Sign in to follow this  
UglyGeekyWoman

My battle with acne

its been said "There is no single disease which causes more psychic trauma, more maladjustment between parents and children, more general insecurity and feelings of inferiority and greater sums of psychic suffering than does acne vulgaris." --

Acne, has a significant impact on a personal outlook on life. Recent i have detected the following behaviors due to my bad acne:

Social withdrawal

Decreased, Decreased, Decreased self-esteem

Reduced self-confidence

Poor body image

Embarrassment at all times

Feelings of depression

Anger

Preoccupation

Frustration

Feeling very unattractive when viewed by men

The effects listed above are often interrelated, with one effect leading to another and another, only to make the first effect worse. These negative psychosocial effects has a crippling impact on me, discouraging me from pursuing life's opportunities--socially, on the job, or at university. So I was hoping if someone has any advice for me?

this is a like image of my hideous face

acne.jpg

so please help :( thank you

Castro   

Originally posted by uglyGeek:

So I was hoping if someone has any advice for me?

Consult a board certified physician. Next.

Pacifist   

Consult a Dermotologist and please don't use these product people list,,Proactive, Acutane etc. Its better you see a doctor and then they will take blood test and check for any complications.

I have seen people use these products and wasted lots of money, until they went to a doctor.

Good luck

Jacpher   

What’s acne? Finqooq?

Check yourself into a dermatology clinic girl. Get your thinking straighten out. As the United Negro College slogan goes, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. You don’t report to wierdos staring at you strangely. You report to God and fortunately, he looks not at your physical appearance, rather your heart. It has a cure, not a skin killer disease. As the above brother said, stay clear of those infomercial products.

Nephissa   

Get over it. It's only a minor skin irritation. You're not disfigured, you're still healthy. You just have some red bumps on your face. And you know what? unless you are a professional model, no one cares. And it sure as hell is not worth feeling depressed over. There are people out there fighting cancer who don't let it slow them down. So don't let acne get you bummed out.

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

Get over it. It's only a minor skin irritation. You're not disfigured, you're still healthy. You just have some red bumps on your face. And you know what? unless you are a professional model, no one cares. And it sure as hell is not worth feeling depressed over. There are people out there fighting cancer who don't let it slow them down. So don't let acne get you bummed out.

^^^ Yeah but she asked for a solution not a lecture! icon_razz.gif . Ha ku qaylin gabadha yar

I will let you lecture me. but for the gabadha - well - she is already down and lacking confidence and the best you could come up with was "ha u bixin dad kaa dhib badan baa jira" in a long lecture.

So tell her what is the solution ---> intaas adaan kuu baneeyey

code:

, may be when you were teenager you used to have such problem who knows icon_razz.gif

Cheers

Nephissa   

^L0L. I used to break out like an undersexed teen boy, and being fair-skinned as well, it was a nightmare to cover. icon_razz.gif

My advice to gabadha: Clean that face up a little more. Try Cetaphil(sp?) also available over the counter at Walgreens.

Faheema.   

Have you considered any natural remedies to treat your Acne?

If not...you might wanna look into it.

The following Chinese herbal patent formulas can help treat acne.

Recommendations

squash, cucumbers, watermelon, winter melon, celery, carrots, cabbage, beet tops, dandelions, aloe vera, mulberry leaves and plenty of fresh fruits

Remedies: · Blend a cucumber, apply externally; leave on for twenty minutes then wash off.

· Apply plain, low fat organic yogurt; leave on for twenty minutes then wash off.

· Rub watermelon rind on the acne.

· Apply aloe vera.

· Eat watermelon or drink watermelon juice.

· Drink dandelion and beet top tea.

· Drink lukewarm water with two teaspoons of honey every morning on an empty stomach. This effectively lubricates the intestines. If one does not evacuate the intestines regularly, the toxins either end up in the liver or coming out on the skin.

Avoid

fried foods, fatty foods, spicy foods, oily foods, coffee, alcohol, sugar, smoking, stress, constipation, makeup, washing with chemicals or soap. Rather, wash with cool water. If the face is dirty, steam it with hot water to induce sweating; then wash with cold water.

References:

Dr. Maoshing Ni and Cathy McNease from the Tao of Nutrition

More Info

Hope that helps.

p.s. It will be a good idea to Detox yourself before you start the treatment.

Maf Kees   

If your face looks like the one in that image, than go to the doctor ASAP. Your doctor will make an appointment for you with the dermatologist after examining you him/herself. They always have a solution, even for extreme cases like yourself.

Teeda kale, don't feel like everybody is staring at your acne when you leave the door. That's your own mind messing with you.

Nehanda   

Walaal first change your name from Uglygeek for none of Allah’s creation should be deemed Ugly unless they are of evil character!

Albeit, have you considered counselling, meeting people with acute problems such as yours?

You need to believe in yourself and view yourself in a more positive light. Do not fret since the majority of people do not form decisions on one’s outer image and those few who do are shallow and unworthy of your attention.

I am not too certain but perhaps you should look into lazer treatments too, if you are as uncomfortable with your image. Remember walaal there is a beauty in all of us, hence do not despair if yours is not your face.

Castro   

Originally posted by Nubia:

Walaal first change your name from Uglygeek for none of Allah’s creation should be deemed Ugly unless they are of evil character!

Actually, some of Allah's creation is quite hideous to look at, including some humans. The wisdom behind that, I suspect, is to test our reaction to and treatment of such not-so-pretty individuals.

Many of us fail that test daily. Istaqfurulah.