Sakata

Somalia bans direct flights to Kismayo Airport days after KDF blocking Ethiopian plane

Sakata   

All planes flying to Kismayo Airport will first have to land in Aden Abdille International Airport in Modadishu, federal government of Somalia has announced.

The directive comes amid deteriorating relationship between Kenya and Somalia, with Nairobi accused of meddling in the internal affairs of Modadishu.

Last week, President Mohammed Farmaajo's administration accused Kenya of imposing President Ahmed Madobe, the commander of Ras Kamboni Brigade, as president of Jubbaland region.

So divisive were the polls that Kenya Defense Forces blocked Ethiopian plane from landing at Kismayo Airport. Thereafter, the KDF team and Jubbaland authorities closed down the airport.

A staff member at Kismayo airport, who gave his name as Ismail, said the plane took off from Gode in southeastern Ethiopia and eventually landed in the Somali town of Baidoa.

It was not certain if the plane was civilian or military."It wanted to land at Kismayo airport but was denied clearance because it did not send information in advance," Ismail told Reuters by telephone.

The latest directive will affect Kenya, where most flights from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport end at Kismayo Airport in Jubbaland.

Federal government says it will require international and local flights going to and from Kismayo to stopover at Mogadishu’s Aden Adde Airport.

Despite closing the Airport located at Sector 6 of AMISOM forces territory, KDF and Madobe's administration lifted the ban on Tuesday.

Modadishu administration has been waging a war against Madobe, who it accuses of collaborating with Kenya to action Somalia's territorial integrity.

Besides the row over Jubbaland administration, Farmaajo's administration accuse Kenya of using force to grab Indian Ocean maritime border.

galbeedi   

People must understand that while the regional government should have local administrative authorities, like policing, education and local taxation, none of their powers should never deny the federal government the power to enter those regions and lead the overall security.

For years, the regional governments and others used to point out the weakness of the national government for an excuse to deny her legitimacy or recognition. We all pointed  out about the Ugandan army guarding the president.

Finally, the national government is flexing its muscle. The national army had taken over Bariire, Aw Dhiigle and other crucial villages in lower Shebeele without Amison army. Sheikh Cali Dheere, who took over the job of former Al-Shabaab spokesman Mukhtaar Roobow--the man the former UN envoy wanted to be governor of SWS---has been  mortally wounded.

The 30 years old dysfunction of central Somalia (Galmudug) might be fixed with presence of the national army. The foreign policy success of Somalia is bearing fruits. The international community had enough of throwing money to regional governments which has refused time and again to build any credible institutions. Finally , they decided that while it is useful to help the Somali people within the regions, they realized that Without a national government, the Somali quagmire will not end. 

Well Madoobe and Kenya had refused the federal government to come to KIsmaayo, and now they have been prescribed the same medicine. 

Waxa ay cashar u tahay kuwii dhihi jiray, dawlada taagta daran ee Xamar dhaafi la'. Hadaba Xamar way soo dhaaftay oo way soo socotaaye ka hor dhaqaaqa.

In the next few days, we will be all witnessing the last dance of the weak regional governments in KIsmaayo to celebrate the wedding of Ahmed Madoobe. Guests will be coming from Garoowe and Hargeisa.

Dhag dheer dhimatoo dhulkii waa nabad.

Golaha wasiirada DF oo ku dhowaaqay go’aan maamul cusub loogu dhisayo Jubaland

Golaha-wasiirada-Soomaaliya-696x464.jpeg

Golaha Wasiirraada Soomaaliya ayaa taageeray go’aankii Wasaaradda arrimaha Gudaha ee 22-kii bishan Agoosto ay ku caddeysay inaysan oqoonsaneyn natiijooyinkii kasoo baxay doorashooyinkii ka dhacay Jubaland.

Qoraal kasoo baxay golaha wasiirada oo maanta ku shiray Muqdisho, ayaa lagu sheegay in doorashooyinkaas “aan loo marin habraaca saxda ah.”

Golaha ayaa sidoo kale Wasaaradda Arrimaha Gudaha faray inay Golaha hor keento habraac faahfaahsan oo lagu xallinayo xaaladda Jubbaland, si loo badbaadiyo hay’adaha dowliga ah ee Jubaland, sida lagu sheegay qoraalka golaha.

Kulankan oo uu shir guddoominayay ra’iisul Wasaaraha Jamhuuriyadda mudane Xasan Cali Khayre ayaa goluhu waxay uga hadleen xaaladda deegaannada Jubaland, waxaana lagu go’aamiyey in Jubaland loo dhiso maamul cusub.

“Waxaa la isla qaatay muhiimmadda ay leedahay in la dhiso maamul dimuqaraadi ah oo ka jawaabi kara rabitaanka dadka reer Jubbaland.” Ayaa lagu yiri qoraalka golaha wasiirada.

Ma cadda tallaabada xigta ee ay dowladdu qaadi doonta, hase yeeshee go’aanka ah in la dhiso maamul cusub, iyo in wasaaradda arrimaha gudaha la timaado habraacii lagu dhisi lahaa, ayaa kasii daray xaaladda Jubaland iyo xiriirka xumaaday ee dowladda iyo Axmed Madoobe.

Xigasho

14 hours ago, galbeedi said:

People must understand that while the regional government should have local administrative authorities, like policing, education and local taxation, none of their powers should never deny the federal government the power to enter those regions and lead the overall security.

For years, the regional governments and others used to point out the weakness of the national government for an excuse to deny her legitimacy or recognition. We all pointed  out about the Ugandan army guarding the president.

