Sign in to follow this  
kisha

Addictive to drugs....

kisha   

Yo I just wonna know why it's hard, to ask for help when maliz got drugs problems?

I know a few sista's/brotha's who do hard drugs, but they don't wonna get helped.... So i was wondering why?

Anyways fill in people!!

well,,,good quetsion ..but it think it is hard for a somali to have their mind changed PERIOD!

i mean, we have too much pride and hate to admit we are in the wrong.

a person who is taking drugs, has already thrown deen out the window, so very little can persuade them to stop.

the only thing that can stop somalian is Islaam, ooh! and their fathers!

DA_BEAST   

you get yourself into rehab when you're absolutely sure that you don't wanna do drugs no more but as most of the drug junkies will tell you it's the hrdest question one asks him/herself do i really need to stop now or later?

can stay drug free for the rest of my life?

will i ever be able to kick it or give in to the temptations once again?

somany there are a lot of hard questions one needs to ask him/herself before checkin' into a rehab and unfortunately a lot of ppl never get to chance to make into the rehab but i think the best way to stay drug free is never to get involved with drugs!

JUST SAY NO!

J.Lee   

the only thing that can stop somalian is Islaam, ooh! and their fathers!

why? let me try to answer that.... some of those people addicted to drugs get stressed out alot, they think they seen and experience EVERYTHING so they want to file for divorce with life and drugs offers them some means of escape to their own fantasy world. :rolleyes:

Just because they are Somali and Muslim does not mean they are prone to becoming drug addicts!! I think the problem comes in when Somali parents don't want to educate their kids about drugs because they think because they are muslim..It can never happen to them!!!

For a drug addict, the hardest part is admitting that you DO have a problem that you can't solve by yourself. Some people just don't even consider rehabilitation centers and gettin' detoxed. They just need the support system to give them courage. But what do most Somalis do when they find out another somali has this issue??? They shun them!

well somalian are naturally sturban, and hate to admit they in the wrong, if they see it as a social issue they will never let go of their bad habit.

however, the only weapon that controlls a somalian is Islaam, try and guide them on Allah's path--and May Allah make it easy 4u---Amiin

Many reverts to Islaam (those that became muslims) who had drug addictions have given it up for the sake of safeguarding their religion,

it is hard but not impposible, dont give up on them, keep advising them...InshaAllah

See a drug like Khat is a collective drug, we chew, and somehow the youths in the west think its part of their culture, when its not. Even parents don't see as being a problem, they might even get their first hit from their parents, taking a leaf from here and there --- wish my parents supplied me.

Baluug   

Once you're addicted to anything,it becomes really hard to quit,not only because of the physically addicting properties of whatever it is,but the addiction(or,more appropiately,Shaydaan) also messes with your mind,telling you things like "you can't quit" or "it's too hard to quit,besides,you're gonna die someday anyways",and so on.It's a whole negative situation from all sides,and the best way to quit,is to never start.