Sign in to follow this  
BOB

The Diary Af A Non-Adventurous Nomad:

wow, u nomads r having fun and excitement. I dont

even see ciid.. i live in a congret jungle. when i see a stone, i go... wow nature.. look how pretty its.

dodging bullets, drunk drivers, traffic camera lights, corrupted police and tanted food... is my daily nitmare..!

NGONGE   

Good read.

Easy on the obsession with white this and white that though. The sense of adventure is a personal preference rather than being something colour specific.

Of course, I accept that you're employing your poetic licence there and have no other subtle agendas. Still, I can't help thinking the waxa la yedhi crew might be swayed by the unintentional message. smile.gif

YoniZ   

Some of the Nomads in Western Europe reached there in adventurous(or call it if you want daring mission)route from Eastern Europe.

I remmember once, walking nearly all night(9 hours) in March between two borders where the snow still lays thick on the surface.

What really makes me laugh is that, we had several overweight Xalimos among the group and bleive it or not they were more adventurous and daring than the skiny Faarixs who could not cope with the situation.

The group did crossed atleast 7-8 countries before each member reached his/her favourable destination. that is what I call a Nomad's adventure.

N.O.R.F   

Bobby, good to see you back akhi. Hope all is well in SA IA.

I really can’t remember the last time I did anything exciting or adventurous. I’m a bit of a boring young man. Well I did think of going to Tel Aviv last year for an interview. I wasn’t going to take the job but wanted to make a dash to Jerusalem and pray at Al Aqsa. I was advised against it.

Driving down the M1 at 130 mph was probably the last bit of adventure one had.

Ibtisam   

^^In that case today I must be 120yrs. You are not old, just oldish :D

Edit:

YouniZ:

Was coming to the UK worth the trouble?

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W to you all my dear brothers & sisters...sorry for my belated response...the weekned thing got in the way...loool

Originally posted by Urban:

:D:D

I don't think I've ever seen a black person bungee jumping before.

Looking back at my life..

LooL @ Urban...well i have and it was my first time too just as it was my first time to see a Black mamba...I saw it couple of times before at the zoo but seeing it unrestricted by any barriers was very special moment and i was overwhelmed and amazed at the same time by the sheer size of the undisputed heavy weight champion of the mother continent.

Do we look like white folks to you?

Your Royal Highness Athena, No you're not a white folk but tantalizing chocolate coloured yet sweet caramel flavoured beauty known to most and me as Somali. So Madam, how is your Kingdom? I've read on Baashi's Waxaa La Yiri weekly tabloid magazine that all the employees at your castle laid their tools down and walked out because you are way too demanding and now you want me to find cheap African labourers for you! Care to either own up or deny the rumour?

...by the way thank God you're intelligent enough to know never to fall for one of those adrenaline junkie boys thats why you are the only person I know who is less adventurous than I (in other words you're more coward than...ahem ahem, yeah...me) which is why you've got a great chance of seeing your grandkids grow old otherwise you wouldn't consider riding the metro as the ULTIMATE adventure now, would you? :D .

Nomads arent known for their cowardiness so a grown man such as yourself should always have an aura of fearlessness. When He roars, the jungle is silent and trembles with terror. The air in his cheeks should impart a thundering roar whilst thumping his chest. Puffing his chest out, he strides off in search of his mate. Oh well!

My most beloved sister Dh & Dh, the nomads started cowering the day their nomad princesses stopped being their nomad self...see women used to be impressed by the testosterone boys if you like just like my buddy here but the so-called 21st century fairies of nowadays prefer to know how much you got in the bank and how much is the limit of your credit card...

