Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Da weather

Faheema.   

Originally posted by Athena:

I had the misfortune of having to travel by tube.. OH GOD! Its suffocating down there! Avoid it Nomads - at any cost.

Try doing that mon-fri rush hours on one of the most busiest tube (cenral line). :mad: :mad:

Wow...I'm here thinking its not hot enough. Guess I should be thankful. Sorry you guys are going through alot. I remember one time our airconditioner was broken. And for the whole day I felt like I was gonna die. I took like 10 showers to cool myself. If you guys think you're dying...think of how bad it will be in hell. UK will be heaven compared to hell. :cool: Keep that in mind.

.:peace n luv:.

Originally posted by Shayma:

Try doing that mon-fri rush hours on one of the most busiest tube (cenral line). :mad: :mad:

That's terrible. I feel sorry for u sis...but I think it might be worse to be stuck in traffic in this heat. At least the tube is fast....however suffocating. Central line...lol, I bet u is deaf as well!

MD   

Damn it gets that hot, i was planning to visit the place next summer i should give it a second thought can't handle the heat icon_razz.gif

Faheema.   

Originally posted by BARWAAQO:

That's terrible. I feel sorry for u sis...but I think it might be worse to be stuck in traffic in this heat. At least the tube is fast....however suffocating. Central line...lol, I bet u is deaf as well!

Yaa, maxaa tiri bal kusoo celi..lol... seriously thou, that 20 mins journey feels like a lifetime and I would rather be stuck in my car, turn the windows up and press the A/C button... maansha'allah :D:D but then I'll be spending another hour trying to find a parking space that doesn't cost an arm and a leg....ohhh well :rolleyes:

Changed   

can i brag.....am sitting in an air conditioned room, if i do go out the car is air conditioned and yes the malls are too and so are the stores even hyvee is air conditioned .........hmmm

now what is the heat that we are talking about icon_razz.gif

Macalin   

can i brag.....am sitting in an air conditioned room, if i do go out the car is air conditioned and yes the malls are too and so are the stores even hyvee is air conditioned .........hmmm

------

Now this is what i call Good OL USA---i have yet to feel the HEAT--am actually looking for the sun..need to go to the Beach-i need to work on my TAN

oh we will send some AC's to the Queens LAND-god save the queen from the heat

Gediid:

LOOOOOOOOOOL what difference will that do for Malis...I always thought that was for the white folks.never seen or heard of a Mali getting a burned

Just to let you know that although large amounts of melanin in DARK skin offer some safety during sun exposure, protection is still a must.

Brown skin, whether light, medium or dark, can burn. Most Somalis(just like most blacks) don't think of our skin as burning, but it does.And in rare cases, DARK SKINNED people (Somalis) can get basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma, which generally are caused by sun exposure.

Make the most of the sun while it lasts,heard you don't get to see that a lot in the UK

Thanks for the advice, but if I really want to see PROPER sunshine I would go to the countries KNOWN for their pleasant summer season.

Nin Yaban:

The bad thing is, this is a country that was suppose to be a modern western nation.

The only modern thing about the UK is the name and the location, so don't put your hopes up. The country's systems are in shambles, corruption, failed bureaucracy, you name it, we've got it.

Salaan...

Toronto in this summer is becoming like London--constant showers. Darn. Almost this summer is an extended spring.

And the weather in Yurub, Ilaahey ha idiin garab galo. Especially the subway trains. Even they are hot in winter time and very small space, very cariiri. Wixii British ehbo small waaye, balaayo idinku yaraatee.

Macsalaama.

I hate oh my days do I hate warm weather. But oh well other then staying indoors all day I have no choice but to survive in it.

Guide to survival on the central line:

*Simply invest in a mini battery operated fan (guaranteed to work).

*The night before your journey put bottled water in the freezer.

By morning it would of frozen up, and by the time your on the train you will be enjoying a cold drink your face will be sweat free and you will be the envy of the carriage.

I'm sorry to say this...but what is with all the complaints redface.gif . We live in Minna-Soda, we know what it means to be very hot, and cold. Alhamduallah it's nice this summer, it's only 80-90 degeress. Which is great!!! About two to threee years ago Minna-Soda was the coldest and warmest state!! :eek: But we shouldn't complain. Were Africans...even though Somalia has a very nice breeze to it's summer! But just wanted to wish ya'll luck. Just don't leave the house! :D