Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Somali Grammar and Writing Course

for Ibti and the rest of the somali writing challenged people in here - i'll even pay for the course :D

New course in Somali Writing and Grammar - 3059

Saturdays from 8 November - 13 December.

The course will be taught by an experienced tutor who also teaches at SOAS and is aimed at those who are fluent in spoken Somali but would like to improve the accuracy and fluency of their written language. The course will be taught using fun and interactive methods so that students will feel they have made excellent use of these 6 Saturday afternoons!! For further course information, please click on the link below:

link

for chubacka

stagflation%2Bslap%2Bin%2Bface%2Bwall%2B

shaken and deterred SMACK.jpg

Degniin:

Waligiin haysku deyiniina inaad mar kale af-lagaadeysan af-soomaaliga suuban - haddaad idinku is nacdeen - waa wax idinka iddiin yala. isnacnimadiinu yeysan luqadayada usoo dhadhicin. :cool:

chubacka   

icon_razz.gif ouch!

You should go an tell us all how interesting it was but I think anything to do with grammar is guranteed to put anyone to sleep.

Aaliyyah   

sayid lol classkaas ma adaa qaatay walaal.....sifiican ayeey soomaaliga kusoo bareen ma istidhi :D

Jokes aside, every somali person needs to take pride in their language and try to at least converse in it.

excellent course, something we could all follow. we do have provide somali courses actually. It's sad when you see chinese/japanese/russian or the likes speaking their language even though their greatgrandparents were born here compare to us somalis who were here less than 20 yrs. Somehow, I feel like we underestimate our language, which is pretty ignorant. We gota offer somali courses in the weekends....(I wonder why all these somali organizations haven't thought of it).

Time for change and ye another tip make sure the kids speak Somali at home. I mean hey they are going to learn English at school, and anyone they associate with outside their house will speak English. But nt that many people will speak to them in somali.so what better way than to make sure they speak nothing bt somali at home.

The lack of communication b/w somali kids and parents actually comes from miscommunication. When the child can't speak somali, and can't express what they want. And, similarly when the parents cant instil in their kids their values since they cant even communicate w/ them....

as they say schooling starts at home....

ubadkiina af somali kula hadla..

my 2 cent!

2dada shillin maad af-soomaali ku dhahdiid/qortiit - markas ayaa waxaad qortay micna yeelan lahaa. waxaad qortay iyo maadada ka hadlaysid waa dibi iyo geesihiis oo iska soo horjeeda :D

Originally posted by shaken and deterred:

there is no standard spelling in aff somali, what qualifies this person to teach written grammar?

Who said that? of course Somali has standard spelling as well as grammar. Maybe you should try taking that class while the offer lasts. ;)