Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Unique Somali names

Aaliyyah   

^ I just provided you the meaning ...

aaliyah= highest social standing...

dawiil = tall...

Anways this thread was for somali names and since I dnt have any fav. somali name i will let others contribute smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

I meant Ngonge is not a somali name, but it is most likely an african name. It sounds like an african name

am merely assuming........

Aaliyah, ngonge, rudy, northerner, ibtisam, cynical lady, koolkat, sheherazade, me, femme fatale, malika, bob, zafir, adam zayla, che, layzie, etc ..............

tolow yaynu nahay ,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

Aaliyyah   

^^ back in the days from what I was told ppl use to name their daughters Europe, england and so on and forth. So barlin was prolly derived from Berlin ....the capital of Germany....

I guess when ppl went oversease for work and studies or what not, they just fell in love with the location names...it must have been something unique, something they havent heard of. so when they went back to somalia they named their daughters after those locations ...

sounds like a reasonable argument

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

^^ back in the days from what I was told ppl use to name their daughters Europe, england and so on and forth. So barlin was prolly derived from Berlin ....the capital of Germany....

I guess when ppl went oversease for work and studies or what not, they just fell in love with the location names...it must have been something unique, something they havent heard of. so when they went back to somalia they named their daughters after those locations ...

sounds like a reasonable argument

I know how it came up,but how silly was that person WHO came up with that name L0L...Its a beautiful name,but just silly name smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

^ It actually shows how easily as somalis we can be influenced and the prove is the last 17 yrs and how somalis adjusted easily to the culture of their adopted country.

you go to carabaha masha allah somali girls and guys are religious or at least cultured. On the other hand in the west many somalis gone wild.

For the most part somalis believe when u are in rome act like romans ..sad aint it?