Sign in to follow this  
SkyWalker

Admin: I AM NOT NOMAD

Admin: for all do respect, I would like to ask to take the “nomad” of my name, I don’t consider my self as a nomad never was and not has my family every been,(as far as i know)

nomad noun [C]

a member of a group of people who move from one place to another rather than living in one place all of the time:

this definition is from Cambridge dictionary, and I don’t think “all” Somalis are nomad either,

how can we call a whole country’s population “nomads”.?

So for this reason is why I am asking if it’s possible if you can remove me as “nomad”. Their maybe other reasons why we call each other as a nomad which I don’t know what its, you can enlighten me with that,and if that is not the case than hopefully my wish will be granted!

any other point ppl,

Ariadne   

Tagane, you may not be a nomad or your family for that matter. But what about your ancestors? up until the early 1960s a good number of all Somalis were nomads or semi-nomadic. If you go back to even before that, lets say the early 1900s maybe only 5 % of the general population was living in a city or village. The way I think of it all humans were nomads at one time or another. It's just that some have left that lifestyle while others have clinged tightly to it.

money, none take it, but what difference would it make it to you if i call you a lady, white, homo (none disrespect) or something you are not. the point is you are what are, not what other ppl what you to be. do you move around or not, if not than why choose the title.

Haaruun   

Tagane, I know u r not 4real, cuz if u were, I would of send u some1 to smach ur behind...but anyways, I blv that ur great grandfather was a "reer baadiye" ..that's if u are a true Somali.

ppl, iam not talking here about my ancestors or 1900s, iam talking here my self “me” today iam talking about you, if it was my ancestors so was Gorge Bush’s ancestors, so was King Hussein’s in Jordan, guess what than why don’t we just call the whole continent of Africa nomad, middle east, or even Asia,

you maybe right s.o.s, but what makes you thing we steal have this lifestyle, or even better what is the percent of the population that are nomad

the point here is not me being true somali or not!!

Ariadne   

I never said you were true Somali or not. I said we have a history of being nomads. I never said all Somalis still have this lifestyle, but if you go to Somalia you are bound to find nomads there (those are the ones who clinged tightly to it)others have left the lifestyle . Yes, I understand you aren't a nomad. But why are you making such a big deal out of a title on this website would you rather be called some dude? or better yet alien? immigrant? refugee? qaxooti? skinny? or the oh so great word mali? or even niggas and nigeettes? take your pick (I'll be waiting) ;)

If you don't want to be called nomad thats your choice, but its how the website was made to title everyone here. So take it or leave it.

Senora   

S.O.S is right here

The way I think of it all humans were nomads at one time or another.

Most of our ancestors at one point in time were nomands, however Tagane( i hope i didnt mispell that :( ) is also makes a point in that you have the right to choose your own identity.

the question is, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to complain to the administrators? And if you do, do you want to go back to being an alien..........and speaking of alien, how come you didnt have a problem with that claim? Unless you feel that you relate more to that word, why didn't you bring this up as well, cause i would have questioned that as well.....

No need to explain..Taagane Get a day job,

Stop focusing on the little icon below your name.

The way this site is set up is, for every one

to feel home, and The Initail Nomad represent

You've been loyal to the site.

Admin.Place the intial "NACAS" on his name

s.o.s, iam not making this out of big deal, its was a Q to the admin, a suggestion that I had, they could easily say, “no tagane we aint doing none about that, keep the title or leave” and that would be it. Case closed.

to answer yo Q, for the alien part, we all are or were aliens on this website,(that’s why you became “nomad” after couple of post) no question about that, I’ll ignore all the other names you mentioned s.o.s sxb,(I rather be nomad then those names)

the title you have must fit what you do, or who you are. Would you take the title of a farmer if your not,

Ariadne   

farmer....sure I would farmers are the grains of the earth and besides that they're cool . I mean if it wasn't for farmers how else would we get fruits ad vegetbales and pixie sticks :D

oh and another thing maybe this should have been pmed to the admin since it was for them

Macalin   

Lol@instinct POET!..waraa when did u change ur freaggin NAME!

Anyways,Tagane Saxxib See kaa noqote?..am not nomad kulaha!..maxaa tahay if yu not a nomad?..so now you are telling me theres no one in ur family from baadiye?..even one?.

Calaa kuti xaal like my buddy POET said..he needs the word 'NACAS' in his icon..i suggest one more..'DHOOROS'..admin: kan wax usheeg!

WARAA ISKU XISHOO NIN WEYN AA TAHAY..ANAKA LEE KU MAQALNAY DADKA KALE LEE HAA USHEEGIN!...

s.o.s thx but I thing most of us know what farmers do, or are, however you jumped to say “yaah sure, I’ll take the title of farmer even though I am not one” than if that is what you mean than we have a problem about the word of “Title” what it means.

I thing Mr. poet referring to me as a “nacas” for what reason, he only knows.

Mosses, some of my ancestors are from baadey, is that make me nomad automatically

NoVa   

People are making Big Fuzz of a LIl Icon???? what is the WOrld Coming 2....man get some ball's and grow up instead of talking like a lil kid..

ppl, iam not talking here about my ancestors or 1900s, iam talking here my self “me” today

WHo cares about u...The Admins dont' care what U want cuz this is their website. They call the shots and u follow the rules and regulations as it is and if u don't like it..well try getting use to it.

Peace

P.S don't take this 2 heart..just saying it like it is.... :D

A7LA-SHU   

aye just go easy on the guy.. so big deal if he doesn't like that nomad thing.. and tagane i hope the admin change it for ya dude..