Experience taught me that no sane girl will ever fall for you for beating her brother up like you were an amateur panel beater and as a Somali I know bravery only leads to a hail of bullets and violent death...so I would rather be a calculating coward than a lionhearted statistic after all most girls would prefer to hear how desperate you're for their affection rather than how many street brawls you started, my point is, playing Cigal Shidaad pays trust me on that even if you are as old as a tortoise which is the reason why my wife of many moons considers me to be the best husband in the whole wide world and she even goes as far as calling me 'Sunshine' when in truth my complexion is darker than dark even after I bleached my skin multiple times and the best part of it all is when we play hide and seek she never manages to find me especially after I close my mouth with its set after set of goofy tooth like I was a Piranha and cover my shining and baldhead with my tired but trusted turban that I bought from Maldives in our honeymoon. :cool:

I once had a fascination with skydiving and would like to do that. But i have people like you surrounding me,who would not even accompany me on a hot air-balloon ride , so this adventurous gal will IA try skydiving one day.

PS. not trying seafood doesnt make me less adventurous right?

You bet I wont accompany you because I have no intention of taking up skydiving as a habit so sorry my dearest Buuxo.

Now, not trying seafood is indeed less Adventurous...I remember how my mother disliked cooking any seafood for us and in her absence couple of my sisters took up her habbit and now don't even touch anything from the sea or chicken be it an egg or meat PEROID.

The hardest part was the wait actually not knowing when you going to be dropped and your legs dangling outside means you feel like you’re about to fall of the thing...let’s just say my stomach couldn’t handle that

now that is a sight that would've definitely given me a sore ribs from laughter after seeing Puuja dangling from a balloon screaming her lungs out "Allah Hooyooy Allah Aaboow" :D

the most adventure I can handle is eating all kinds of exotic food that my folks call bahalo...as for heights I wareer even looking at a tall building samada iska soo tuur iskaba daaye

Reer Baadiye...hiyo ni tapia ya washamba...KKKkkkkk I'm trying to imagine you standing at the door of a plane getting ready to jump from 25000 feet. LooooL.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ibtisam   

Experience taught me that no sane girl will ever fall for you for beating her brother up like you were an amateur panel beater and as a Somali I know bravery only leads to a hail of bullets and violent death...so I would rather be a calculating coward than a lionhearted statistic after all most girls would prefer to hear how desperate you're for their affection rather than how many street brawls you started, my point is, playing Cigal Shidaad pays trust me on that even if you are as old as a tortoise which is the reason why my wife of many moons considers me to be the best husband in the whole wide world and she even goes as far as calling me 'Sunshine' when in truth my complexion is darker than dark even after I bleached my skin multiple times and the best part of it all is when we play hide and seek she never manages to find me especially after I close my mouth with its set after set of goofy tooth like I was a Piranha and cover my shining and baldhead with my tired but trusted turban that I bought from Maldives in our honeymoon

Classic, that had me laughing till I fell off my chair! HAHa lol :D

BOB   

Originally posted by Awlugeeye:

Bob, one of my boy did a bungee jump lately when he was vacationing in South Africa.I suspect it was Bloukrans bridge in Plettenberg Bay.I doubt I could do that in a million years.
:D

Stoic...Wacha? That bridge is more than 200 meters high and I believe it's the highest in the world and after seeing it you will probably have a change of heart as its sane just to think about jumping off such height all in the name of 'Adventure'.

BOB,

I usually tell my western counterparts that where I hail from, it is an achievement in itself JUST to be alive (life in Kibera and the whole Nairobbery is dangerous enuf man).

Viking...Niaje beste...long time no see. Yeah you're absolutely right Kibera is one of the poorest and the roughest ghettos in the whole world and I laugh when i used to listen to these pot-head Rappers going on about how hard their 'hood is when in truth it would've been Heaven on earth to any of us let alone those poverty stricken people in Kibera.

BTW, I saw a piece on the news about teenagers in SA "train-surfing". Now that's some dangerous shyte there! Is life in the townships getting mundane?

it is the latest entertainment for the school kids from Soweto and its crazy how popular it has become so quickly amongst the school going kids and now they even compete against each other as a school tournament where every kid would represent the colours of his school and believe it or not they are doing it not for the excitement or for glory or even fame but for GIRLS...just to impress girls! Damn...Girls and what they do to us man...and they think we have it easy.

