SeaFaringSomali

Somali Oromo reconciliation conference in Jigjiga

galbeedi   

Che,

Why you object the coming together of Oromo-Somali brotherhood?

I think it is a good move by president Cagjar. The new president  of Oromia Mr. Shimelis Abdisa shares faith and culture with us. He is from Hararghe region which shares both culture , trade and traditions with Somalis.

The 10 million Oromo from South of Adamo (Formerly Nazreth) all the way to Baabili and Diedawa are our natural traders. Somalis from Borama, Zaylac to Hargeisa to Buuhoodle and Boosaaso could trade with these millions of customers who are landlocked.

While the Oromia region around Addis and those in the west like Wellega are developed during the TPLF rule,  the South Eastern Oromo Hararghe) neighboring Somalis lack basic infrastructure and big business. It was one of the major reasons they leave their villages for better life in Somali regions where money for law wages were always available. Lacagta Xawillada ayaanu siina si ay noogu shaqeeyaan.

If the current government opens trade , export and importing of Somali foreign goods ito Oromia, it might change the whole region. Trade monopoly was and still dominated by Tigray, Guraghe and Amhara. Also, since the Oromo are the best farmers and producers of many stable foods, we might even learn one or two things from them.

When I went to Jigjiga most of the trades like construction is dominated by them. Somali locals do not work in restaurants, hotels, barber shops, and all technical things including fixing anything mechanical.

The issue of the border and the recovery of Somali towns must be pushed by the Somali leadership. We might even swab some land . JInacsani, Tulli and the surrounding countryside has always been Somalilands. WE must convince to our brothers the , Jaarso,  to accept their incorporation within thre Somali region like before.

Any way, we must be always allies with the Oromo until the Amhara chuvanists are out of the picture. The Amhara could ally themselves with the TPLF to gain power. Remember, the Oromo had overthrown a thousand year old empire and brought independence to millions, including Somalis. THey are a nation and their strong unity for change despite their  religious differences must be applauded. THey are the way we were in early sixties before hungry tribes brought down our  nation to pieces and dispersed us around the globe. Too bad some fools are still celebrating the misery of their own people by curving the land to pieces. I envy our Oromo brothers of today.

I went back home in 2011 after twenty years , and while transfering a plane from Djibouti, I saw a plane sitting in the runway. THen I saw a Russian man with sandals and short pants carrying a jug of fuel or something and filling the plane. When I approached I said, " After 22 years and counting , is this the change we destroyed our country for". Is this Why thousands died ? Waar dalkii ma waxan baa lagu bedeshay?.

Have you seen Mr. Deni of Puntalnd saying " Dalka Puntald " again and again  in his speech in August first?  Where in the world did you see a province showcase armored cars and military just like the independence day? Waar goormay noqotay Maalintii calanka la qaatay?. Some are starving yet waving the false flag of session, and other like Puntland are just probably behind them. Meanwhile In mogadishu , some are murdering their neighbors as business as usual. Only in Somalia. 

Folks, let us get back our country and rise up like the Oromo.

Did you  see how I did  left the topic that quickly? because I am angry of these ugly Somalis.

Ahmed Abiy needs strong Somali leader that would deny any Amhara skemes of trying to destroy the current system. Cagjar must rise to the occasion and have something meaningful than just cheep talk.

By the way , it is nice to see Farah Macalin on the right side of these issue,  as always.

Ahmed abiye is still partly amhara half of the gallas are culturally politically amhara. The galla are going for expansion in the whole East Africa don't fall for the trap of cushetic banner. We kept these gallas away for centuries let's maintain that  policy Trade ties lama diidin but keep your eyes open be vigilant Your dealing with 50 million gallas  30 Million amhara. 

Galbeedi,

A couple of days ago marked the day a young Somali mother and her four children were burned to death by an Oromo mob. What's Somali-Oromo brotherhood mean to those that died at the hands of Oromo and not mention 700,000 Somali IDPs camped outside Jigjiga.

Xitaa wey noo quuri waayeen inee xabad nogo dilaan. They hacked and burned our people. I don't like useless photo-ops.  If they are serious, they must be held accountable. The crimes against Somalis must be acknowledged and addressed.

Cagjar is better off uniting his constituents instead placating to others.

galbeedi   

Che,

That is really bad and unacceptable. 

The Somali  leadership must build good relationship with the Oromo leaders but must take a tough stand on the issue of the Oromo mob targeting Somalis.The region must build a Somali force that reflects the people and should protect the Somalis if things get out of hand.

I agree that Mr. Cagjar should not be only about making an apology tour while others are not guaranteeing the safety of Somalis. 

But, why the Oromo are manifesting this kind of hare. It is a dilemma.