Sign in to follow this  
lol

Somaliya La Yaabkii Iga qabsaday!

Hibo,

Welcome back suga. Sounds like you had an educating trip!

I do plan to go back soon haduu Allah idmo...but for now, tell me a little bit more about the FGM project you worked on pls.

Nice weather huh? smile.gif

Looooool@ Muuraad

Hibo....It is good thing to see young somalis helping in the fight against the virus. As world AIDS day nears, the future looks dim for many countries including our neighbors. Somalia can't afford AIDS pandemic coupled with prolonged civil war. Iam glad yu took time to go back home n promote AIDS awereness. I hope others including me will follow in your foot steps. I will definately be going back home next year.

koonfur   

Ramadan Karim everybody.

Welcome back Hibo.

This is really sad. 4 out 100 got AIDS just in Gaalkayo alone. What about the rest of the country? It is terrable. Since you were there, you probably know more than I do So, do you have any idea what is really causing this to spread that fast? I mean few years ago, It was nearly imposible to find AIDS in Somalia and look what happening now.

There are some stories that I head of why AIDS is so high in that reagon of the country but I don't know if that is right or not. So, I wanted to get your views on that.

Hibo, I am glad to see you again walaashiis. That was a noble cause.

Please give us more data, details about the AIDS in the areas you visited and how people are coping with it.

I heard that doctors can get shot in the head if they tell someone he/she has AIDS. Is that true? What can the locals do to stop the rapid spread?

nuune   

Hibo baaye, anigu awalba dhiillo mooyee dhawaaq farax leh dhankaas kama sugayn,

muraad,sxboow dad badan baad ka nixissay markaad eraygaas dhahday,LAALKIINSE si fudud baa loo qaatay, waxaa wanaagsaneed in la fahmo jumlada ka danbeessay eraygaas,waayo eraygaas siduu yahay hadii loo qaato jumlada ka danbeeso suurta gal uma ahan inay raacdo,xattaa if u drop one (i) it is still simple to undertand as murugo iyo fajac,CIID WANAAGSAN TO ALL

Rokko   

Welcome back and we're glad to have you back safe and sound.

Although I have heard of these kinds of stories, it's still a very helpful yet sadly true and wished it would in no way happen.

Hibo, there's a Non-profit Org called GURMAD, which is based in Mpls and could truly make use of some of the sites/ppl perhaps interviews. This organization wants to create awareness of this AIDS epidemic and how speedy it's going in the face of the low % compare to other African nations. Please let me know and also you're welcome to join.

BTW, I'm going to Somalia this coming summer and if anyone wants to send some Xalwad, cigarete,shampoo,teabags,flour,suga let me know LOL.

Once again, thanx for the info sis.

Xafsa   

Hibo---I missed you too walaahi..school aint the same with out you!

abaayooy like barwaaqo can you give me more info on the FGM project you worked on?

mobb deep Gurmad is based in mnpls? you got anymore info about it?

Rokko   

flying-still yep GURMAD is based here and is really new and also is looking for somali women, who are active in the community and want to contribute here and abroad. If you or anyone you know is interested plz let me know.

GURMAD usually meets weekly on Saturdays @ UofM's Carlson College. I'll forward more info to you or anyone else who's interested insha Allah.

Samafal   

Hibo sis when i asked you about the reports you have i did not in any way intending to be difficulty, I just wanted a fellow up information to go with the one you provided us.

but what do you plan to do once I present you these documents? Are you going to be " reer fadhi ku dirir" or are you going to go back and make a difference and sacrifice your well moulded cozy life?

Before this topic of yours I was planning to go back home next summer thinking that I had little to offer, but it is this kind of information that drive me further to go sooner rather than later and do whatever difference I can make. Inshallah I will not be a ‘’Fadhi Ku dirir’’ but some one who does his part to help fellow Somali People who are going through hard times. Thanks.

By the way Muraad hasn't said an insult, it is just another Somali vocab similar to that you have in mind.

Baashi   

Hibo,

Bravo! wlc back qallanjo.

Mobb_Deep,

I wish the organizers of GURMAD all the best. It is very noble cause. Let us know how we can help.

Blessed   

Hibo darling, ramadaan kariim to you too babes .. and Eid mubaarek (if I don't post here b4 than).

Can you see yourself living in Somalia? Would you give up your moulded life in return for a hard but rewarding one?

you'll definately see me in the summer - hadaan noolaado i'a.

p.s being a mod. is sidan iyo sidaa but overall its pretty cool to be wid da nomads ;)

lol@Muraad!

Qudheydduba waxaan u baahanahay in af Somaaliga la i baro - I never heard that word b4 this post :eek: Hadii uu qof kale qori lahaa, I'd think it was cay too lol.. maybe you can start a class for us.

ayaanick   

Mobb-deep:(interesting nick)

Well I am happy to know that we as Somalis are taking some actions towards this deadly disease that has claimed so many innocent lifes. So Mob-deep, I would really like to know more about this organization that you have mentioned aboved. Gurmad:(meaning action):

Please do send me all of the info you can gather about this group! I would love get involve in a cause like this.

ayaanick   

Hibo: Waad dheeraatay walee:

I am glad you went home, and saw the reality, that is hidden from us here. Someday perhaps we will be as brave as you, and go back to our motherland, and contribute something positive to our country, and people!

Once again, welcome back, and best wishes to you walaal!

ayaan/khadra

Dhimbil   

Hiboooo, Welcome back abaayadiis,

We miss you, particular at msu, no more songs, sheeko qosol, and spontaneous cooking lol.

I am glad your back safely, its really sad to hear the 4/1 aids crisis, but hopefully yours and other awareness campaigns will help.

good to see you