Sign in to follow this  
Gediid

Sangub added to Hennepin Countys most wanted

Gediid   

Poor Sangub from a celebrated writer to a pedophile on the run....

Read on

Writer Added To Hennepin County's Most Wanted List

(AP) Minneapolis A noted Somali writer, whose role in Somali literature has been compared to Shakespeare's place in English, has been added to Hennepin County's "Ten Most Wanted" list for the rape of a 10-year-old girl a decade ago, authorities said.

Mahamud A. Isse, 72, of Minneapolis, is wanted on a felony bench warrant for criminal sexual conduct stemming from the alleged rape.

A phone number for Isse was not listed and a message left with his attorney was not immediately returned Tuesday.

According to the criminal complaint, the alleged victim told police she came to the United States from Somalia in 1995 and lived with a woman who acted as her mother in Minneapolis. She said Isse, whom she then called "uncle," would bring her candy and treats when he visited her guardian.

The woman told police that when she was 10, Isse got into her bed and raped her, the complaint said. The woman, now in her 20s, moved to Washington state in 1997 and was back in Minneapolis for a visit in 2005 when she ran into Isse at the Somali Mall shopping center.

Isse gave her his phone number and said he wanted to see her again, the complaint said. She later called Isse and recorded their conversation, the complaint said. He allegedly admitted during the call that he had sex with her back when she was a child.

But when authorities interviewed Isse, the complaint said, he initially said he was joking during the phone call. But he ultimately admitted he fondled the girl's breasts and masturbated on her, the complaint alleged.

Isse has been free on bail, but he did not appear for a June 24 court date. He is believed to still be in the Minneapolis area, according to Hennepin County's Web site.

After Isse was charged, scores of Somalis showed up in support and rallied outside the county jail. Isse is considered by some to be a highly respected poet and author from the time when Somalia gained its independence in the 1960s until the country descended into civil war in 1991.

Chimera   

Fck him i don't care if he wrote a Somali Hamlet catch that dirty pedophile and castrate him and shame on those who supported him, i have a sister of the same age and i would have literally burned the whole crowd if they did a stunt like after a disgusting rape

support kulaha wa he is a dirty basterd when will Somalis stop supporting dirt and start loving those who love Somali people and Somalia?

Kool_Kat   

Waylasoo daaheen iney galiyaan their most wanted list...

The funniest is when an older relative lady of mine said it is "QABIIL" related...I just LMAO...I can just picture a 20yr old going along with such story for the sake of her "QABIIL"... :eek:

^ I still believe it was a set up and qabil related. Cooley, if she was indeed molested, why would she ask for money? She asked for $50,000 to dismiss the case and did not work out because she thought that she was smart to take the money and not dismiss the case...she was too greedy I think

Chimera   

when
authorities interviewed Isse
, the complaint said, he initially said he was joking during the phone call. But
he
ultimately
admitted
he fondled the girl's breasts and masturbated on her

Gediid   

Kool Cat

I remember when this story first broke out, they said Sangub was being blackmailed by folks from SL and as a result some guys from Sangubs tribe attacked a couple of SL boys in Minnesota.Later on it turned that the girl wasnt even from SL but Puntland.It shows how Somalis qabiil in eey wax kasta u badalaan.As far I am concerned Sangub should face the courts for his crime Shakespeare or no Shakespeare.

Jacpher   

He's wanted for failing to appear in court for the alleged criminal sexual conduct felony. Stop convicting the man. He's yet to be convicted by the system.

Four of the nine most wanted mugshots are maryooleey. Min shuruuri.

What a way to end a career...

I think everyone should face the consequences of their actions.

Only god knows if he had done it or not.

Regardless I still think we're not in position to judge people, but until the truth surfaces

have respect for the elderly who had done so much for our people.

Ps. funny thing 4 out of 10 most wanted in Minneapolis are Somalis god help us. what a way to make statement.

See your fellow Somalis here.

Kool_Kat   

4/10, walaahay Somalida faro kulul ey iskuhaayaan...

In my eyes, he is GUITY...Whether he raped or fondled her...He has NO business touching a young girl...Sick *******...

If the oldman is guilty, he should face the consequences but if not as most of somalis r making it to be then may Allah help him.

some thoughts though what if it is true that is QABIL related, somalis can go any lenght for qabill.

what about if it was indeed misconduct there but the gal concented to it, and that she could,ve been 15+ yrs may be 20 when she arrived in states as a 10 yrs old innocent girl? we all know that she was already with a FAKE MUM?

I dont want 2 support Sangub but he is one of our greatest writers may be the best n hate to see it end that way at 72ysrs! Nevertheless I hope the guilty party pays alot for it.

Som@li   

The other night I saw in Djabouti TV, the guy is working in Djabouti and enjoying the great hospitality Djaboutians offered him, he is also v popular there.

He was interviewed by the local media and when they asked him what he is doing in Djibouti he said he just want to spend sometime here and he doesn't wanna go back to the US ,,, :D