Sign in to follow this  
Castro

How to be a good wife

Castro   

1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal - on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.

4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.

6. Some Don'ts: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.

7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.

A great formula for a successful marriage or a recipe for a quick divorce? Let me know what you think. You've probably guessed what I think. :D

Source

Great formula, yes if he also chips in. He isnt the only one who had a long day,right.

1.Come home with a smile on his face, leave your office stress at the door, even if its forced, passes his wife a present, maybe chocolates, fruits, flowers, magazine or book.Or something for the kids ;)

2.Put your breifcase,coat and car keys in their appropriate place, so it will be easy for you and your wife wont have the 'I think I have misplaced my keys, you seen em?' arguments. Pass some nice salaams to your wife.

3.Sweet talk mumsab, any kids in the area get a hug n asked how their day went.Sometimes a pat on the head or just a kiss on the forehead is rewarded.

4. Go upstairs change into comfortable attire, come down and help lay the table while catching up with the kids and wifes day. Show a real interest in their tales.

5.Sit have dinner,compliment her cooking and tell the family interesting stories of your day. Let the kids see their daddy smiling for a change icon_razz.gif

6. Help the kids with their homework, read a book to them,there is nothing like mum and dad teaching their kids together then retire for a nice cup of tea with the lady of the house.

7. Time to talk serious stuff, catch up with office work and call it a night.

Isnt that also perfect?

Castro   

JB, interesting, yes, but pathetically so. I can't believe this was the official guide for young women about to be married. And where else? Right here in the U.S. (albeit in the 1950's). There's a bunch of assumptions being made in the list. One, the wife has no job outside the home. An assumption you can't make nowadays. Two, a wife has no emotions. What woman worth her dirac would do some of the things they mention in that thing? I don't know about you, JB, but I wouldn't want a wife like that. No way, no how.

@WOL: good luck finding a man like that. That's why it's the perfect situation. It never would happen. ;)

NGONGE   

I’m happy to report that I managed to train my Mrs on all these points apart from number eight. I would love to be able to moan about work and life while I’m having my dinner but I can’t. She’s too busy clearing up and preparing the salty water for my tired feet. I’ve given her until the end of the year to get her act together. Her family have also been informed.

Abyen   

wlahi this is funny cause our teacher read to us when i was in grade 12, and everybody thought it was a joke. our teacher said this list is from a magazine from the 60s. i thought this was a maid's job, not a real wife's job. i don't think there is any women who will do all those things on list.

8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

------------------------------------

ladies memories this one!! it could save u alot of troubles......!lool

i feel your pain bro!! take it from me

feed him first, n u will enjoy the fruits!! then its all good ladies!! :D

Sky   

how about a MUTUAL respect? whatever the wife does for the husband, the husband should do for the wife!

Yada Yada Yada! And Warrior of Light, you wanna cause me a heartattack or something?

No for real though, such a wife would scare the shit out of me. I like daily fights in my house, neighbours calling the cops on us and shit, kids screaming. Than I feel comfortable in my house.

juba   

Originally posted by Sky:

Yada Yada Yada! And Warrior of Light, you wanna cause me a heartattack or something?

No for real though, such a wife would scare the shit out of me. I like daily fights in my house, neighbours calling the cops on us and shit, kids screaming. Than I feel comfortable in my house.

whats wrong with treating your spouse as she treats you! :rolleyes: Its called a successful relationship!