Finally, the national government is flexing its muscle. The national army had taken over Bariire, Aw Dhiigle and other crucial villages in lower Shebeele without Amison army. Sheikh Cali Dheere, who took over the job of former Al-Shabaab spokesman Mukhtaar Roobow--the man the former UN envoy wanted to be governor of SWS---has been  mortally wounded.

The 30 years old dysfunction of central Somalia (Galmudug) might be fixed with presence of the national army. The foreign policy success of Somalia is bearing fruits. The international community had enough of throwing money to regional governments which has refused time and again to build any credible institutions. Finally , they decided that while it is useful to help the Somali people within the regions, they realized that Without a national government, the Somali quagmire will not end. 

Well Madoobe and Kenya had refused the federal government to come to KIsmaayo, and now they have been prescribed the same medicine. 

Waxa ay cashar u tahay kuwii dhihi jiray, dawlada taagta daran ee Xamar dhaafi la'. Hadaba Xamar way soo dhaaftay oo way soo socotaaye ka hor dhaqaaqa.

In the next few days, we will be all witnessing the last dance of the weak regional governments in KIsmaayo to celebrate the wedding of Ahmed Madoobe. Guests will be coming from Garoowe and Hargeisa.

Dhag dheer dhimatoo dhulkii waa nabad.

Lol @ Galbeedi 😁

Which is it sxb? Will the guests from Garoowe and Hargaysa get to Kismayo or will they be redirected to Xamar by the “flexed muscles” of Nabad & Nolol ?

galbeedi   

Tilamook,

I have already spilled the beans, I should have kept quiet. The Feds might have redirected to Xamar the plane who might be carrying Faysal Waraabe and company in their way to KIsmaayo. Damn we could have even captured the loud mouth Waraabe.

One thing I know is Tillamook Is  the most ardent federalist among the SOLers or even in the diaspora. I am also a federalist. I want small manageable federalism.

17 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Tilamook,

I have already spilled the beans, I should have kept quiet. The Feds might have redirected to Xamar the plane who might be carrying Faysal Waraabe and company in their way to KIsmaayo. Damn we could have even captured the loud mouth Waraabe.

One thing I know is Tillamook Is  the most ardent federalist among the SOLers or even in the diaspora. I am also a federalist. I want small manageable federalism.

Galbeedi,  I respect your right to want whatever you like, but I don’t think you or the nabad& nolol party you support have the power or wherewithal to “manage”  anything let alone Somalia’s nascent federalism.

But leaving all that aside, tell us: Will the inauguration guests going to Kismaayo  be forced to go to Xamar first, or not?😁

Clan federalism will never work in Italian Somalia. Farmaajo does not have the man power to have influence in kismayo. Unless he has troops on the ground. Kismayo is the biggest test for clan federalism in Italian Somalia. I predict a big clash between farmaajo and madoobe on this.  And uhuro is big man in this game. 

galbeedi   

Tilamook,

Joking aside, You know domestic flights within the republic can fly to Kismaayo . We are targeting only  the Kenyans.

3 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Tilamook,

Joking aside, You know domestic flights within the republic can fly to Kismaayo . We are targeting only  the Kenyans.

Then flex your muscles till the cows come home.👍

biyo-cad   

It will be very interesting to see who will be attending the so called “inauguration” of the one time terrorist and now a Kenyan puppet in Kismayo.  Here are my top lists:

1.  Kenya

b.jpg

2. Puntland 

axmed-madoobe-iyo-gaas.jpg

3.UAE?

pic_1531229955.jpg

4.UK?

s300_Ben_Fender_photo.jpg

5. Waraabe

_102582864_faysalcaliwaraabe.jpg

5. Fiqi

IMG_8A21EB-E8C137-F07EF1-96D102-7ED383-C

6. Xaaf

hqdefault.jpg

7. Faroole

maxresdefault.jpg

galbeedi   

I do not think the UK is willing to join among the spoilers and lose its standing.

The UAE is going down the drain. Everyone is waiting just one missile from Houthis or other players to hit Dubai and they will be history.

Who knows a war may break out between  the corrupt crown prince Mohamed.Bin Zayed of Abu Dabi who is the architect of the gulf quagmire and the man who lost almost all his family  and soon his business, Mohamed Bin Maktoum of Dubai.

. Xaaf, Fiqi, Faroole and others have nothing to lose, but Cabdulahi Deni should be very careful. The last spokesman of the regional governments was Xaaf and he is done like a dinner. Be careful who you  break the bread with these days.

Just expect Xaaf and Faroole , two 80 years old men making the dance floor.

Some of you maybe celebrating this, but is not the best approach.

This is based on the tactic that if you create so much inconvenience t the businesses and traveling public, they will blame Moodabe and not TFG.

It can go both ways. Don't cry if it goes the other way.

The correct approach should be that any region that wants to have international airport should make space for Federal agents to do the border check at the airport. Verfiaying, issuing visa...Otherwise the region looses international status of that airport. It can only be used for in country flights.

This is the correct approach and it works everywhere in developed or underdeveloped countries.

Kismayu airport is the border if it accepts international flights.

The optics of ordering flights to Mugadishu rather than another airport also does not bode well in the current situation.

galbeedi   

My friend ,

The world has changed.  No region should deny the federal government to land on its own airports. The Airport might belong to the regions physically, but all movements must be controlled by the federal government.

If Farmaajo is listening , here is another directive from the minister of aviation:

Effective mediately, all airports within the republic must be under the control of the federal governments . No one can enter the country without the approval of the national border control units. Anyone who refuses this directive will be denied airplanes to land in that region.

We are entering a new era my friend.