Sign in to follow this  
AminaTammy

Sambusa Wrappers

Nephissa   

Wa Alaikuma Salaam,

I have never made it from scratch. I always get egg-roll wrap from the halal store to wrap my sambusa. Tastes just as good as anything you could make from scratch...

Cara.   

^No it doesn't, but we can pretend icon_razz.gif

Amina, try Nephissa's suggestion, that's what most people do nowadays.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

I love Sambusa and always have as long as I can remember especially at Ramadan where it's a MUST in my house...I buy a ready made one from the local grocery store and BAM a friend does the rest...I know I know I know...but I don't know how to cook and I find myself promising myself to buy cooking books and stuff but as soon as the next day breaks all is fogotten.

Aamina your topics has been a massive help to clans of batchelors here in SOL and I am one of them and I thank you for your help but in case if things go wrong and I manage to burn the house down...I will give the cops your details and say she told me that I could cook... :D

Once again Thanks a millions indeed sister-in-law and keep up the good work and I wish you all the best Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Masha'Allah thank you for the kind words. I am very enthusiastic the first week of Ramadan. I like making it special for my husband and the kids. But after a week, I use the store bought wraps.

Castro   

Originally posted by Nephissa:

Wa Alaikuma Salaam,

I have never made it from scratch. I always get egg-roll wrap from the halal store to wrap my sambusa. Tastes just as good as anything you could make from scratch...

Egg-roll wrap? You Kung Pao chicken eating maryooley.

Amina/Tammy, try tortilla (wheat or white) but not the frozen type. While it's soft, spread it like you're making a quesadilla and cut into 4 quarters. It makes a thicker than usual pocket but it will soak much less oil. And use some good quality tortilla and preferably olive oil.

I'm an expert on these things. I've watched my wife make them for years while I veg on the couch.

Let me know how it works.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Castro:

I'm an expert on these things. I've watched my wife make them for years while I veg on the couch.

Let me know how it works.

E'eeh! Come again Atheer? Maad sheegi mise waan sheegi how you became good @ it? You ain't no king lion, jooji bug-ta :D . How many times a day did you and your pack of chokoro go up and down the streets of Xamar carrying metal trays full of sambusa on your heads? huh? Go ahead tell'em..

BOB   

Aamina...your family must be very lucky to have such a chef...your husband and kids in particualar Maasha Allah.

Xaajiyo Bishaaro waan ku salaamay walaashiis.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.