Che -Guevara

Jubaland: Allocation of Parliament seats

How is it possible almost two-thirds of the seats went to one community? This is one of the diverse regions of Somalia.

This is why we proportional representation?

P.s. There's also second list put forward by the opposition.

I don't know about that but two-thirds should not allocated to a tribe whose population size does not exceed that of the other Somalis. It's insane D-folks have so many seats while indigenous population are sidelined.

galbeedi   

it is not only illegal , but also illogic. Everywhere Somali clans are curving out the country flowing their whims. 

Even REER Sool, SAnaag and Galdogob have seats while many other communities are denied. They assumed this to be a D block confederacy. If real election takes place more  than half of these clans might not muster the number--probably 10,000 or so --needed to win a seat. 

That is why Somali clans refuse to hold free elections even in peaceful regions.

Finally, I hate to say it , but the current pattern and the gerrymandering  taking place in Jubbaland will favour Ahmed Madoobe.

It seems Madoobe will be elected this time. 

People are thinking now from the opposite.

What would happen if Moodabe is not re-elected? If you don't have an answer to taht then close your nose and re-elect Moodabe and move on.

Accusing him of friendship with Kenya while sitting on Ethiopian arms is disrespecting the people and meaningless.

Faarmajo better realize that SWS and Jubaland are different.

PM Abiy also should realize the same facts. SWS do not have a powerful community or organized force in Ethiopia. Jubaland has a very impactful force.

Mourad1   

A region that has been fought over for almost three decades. To suddenly come and say, that a specific group dominates the region without data or census on the table, is an insult to the intellect. 

A diverse region like Jubbaland should have an formula in place along the lines of 4.5 system, that gives all the important actors in the region a sense of representation on temporary basis. 

In the future, the admin can come up with tons of reasons to justify the distribution of the seats. But not in this matter, this kind of action will lead to more armed conflict and more opposition from other clans. 

On 8/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, Apophis said:

Indigenous? As in those imported from Tanzania in the 19th century? What are you on 

So are you. You're imported from Ethiopia and Kenya.  Don't play bs game.  

Dabrow   

The allocations are deeply unfair even on subclan levels. My subclan are found in large numbers in Doolow, Beledxawo and Luuq yet my subclan got only 2mps compared that to Madoobe clan or Puntland community that might be 1/3 the size of my subclan in "jubbaland".

Others such as jareer community and beesha 5and are marginalized to a disgusting point.

Tallaabo   

What is the point of arguing about allocations for each subclan when the whole matter could easily be settled by conducting a one man one vote election? The FGS should have demanded a more democratic vote than this backward system. 

20 minutes ago, Dabrow said:

The allocations are deeply unfair even on subclan levels. My subclan are found in large numbers in Doolow, Beledxawo and Luuq yet my subclan got only 2mps compared that to Madoobe clan or Puntland community that might be 1/3 the size of my subclan in "jubbaland".

Others such as jareer community and beesha 5and are marginalized to a disgusting point.

You are okay in position considering your larger tribal family has overwhelming majority. Besides, your clan is well armed and can defend itself.

But 'minority' tribes who are not armed have been robbed blind.

Tallaabo,

The feds themselves don't want direct elections. It's not a winning propositiob.

4 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

What is the point of arguing about allocations for each subclan when the whole matter could easily be settled by conducting a one man one vote election? The FGS should have demanded a more democratic vote than this backward system. 

My friend. How can the FGS demand or even so kindly request, when its only issue is to keep the same system, but favorable to FGS?

The constitution is placed somewhere safe to avoid one man one vote by FGS.

Faarmajo is comfortable with existing clan sub-clan system since there is less people to deal with and less people to bribe.

Haatu   

Liiska waan arkay, dadkii aan degaanka ku ogaa waan ku wada arkay. Tolow yaa ka maqan oo aad sheegaysiin?

Dad badan baa cuqdad O la dhaha qabaa. Shalay taariikh baad inkirteen, maantana ma tan baad la imaateen?

3 hours ago, Haatu said:

Liiska waan arkay, dadkii aan degaanka ku ogaa waan ku wada arkay. Tolow yaa ka maqan oo aad sheegaysiin?

Dad badan baa cuqdad O la dhaha qabaa. Shalay taariikh baad inkirteen, maantana ma tan baad la imaateen?

Where did anyone mention O? However, how  D club divide seats are beside the point but that they have 75% of Parliament is simply outrageous. 

And you are telling us D&M, Dir, Garrre, H-Club, Bantu clans, and other clans form such a small minority in the region? Caqli hashaqeeyo or like Morgan, Hiiraale and others, Madobe would another warlord that will be eventually be pushed out violently