(Ceel Caafimaad in Kista remmember, same buddy, locals claim that the spring has a healing properties just as the Kista folks thought about their Ceel caafimaad).

My brother Baashi

Kismayo is being raped brutally once AGAIN

Bleeding from the forceful entry & groaning with PAIN.

Hatred flourished for they planted it with hands that have blood STAIN.

Mourning mothers wonder who instigated this and what they’d GAIN.

While fathers fuel the fire that burn down the legacy of my city’s SLAIN.

The earth bears the burden of guilt instead of a long awaited GRAIN.

My heart is heavy with sorrow for I know not one to heal my deep-rooted PAIN.

I wipe away my tears of love for my deflowered beloved QUEEN.

The most beautiful & beloved of all cities you will always REMAIN.

Even if they burn you beyond recognition and bury you beneath a rubble of a MOUNTAIN.

I thought i should get that out of my chest as soon as possible before it choked me.

All you guys have lived in more than one country. That's more than I've ever done!

Mc Xamar that's the whole point of being a universal nomad...I thought you knew that by now especially after being around the Somalis as long as you have ;) .

Another recent experience although not as daring as paragliding was horse riding in Iceland, beautiful scenery and at times difficult terrains

as you saying Iceland is as beautiful as my Kismayo? :mad:

dodging bullets, drunk drivers, traffic camera lights, corrupted police and tanted food... is my daily nitmare..!

Rudy sorry homeboy but if it is your nightmare it has become our daily dose of reality where we never know when its going to be our turn to catch the express train to Akhira.

Easy on the obsession with white this and white that though.

Ngonge, I sound like Farrakhan wannabe heh? saying White-man this...White-woman that zillion times perminute. :D

that is what I call a Nomad's adventure.

Yoniz the world would call it "Survival" while we rightly call it an Adventure!

Bobby, good to see you back akhi. Hope all is well in SA IA.

My brother North, all is well Alxamdulillaah Thanks for asking...pass my Salam to the family Insha Allah.

Driving down the M1 at 130 mph was probably the last bit of adventure one had.

I bet you thought you were Schumi on his final lap to win the Championship... smile.gif

BOb, Wonderful read, Thanks for sharing,

Where is your adventure story...about when you went to Greece to discover your birth name was Xanthus instead of Xaliimo? :cool:

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Baashi   

Kismayo is being raped brutally once AGAIN

Bleeding from the forceful entry & groaning with PAIN.

Hatred flourished for they planted it with hands that have blood STAIN.

Mourning mothers wonder who instigated this and what they’d GAIN.

While fathers fuel the fire that burn down the legacy of my city’s SLAIN.

The earth bears the burden of guilt instead of a long awaited GRAIN.

My heart is heavy with sorrow for I know not one to heal my deep-rooted PAIN.

I wipe away my tears of love for my deflowered beloved QUEEN.

The most beautiful & beloved of all cities you will always REMAIN.

Even if they burn you beyond recognition and bury you beneath a rubble of a MOUNTAIN.

That's it! Right there buddy right there. Right on.

Awoowe "iska aamu waa kula qabaa uur ka taalada e!" as poet Ali Hussein once put it baan ku leeyahay.

YoniZ   

Xanthus:

Was coming to the UK worth the trouble? [/QB]

I will say absolutely, every step or penny spent in that advendure worth it.

UK never disappoint the ambitious Nomads with pre-calculated plans. does it? :D

Ariadne   

The most adventurous thing I have done would have to be hitchhiking every year with a good friend of mine since we were both 18.

We met five years ago and decided that we both wanted to see Canada and did not want to waste too much money on travel. So we came up with a plan that in the summer when we were both finished school and had a bit of money saved we would both go to the 401 and toss a coin for east or west. Heads for east and tails for west, and whichever way the coin landd that's where we were going as far east and west as we could go.

This is how I got to see all of Canada from Leslieville, Newfoundland to Salt Spring Island British Columbia