Sign in to follow this  
Resistance

The London Underground

The London Underground reflects London: expensive, dirty, crowded but everyone loves it, few people leave London each year and more and more people move in from abroad!

The elevator is out of service in my nearest station and they said it will take 2 months to fix it :confused: .

A friend and I walked into the tube one night, laughing and burping(shawarma repetition). As we walk into the carriage, a pretty woman gets up from her seat and offers it to me eagerly. I in turn offer it to my friend who happily settles herself into the seat no doubt thinking every once in a psychodelic moon a commuter gives up a seat for no good reason at all, ain't the Lord good to me.

I on the other hand am a little more cynical and wonder why she vacated the seat for us. We neither of us looked pregnant, shawarma-bloating considered or infirm, so why had the stranger given up her seat.....

The Londoner turns out to be Irish. While I stand holding on to a railing, out of earshot of friend, the pretty Irish lass starts to talk, chirp, smile and invade my space.

I love Arabs!!! she squeals.

She touches my hand.

Whoa.

Drool, drool, I love you people, I love Muslims. She smells of booze(Guiness no doubt) and is utterly delighted with my accidental acquaintance.

I smile, nod, parrot the usual. It was getting hot in here. My friend catches my eye, Sheh had made a tube friend, she raises eyebrows at me. I blink back in Morse. She burps.

Drool, giggle, hop, flirt, tell me where are you from?

Straightsville, Arizona.

Do you speak Arabic?

Ibcadi mini.

Our stop at long last. Well, this is me. Yeah, bye, yeah u too, yeah, umhm, yeah, bye.

On the platform, friend says: She was nice.

She was lesbian.

Hahahahaha. Noo. Yes. Nooo. Yep. Hahaha. Shut up. Hahahaha. P*ss offf. Hahahah, what make u think she's a lesbian? I just know, OK. She was all over me, why didn't u come save me? I thought she was being friendly! That she was. Let's go home. I need a shower. Hahahahahahhaha, only u, Sheh.

Ouuc.

On the platform, friend says: She was nice.

She was lesbian.

Men who come across a drunken girl after a night out, think "she is up for sex".

Women who come across a drunken girl think "she is a lesbian".

Who says Men and Women think differently?

^ LoL.

Sheh, I find the friendliest people on the tube to be Irish, tipsy or otherwise. If only I had a pound for everytime I was hit on by a drunk with a titillating accent....I would still be poor. Nevermind.

Originally posted by makalajabti:

quote: On the platform, friend says: She was nice.

She was lesbian.

Men who come across a drunken girl after a night out, think "she is up for sex".

Women who come across a drunken girl think "she is a lesbian".

Who says Men and Women think differently?
Inaadeer, every man and woman knows when they're being dhareered over. What u're saying is I thought she was a lesbian, I and not women in general. Say what u mean directly and I will at least deal with you properly. In the meantime, mind the gob. icon_razz.gif

About offering seats, you gotta be genuine and sincere in your offer. I think people generally can read more than you think. And if it is positive, the response is always appreciative, accepted or not.

People I hate most are the ones who seem to mind the squeezing and pushing and pulling when the bloody thing is full! What the fcuk can I do about it now! I just make sure that I turn around, stare them firmly, as if to say 'would you effing mind, thank you'. Overall, people are generally ok and well mannered. God bless the 'tupe', it maybe old but it gets us and the city moving. Where would we/city be without the tube?

By assuming she was a lesbian interested in you , you (or your friend)put forward the same pathetic excuse of men who rape girls who are drunk!

You got it now?

From amnesty International website

UK: New poll finds a third of people believe women who flirt partially responsible for being raped

ICM Poll Shows Widespread Ignorance Of Extent Of Rape And Low Conviction Rates

A new ICM opinion poll commissioned by Amnesty International indicates that a third (34%) of people in the UK believe that a woman is partially or totally responsible for being raped if she has behaved in a flirtatious manner.

The poll, ‘Sexual Assault Research’, published today (21 November) as part of Amnesty International’s ‘Stop Violence Against Women’ campaign, shows that similar “blame culture†attitudes exist over clothing, drinking, perceived promiscuity, personal safety and whether a woman has clearly said “no†to the man.

U're talking nonsense, girl. Combining a come-on with the justification of the rape and assault of drunk flirtatious women! Can one not come to the conclusion that was one being flirted with without being accused of harbouring warped justifications of violence? Quite a leap there girlie, mind the gap.

What's really itching you? Show me where and I'll scratch it for you. Why beat about the bush?

Time-wasters! :rolleyes:

Jacpher   

She’s just girl protectiong women. That’s it. The name says it all.

Back to the topic, I once tried to help a blind Muslim man go to the bathroom for wuduu at the majid during Taraweeh prayer. All I got was a loud voice and mean look “I pray here all Ramadan, I know my way around, mind your business.†Such response caused me to not offer a ride home the next Friday when I saw another brother looking for someone to pick the blind brother.

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

She’s just girl protectiong women. That’s it. The name says it all.

Yep, I am just protecting those young innocent reveller girls who just happen to be drunk and appear to "prey" on our young arab-looking-sweet somali girls!

No offense Sheherezad, I was just making the comparison between what you said (the woman was flirtatious) and what some men would have said in they were in your position.

While some girls are ****** enough to drink too much and wander the city centre, they are most likely to get raped by guys who would state afterwards that girl was sexually interested in them. That's exactly what you said right?

That is my point and nothing else, I was watching the news and they were talking about this Amnesty International report, and when I read your comment on this thread, I saw the analogy ( How drunken women are always perceived as lewd and flirty even from a woman's point of vue)

-Lily-   

What I find funny is when tourists think they can go up the stairs in some stations rather than wait for the lift. For example in Russel Square it clearly warns you that there is about 213 steps, lol. I feel sorry for the poor fools. Believe me, the 2 min wait for the lift is worth it.

Khalaf   

Makalajabti you are shockingly unique. smile.gif

And yall got it bad, I never took a bus, train, stuff sounds horriable. Everyone here drives a car, yall know what that is? Kidding.

At least be happy u don't live in Japan, where they kick people and I mean like Jacki Chan style to make them fit inside the train to close the door. I wish i could show the video i saw on CNN once.

Urban   

lol y'all complaining about the tube in london. u gotta see the japan trains in action. the normal trians are so packed that a lot of men get on just to grope women, and its impossible for the women to identify the man who does it. trains are so packed sometimes your feet dont touch the ground!! crushed bags, lost shoes lol, broken bones...etc. check the pic below...

xs7217.jpg

haha :D

Well since we have the Olmypics here 2012 and we can add any sport of our own .. then Tupe Commutting could be ideal. Gold to a Londenor, Silver to a Londenor, Bronze to the skinny farah, there is always a tiny space for him.