Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

What to wear??

Fabregas   

At 5.30pm there will be a Islamic talk. And at 6.00pm people can mingle, greet, give presents and have shisha, cakes and snacks

:D

Ibtisam   

^^^What is wrong with that. Gave everyone the chance to go and drop off their presents and say hello and meet the other side.

It was a nice wedding and it is nice to be bakc home before the sun goes down. So strange though. I almost missed the somali madness of naah faadiisita, amusa etc :D

P.s. I took Blessed and Malika's advise.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

^^^What is wrong with that. Gave everyone the chance to go and drop off their presents and say hello and meet the other side.

It was a nice wedding and it is nice to be bakc home before the sun goes down. So strange though. I almost missed the somali madness of naah faadiisita, amusa etc

P.s. I took Blessed and Malika's advise.

lol, There will be an Islamic Talk, and on half- an hour later; Shiisha and mingling, ya?

Ibtisam, you should have come to my wedding, it was fully Islamic. The bridegroom and all the other females were dressed in Niqab. There was no Music, only Jihadi Nasheeds. And we had 3 hours of muxadirooyin. :cool:

p.s. I am not married :D But I do hope to marry a mediterinean convert ;)

Ibtisam   

^^^I want an invite. But I'm mad at you! "Sale out!" Self hating Somali!

No one smoked the shisha, and it was just left there, and it was respectable mixing :D Not the usual madness. This was like anty and uncle meet my dad's sister kinda thing.

Lol Che, I was happy to be heading home.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

I was happy and pissed at the same time.

at a Somali wedding. Tut. smile.gif

Ibts, thing to do is wear one of em big mamma non-see through ones and have the kind of arms that are short and skinny enough to allow the sleeve to practically reach the wrists. Worked for me last time, was agonising over what to wear over what not and the darn thing drowned me so I was happy. Got a cousin to tuck me in, wore ridiculously high platforms and managed to have a good time. :D

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Well islamically I heard mixed weddings are haraam.

They are haraam. There is no... ''well, as long as you're dressed modestly''. Allah prohibited mixed settings because of the temptation and haraam involved in it.

Anyway, I would have given my $0.02 on what to wear, but it seems like you have already went to the wedding.

LoL

Ibti, hoorta i'm sure we all know that the 85 guest who are actually invited will turn into 300 sweaty, uninvited hungry qaxootis all gaging to get a spot in the video, and as soon as they hear 'free shisha' that 300 will turn into 400!

I say you wear a xaaaax black and green dirac(black goes with everything)and a matching shalmad/hijab(i can't be encouraging you to show ur sexc hair)

Pucca   

There's no such thing as 'women only' weddings these days...no sir they're all freaking mixed! So one might as well dress properly knowing that during some point...there will be men.

Pisses me off really, i mean why not just mention it to the people that men will suddenly come rushing in when the groom comes so that people (like me) dont have to run around looking for something to cover ourselves with ...ARGH!

oh well...i've sworn off weddings for good this time. I'll be sick with terrible cramps anytime im called to one...

ps. why isnt the camera man ever consider to be a MAN??

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Brofessor_Geeljire:

At 5.30pm there will be a Islamic talk. And at 6.00pm people can mingle, greet, give presents and have shisha, cakes and snacks

I would normally make a snide comment here :D

Ibti, gald you enjoyed it and was home in time for Dr Who :D

Ibtisam   

^^^ :D thanks. lol @ Dr. Who

Pucca, forget the Camera man, how come no one considers the groom as a MAN?? Do they think that night his thoughts and eyes are busy else where or because he is getting married he has no eyes? It is only human nature to look at beautifully under-dressed ladies all jumping around, even if it is your own wedding. If I was guy I'd be sitting getting cold feet thinking: "MAybe, maybe THAT one, no one my Xalimo is good, but wooh check that one out... :D I wonder if she can dance like that, what if she can't, that one is taller than her, and she has longer nicer hair...the rest of my life with this one, that is kinda scary...maybe maybe..." :D Come we all know some guys are weak and low self control.

I'm sure there are few (or maybe many) who would be blind and deaf to all “the see-threw dirca” dancing ladies and content with their chosen one. But still if the groom is in the wedding, it is not a ladies only wedding.

Bella, lol thanks dear. And no only 85-90 people turned up. lol

She

I have a full Somali wedding to attend soon (my cousin), pray tell me what is a Mama dirca and where do I get one?? :confused: Sounds like just what I need.

AL Mu’minia, please do tell, It is the wedding season in full swing.

Haneefah   

^Xaraam, no woman under 50 should be allowed to wear that darn thing. There's a reason why they call it Bac, you know :D God forbid, who wants to see a beautiful sister inside a humongous bac. *ducks from all the bac weyn lovers*

Seriously, adoo heli kara a gorgeous set of silk dirac which you can wear with class (islamically of course), why bother with that cottony, ayeeyo thing.

Paragon   

^And I thought you are a great advocate for it smile.gif .

At 5.30pm there will be a
Islamic talk
. And at 6.00pm
people can mingle
, greet, give presents and
have shisha
, cakes and snacks.
Everyone should leave
by 8.30pm.

:D Right right. :D