Sign in to follow this  
Amina daughter of Nikatau

Women Should eat before Men...it's only fair

Bess.   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

I never want to eat after I cook, my edo told me because the smells fills you up. I would normal have a snack hrs later.

Amina, you are doing the cooking, so add self feeding time to your cooking time if it bothers you so much. And WLC to SOL.

Lol...i agree. i never want to eat after i have been cooking all day.

besides just cook enough for everyone...and then u can all eat happily, at the same time, one after the other whatever way makes u happy.

i personally prefer to feed everyone at the same time, so that i don't have the whole problem of food running out. the only people who don't eat first are generally the cook and whoever is helping in the kitchen.

Originally posted by Nephisa Al-Soomaal:

quote:The food they serve for 1 person can be eaten by 3. Portions are Mashallah.. a ticket to grow neema neema(bellies)!!!

Not in my experience. I can not remember how many times I was initially disappointed when an entree arrived; kis yar bariis, labo xabo hilib, & 3 jab bataati! :mad: . I think Somali restaurants decide on what portion size to offer to a woman, maxaa dhacay dheh saxamada ragga loo wado buux-dhaaf, geeesahay ka qubanayaan. They must think women don't eat :rolleyes: . As long as I'm paying for it, I don't see how it is any of their business how much/little one eats.

Now I always tell them 'rag baa loo wadaa' and get it to-go.
Please visit Columbus OH, you will be amazed by the amount. Its like universal every Somali joint you go they compete in quantity. Mashallah, food tastes tasty though.