president of USA.

Malika, I totally have commitment issues, not the kind of can't decide what I want...But more like I don't know if it is natural for people to feel the same way about someone forever and ever, so I feel like one is setting up themselves for failure.

Ibtisam, he looks like a sheik but talks like Somali??

lol well it could be two things, he either learned few words of Somali and using them now to impress you, or he speaks the language but finally got the guts to say something to you. :D:D

Sheh, anything yet, or you have chickened out icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Ms DD   

Waan is qaniiney. I am sure someone is saying something about me somewhere. My lips are bleeding and has been for the last 30min.

About this Sheikh, it must be your new abaya Ibti lol

Cara.   

Hello women.

I thought it's your ears that itch when someone is talking about you, Ms DD. Maybe you bit your lip because someone is thinking about your lips :D

Ibti, how would you like it if someone mistook you for a Pakistani? Wiilka maskiinka ah si toos ah u salaam, and make amends for not recognizing his Somalinimo!

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Cara:

Hello women.

I thought it's your ears that itch when someone is talking about you, Ms DD. Maybe you bit your lip because someone is thinking about your lips
:D

oooh err

you coul corrupt an innocent mind lady

Ibtisam   

Ibti, how would you like it if someone mistook you for a Pakistani? Wiilka maskiinka ah si toos ah u salaam, and make amends for not recognizing his Somalinimo!

I did not really think of that way. I'll erm speak to him in nothing but somali from now on...

Ms DD, hmmm naah had a jacket on, so not much of a difference on the outside. I think I wore a Xalimofied hijab today, so maybe he clocked on that I am a xalimo. redface.gif And was trying to make up for Not recognizing my somalinimo icon_razz.gif

Cara.   

LOOOL @ Ibti. It's like a Hindi movie huh? Full of mistaken identity and mutual misunderstandings.

You guys will like one another, start flirting and be almost about to make it official. BUT, turns out you were betrothed to someone when you were a mere child, and that someone has just arrived in town and wants to meet you! Oh you will rant and rave and storm out of rooms, until it turns out the fiance is the same ethnically ambiguous guy!! Then everyone will break out into song and be transported to the Swiss Alps, the Grand Canyon, Kashmir, and the Great Wall of China over a 10 minute period....

Mowgli   

^^ lol don't forget co-ordinated dancing

when I was a kid I always thought ppl in india would randomly burst into song...and perfectly choreographed dancing...and then once the song was over...carry on with their shopping...washing..etc

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOOOOL HAHAHAHA LOOOL. I remember seeing this for the first time a few years back and I could not stop laughing! LOOOL HAHAHa

Cara you really should write a book or something! LOL

I love this one

Originally posted by SCORPION_SISTA:

Sheh, anything yet, or you have chickened out
icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

No time for him. How I would fit him in if I snagged him is beyond me. He's safe from me for now- Ibts, you can breathe a sigh of relief for your bro. :D

Ibts, are you now going to behave differently cause he's Somali? Bet you are! No more scratching your bum whilst in the bakery; best behaviour from now on. icon_razz.gif They DO cramp our style, don't they?

Who put up the thing about the ovulation? Just last night I was telling someone I go through periods where men stare and periods where I'm invisible and I never know what that was about. Now you're telling me they're in tune with my ovaries? Men can be such dirty gits, can't they? :D :rolleyes: See right through you.