Sign in to follow this  
Hawdgirl

Somali Cabbie is Litigating!.......

Hawdgirl   

Cabbie Sues Scottsdale over Alleged Racial Incident

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Scottsdale has been presented with a $750,000 demand by a cab driver who claimed an off-duty Scottsdale police officer shouted racial slurs and punched him during a cab ride April 10 in downtown Tempe.

Omar Abdi, 30, and his attorneys contend Abdi is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder and other mental problems.

The claim against Scottsdale was filed Oct. 8.

It says Scottsdale Police Officer Chance Lovell accused Abdi of killing the officer's brother in Somalia and said, ``you are supposed to have chains on your legs, you (expletive) slave. My grandfather had 70 slaves.''

In a Tempe police report, Lovell was described as noticeably intoxicated and smelling of alcohol.

Lovell was cited with one count of misdemeanor assault and released him after the incident, according to a Tempe police report.

During the ride, Lovell pushed Abdi on the arm and tried to grabbed the steering wheel of the cab, the claim said.

Abdi pulled the cab over at a gas station on N. Scottsdale Road in Tempe and asked Lovell to exit the cab. Lovell got out, pushed Abdi and punched him twice in the stomach, according to the claim.

Lovell's assault charge was dismissed on August 7 because the officer completed an adult diversion program, according to Tempe Municipal court records.

Abdi said he has frequent head and stomach aches, dizziness, depression, anxiety, fatigue and is easily startled, the claim stated. A doctor evaluated and diagnosed Abdi with post traumatic and adjustment disorders.

``Mr. Abdi is in need of intensive psychotherapeutic intervention. Mr. Abdi will most likely require six months to a year of treatment, costing approximately $125 to $200 per hour,'' the claim stated.

Abdi's attorneys also stated in the claim that they will allow the city 60 days to settle, or they will move forward with a federal civil rights claim, contending similar damages.

Neither Abdi's attorneys or a Scottsdale city representative could be reached for comment.

Source: AP, Oct 30, 2006

underdog   

"post traumatic stress disorder and other mental problems" Kulaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Madfac iyo isbaaro iyo qax iyo utaange iyo ifo iyo kakuma iyo muqlas iyo "I have no papers" aa inta soo martay aa hada "you Ni99a" kuxanuunsatay miyaa....

LOOOOL American Dream!!!!!

p.s. Lacagtaas hadaad heshid waa xaraan!

who-me   

Monkey see and monkey do. When you watch too much hollywood movies acting becomes natural. By the way let the farah milk the mighty dollar off Uncle Sum after all they print the shitt in massive scale and I am sure sparing some of the greens to a needy african refugee wont put the nation in deficit. In the meantime let us applaud the brother trying to win back the Albarakat money... :D

Maxaa ka rabtiin ninka? Soomaalidaanaa.

I hope in uu ku guuleysto kiiskaan. Eebba hakuu garab galo, Cumaroow. Gaal dil, gartiisana sii; if you can't, sue him.

It says Scottsdale Police Officer Chance Lovell accused Abdi of killing the officer's brother in Somalia and said, ``you are supposed to have chains on your legs, you (expletive) slave. My grandfather had 70 slaves.''

Typical redneck, arrogantly ignorant American with a KKK mentality. Well, Mr. KKK, my awoowe too had 700 gaals.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Typical redneck, arrogantly ignorant American with a KKK mentality. Well, Mr. KKK, my awoowe too had 700 gaals.

That isn't something to brag about me thinks.

Fabregas   

Omar Abdi, 30, and his attorneys contend Abdi is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder and other mental problems .

Abdi pulled the cab over at a gas station on N. Scottsdale Road in Tempe and asked Lovell to exit the cab. Lovell got out, pushed Abdi and punched him twice in the stomach , according to the claim.

Abdi said he has frequent head head and stomach aches, dizziness, depression, anxiety, fatigue and is easily startled, the claim stated. A doctor evaluated and diagnosed Abdi with post traumatic and adjustment disorders.

``Mr. Abdi is in need of intensive psychotherapeutic intervention . Mr. Abdi will most likely require six months to a year of treatment, costing approximately $125 to $200 per hour,'' the claim stated

:(

Originally posted by who-me:

[QB] Monkey see and monkey do. When you watch too much hollywood movies acting becomes natural. By the way let the farah milk the mighty dollar off Uncle Sum after all they print the shitt in massive scale and I am sure sparing some of the greens to a needy african refugee wont put the nation in deficit. In the meantime let us applaud the brother trying to win back the Albarakat money...
:D

Waan qosolay, wadaadku ha qaniinee daaya. live andlet him live, and let him laugh his way to Dhiigshiil. smile.gif

Hawdgirl   

This officer was offensive and abusive to the brother and towards all of us as Somalis, no matter where we live, therefore the chance of winning this sue may seem very slim, however we’ve to give him the courage of speaking up. You can’t imagine if about 200 hundred of Somalis are asked if they’re ever been assaulted, discriminated, harassed, abused by police I am sure more than 75% of that 200 hundred will somehow some way say yes, but never complained to anyone, let alone sue them.

So please leave the brother alone, so that he can act on his constitutional rights! heheheh

Hawdgirl   

This officer was offensive and abusive to the brother and towards all of us as Somalis, no matter where we live, therefore the chance of winning this sue may seem very slim, however we’ve to applause for him for having the courage of speaking up. You can’t imagine if about 200 hundred of Somalis are asked if they’re ever been assaulted, discriminated, harassed, abused by police I am sure more than 75% of that 200 hundred will somehow some way say yes, but never complained to anyone, let alone sue them.

So please leave the brother alone, so that he can act on his constitutional rights! heheheh