Sign in to follow this  
Simple Woman

Riddle

See if you can get it.. it had me irritated and confused for a while

There were 3 businessmen travelling together.. They needed a motel room for the night. When found one they decided to split the cost. The room was $30... so they paid $10 each. But then the motel clerk told the cashier that the room was actually $25 and so he gave back $5.. but he didn't know how to split $5 between the 3 guys so he gave each one of them $1 and kept the remaining $2 in his pocket.. If each initially paid $10 and got a $1 back.. that means they each paid $9 dollars rite... 9x3=27 and $2 the cashier put in his pocket... 27+2=29... What happened to the missing dollar

Lefty   

Very good riddle indeed....I know the answer but I should allow others to solve it!

Kheyr..she didn't mention the part where Motel Clerk was keeping $1. Where's that dollar???...Try it again!

---------

mojam   

The room was $30, each paid $10. $5 is refunded in total.

each business man is given a dolar back. ($3 * 1 = $ 3)

$2 are kept by the cashier.

when we add $3 refunded and $2 kept, we have a total of $5. Nothing is missing.

AM I RIGHT? this is ******* playing with my head.

Lefty   

Mojam..the tricky side is if you start from 9x3=27..then it will add up to missing dollar...but I think you got the answer..there's no one dollar missing!

25+3+2=30

--------

26 letters are in the english alphabet, but how is that an easy riddle or is there more to it??? redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif

KHAYR, it was clearly stated that the MOTEL CLERK TOLD THE CASHIER, SINCE THE CASHIER DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THE ACTUAL PRIZE, AND THEREFORE TO REFUND BACK THE $5, SO HOW CAN A CLUELESS CASHIER KEEP A $1 FOR HIMSELF WHEN HE WAS TOLD TO GIVE THE REFUND BACK????

Anyways KHAYR, U HAD A HAND IN HELPING MOJAM SOLVE THE RIDDLE, BECAUSE YOU MADE IT OBVIOUS FOR HIM...(MOJAM, give the credit where its due)

HERE GOES LEFTY, TALKING ABOUT "IMA LET OTHERS SOLVE IT", MORE LIKE IMA WAIT FOR THE OUTCOME, GOOD TRY... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol, nice riddle, lemme give it a shot:

the accounting should not be done in that way, of the 30 dollars paid for the hotel, 25 went to the hotel, 3 were returned and 2 was keptep by the cashier.

25 paid for the hotel plus 3 the cashier returned and 2 he kept for himself, adds to 30

25+3+2=30

a man came from syria to sell precious stones in baghdad, though baghdad is burned to the ground now,lol, i was sayin, he promised he would pay 20 dollars for all his jewels if he sold all of his jewels for 100 dollars, and 35dollars if he sold them for 200 dollars

How many dollars does the man from syria owe according to their agreement?

a man came from syria to sell precious stones in baghdad, though baghdad is burned to the ground now,lol, i was sayin, he promised he would pay 20 dollars for all his jewels if he sold all of his jewels for 100 dollars, and 35dollars if he sold them for 200 dollars

How many dollars does the man from syria owe according to their agreement? :confused:

I can't tell you how many times i had seen this riddle in SOL just in the last year...Last one i remember was under "Topic: Missing pound Riddle" difference is just using pound than a dollar...It would be nice if people tried to use the 'SEARCH' button from time to time... :(:(:( just an advice...bee bye