Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Da weather

N.O.R.F   

damnnn it hooooooot! is all good tho i'm still my hols, wots ppl been doin in this crazy mid 30 degree heat.

Advice drink loads of fluids, dont wanna my fellow nomads gettin sun stroke, that would be embarassin!

Siesta time....... peace

*hehehe*

Yeah I am assuming your from the UK, am I right? I can tell by the way you are complainin about it being 30 degrees Celsius......TRY 90 degrees farenheit, buddy!

It's not hot enough to get a sunstroke around these parts...

I have a very close friend who is from Great Britain and he tells me how things really suck there. One of the things he told me was how there are no airconditions installed in most public places. For example like the public trains, libraries, and movie centers. I dont understand how a country could get by without any A/c's?

I live in Amerika and everywhere seems to be airconditioned, even the bus-stops. You know where you wait for the bus. Anyways, if its easy i would've suggest that everyone move down to Amerika and enjoy life here.

N.O.R.F   

nin yaaban, thats very true, but like all britains (i dont consider myself one)they just accept it and get on with life. This time last year i was working on a building site in those small potacabins with one small fan between 3 of us, that is what u call unhealthy working conditions. I never complain about the weather, i just make the most out of the limited good days we get in the uK!

Yall see abit of sun and you all screaming :), wassup guyz you can't handle the heat? well for me its like walking through a cold breeze, its brilliant - lol I wish - i'm burning here....can't wait for my beautiful rain .

I must add london transport is Awful...dreading going home!.

Northerner, so why not move down here to the US?

My son (the one with the USAF) told me he might be stationed in one of those Amerikaan bases in London.

The wheather has been nasty these last couple of weeks. London wheather is the worst in the whole country apparantly,they were hoping for record breaking heat.The highest recorded temperature was apparantly on Aug 3, 1990 when the mercury soared to 98.8C in Cheltenham. The people I really feel sorry for are the London Underground commuters who are the worst off in these soaring temperatures. I was watching this program which showed that it was over 40 degrees in the tubes. It was like a sauna in there. People were sweating like pigs. I reckon we shoud all strike and demand for air conditioning installements in tubes, we bloody well pay for it!!

Here is an article about how they want to deal with high temperatures in the future, lets just hope they go ahead with it. NO WORK DURING HEAT sounds good to me smile.gif .

TUC calls for maximum workplace temperature

As Britain’s workers find themselves in another August heatwave, the TUC is calling for a legal maximum for workplace temperatures. While there is a legal minimum temperature below which no-one should have to work, there is no equivalent if it gets too hot.

Too much heat can cause fatigue, extra strain on the heart and lungs, dizziness and fainting, or heat cramps due to loss of water and salt. Hot, dry air can increase the risk of eye and throat infections, and breathing problems such as asthma and rhinitis.

The TUC is calling for a maximum working temperature of 30oC, or 27oC for those doing strenuous work. When the heat hits the maximum, employers should reduce the temperature, with, for example, fans or air conditioning. Workers, whose exposure to heat cannot be reduced, should be provided with adequate breaks and offered job rotation. Hot temperatures cause injuries and illness at work. Employees suffering in sweltering workplaces run the risk of:

· heat stroke and dehydration

· tiredness leading to accidents

· irritability and the threat of violence

· higher stress levels, with enhanced risks of mental and physical illness

TUC General Secretary, John Monks, said:

'It is farcical that we have a legal minimum but no legal maximum for workplace temperatures. Extreme heat can be just as dangerous as extreme cold. While there is no legal maximum working temperature, Britain’s workers are not protected from sweatshop conditions.'

Notes to Editors:

Working in the heat can cause injuries and illness, directly and as a result of greater stress, increased violence and lack of concentration.

Workers affected involve transport workers, retail staff, cooks, farm workers and construction workers.

Office workers also suffer problems from the heat - lack of concentration can cause nasty accidents, with slips and trips still the major injury risk. Prolonged concentration at a VDU in a heat wave will have workers stressed, tense, exhausted and probably suffering headaches and eye strain.

People who work with the public, for example, benefit staff, leisure workers, shopworkers, teachers and bank staff, could be exposed to increased levels of violence.

People who work in the heat already are at increased risk of heat exhaustion when the outside temperature goes up. Cooks, bakers and foundry workers, for example, are at special risk.

The law on minimum temperatures is clear and unambiguous - 13oC for strenuous work, 16oC generally.

Many of the steps needed to reduce heat at work can be taken voluntarily, and the TUC believes that managers should agree action with union workplace Safety Reps where possible.

Workers deserve a legal right to be protected against the heat, a right that would also underpin voluntary measures.

All I suggest to fellow nomads is to put some sun lotion if you are exposed to extensive sun.

Good luck!!

Gediid   

Originally posted by Nefertiti:

All I suggest to fellow nomads is to put some sun lotion if you are exposed to extensive sun.

Good luck!!

LOOOOOOOOOOL what difference will that do for Malis...I always thought that was for the white folks.never seen or heard of a Mali getting a burned.Make the most of the sun while it lasts,heard you don't get to see that a lot in the UK

Originally posted by Nefertiti:

demand for air conditioning installements in tubes, we bloody well pay for it

The bad thing is, this is a country that was suppose to be a modern western nation.