Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Dubai from the sky

Naasir   

It is wonderful place to visit (which I had the opportunity)but wouldn't live in ther since there is no future for Blackman

Oooh yeee did I mention money talks over there and jack walks

hodman   

Maxaa horta dadka ku diray carabta oy ka sitaan? At least they live a good life out of waxa uu Allah siiyay and anybody who's been to the Emirates can appreciate the good use that they put their money to.

Ms DD   

I am always suprised how rare the muwaadin are. How come you never get to see them? Waxa i cajabiyey the way the kingdom look after their own. If oil is found in Somalia, should we give priority to Somalis first? I have heard that a muwaadin gets a house when he gets married....are these for real? Does it really happen? Also why do people say that in Arab countries, you dont have rights over muwaadin and that the rights of muwaadin is greater than foreigners?

I would love to live somewhere in Emirates, but i fear that i wont be treated justly over their people.

N.O.R.F   

Your a a Brit, you will be at the top of the stack!!!!!!!!!Then come the muwaadins then the Arab Africans then the Indians!

Yup they get their weddings paid for, free plot of land to build a home (its a lottery where you will end up though) and an interest free loan from your particular ministry/public works (they all work in the public sector). Thats what i've been told anyway. Funny thing is Somalis born/bred in Dubai are now Muwaadins whereas their Abu Dabi counterparts are not. Again something i've heard.

Life a breeze. You get respect for simply being Somali, then a brit on top that! Hindidauun iska ilaali, xaasidnimo iyo uqdad ayey hayaane!

Ms DD   

ANother thing that shocked me is that trees have rights too. My husband's uncle hit a tree and guess what? They threw him in jail and to release him cost 3000 Dirham.

I gathered that they respect Somalis but go head to head with a muwaadin, that is it for you.

Do Somalis marry muwaadins? I heard this romantic story (it could be a myth) that a prince fell in love a beautiful somali and they got married. Built houses for her family and they lived happily ever after...

N.O.R.F   

^^so thats why you are on your way!!!!!!!!!Gotcha!!!

Trees/wildelife are protected the world over. Same thing in UK (if its your fault and through insurance comp).

Ms DD   

I can tell you that if you damage a tree, the most you will pay is for the damages, you certainly wont get thrown to jail.

I am sorry, but i wouldnt marry Arab (or non-somali for that matter). Too diferent cultures for it to work smile.gif

Sophist   

Whilst I was staying in Hargeisa's famous Ambasador Hotel, there was a wedding there. I met the groom in the coffee place we chatted (he looked Somali; his mother was indian and father was dark skinnes Emirati) he invited me to the wedding. Nice chap works for the Itisaalaat. He was telling me he knew couple Muwaadins married to somali sisters. But when asked him whether he knew Emiratiya married to Somali his response was NOPE ANd I don't think there are said he before quickly realising what he said he added, may be but I have come accross yet.

When I was student, I was member of the Arabic Society of my Univ. Azza Qasimi (daughter of Sheikh Qasimi of Sharjah). She use to hang out with us and then she liked a friend of mine Sudenese guy after going out months; she told me that you know this is not going to go anywhere. I am dev feelings for him but I know i would be hurt. Anyhow, they concluded the courtship. The funny thing is, her father is the most religious of them all and still his ismalic fiath does not seem to cover this area!.

Sophist

A black man will marry a woman from any of the european (spanish, UK's, Holland, etc) royal families before they marry into any arab royals.

But then again those Arab Royal men sure do love their black women.

The former Saudi Ambassador to the US was the son of a prominent male member of the house of Saud and a nigerian mother, apperantly the nigerian woman was a concubine.

Originally posted by Sophist:

He was telling me he knew couple Muwaadins married to somali sisters.

In the event of a divorce they can kiss their precious kids goodbye cuz I know of one too many 'not without my daughter type' stories that happened with Somalis sisters where the muwatin arab husbands literally took the children away never to be seen by the mother again. That would never happen if a Somali bro was married to mawatin woman for sure.