Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Peace

Somali-African marriages

Ibtisam   

Loool Dan these EDITS. No I missed that. I'm "down" with passing through, sii soc, soo soco. Caagah haa naa taalen :D

CHE; I erm er believe you. :D

Loool @ special case, KK you know with your winks, qax qix iyo Loool. Laabo diirbaaxo ayad uu qaariseye :D

Now that is killing one stone with two aham* need a better word*

Mr-Peace   

Originally posted by *Blessed:

Why did you quote that Ayah? It doesn't support your racist position. It talks about all Muslim men and women regardless of race.

My initial point is that as a community, we ignore the many children that our men father and abandon who end up growing up without Islam and Somali culture. They are Somali only through lineage. And, yet people like you make a song and dance about sisters who are married to and are raising Muslims.

Secondly, wasn't it the role of mother to teach and educate the children? Obviously, the kids of a Somali woman will pick up on her culture, language.

quote:

As for religion and culture, religion is part of culture. All cultures share a system of believes together, custums, etc which makes them unique. Religion is that system of believe.

Indeed. So considering that Islam is a way of life, a convert brother shares more with you in terms of believe, customs and ideals. Whereas, the only link you have with a Somali that was raised in a different believe system is his lineage. It's what the pagan Quraish were to the Ansar at the Prophets (saw) time. There's even an ayah in the Quraan about it. Dig it up!
You are confusing yourself, I'm not saying to be racist nor am i racist, but we are as muslims encouraged to preserve your culture. My point still remains true that the offspring of an ajnabi and a somali woman will be ajnabi. A mother's culture will influence the offspring, but they will still be whatever there father is. Is that not correct?

Now we're talking about people who live together, not some fathers who abandoned their children. That's irrelevant.

You're culture and your ethnicity is determined by who your father is islamically no matter what, even some dark african looking saudi's in the house of saud are still considered saudi because there fathers are.

Otherwise things get confusing and there would be no such thing as culture or ethnicity. Islam encourages that we recognize each others tribes and races. Why would allah make us of different tribes and nation if not to preserve our nations and tribes? It's a not a matter of one group being superior to other, but making sure there is diversity and unique people.

"O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allâh is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa. Verily, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Aware"

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Loool Dan these EDITS. No I missed that. I'm "down" with passing through, sii soc, soo soco. Caagah haa naa taalen
:D

CHE; I erm er believe you.

Loool @ special case, KK you know with your winks, qax qix iyo Loool. Laabo diirbaaxo ayad uu qaariseye

Now that is killing one stone with two aham* need a better word*

Since I am older and Che's ayeeyo, how about you do the walk through, and I do the sit through (jilbo xanuun baan qabaa dee)... :D

Isku dirkana dhaaf, he is indeed a special case...Not many like him are out there...You can say he is 'one of a kind'... :D:D

Ibtisam   

^^^^Loool @ Jilbah aya inn xanuuna. Che is only few yrs older than me, I insist he does it for us, being the guy, and we will do the sit in, after this thread is about roles :D

Mr. PEace:

Now you are theorising about "what God" may have intended or not. It can equally be argued that maybe we were created differently so we can inter mingle, mix and diversify further, creating unique mixing. Like a Somali &South American, African Orientals (Xaax)and so forth.

Maybe you did not read how the Aya finishes

Verily, the most honourable of you with Allâh is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa. Verily, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Aware"

It does not say the most unique or pure in culture. You really do not have a religious leg or even a moral one to stand on.

Now if you said this is what I believe and what I am going to do, go ahead, but I promise you will NOT get anywhere trying to force it down people throats, including your own family/ females.

It is a shame that you've decided to abuse the deen in this way to suit your opinion.

Ashkiro   

^Ninkaani wa show walaalee no amount of wisdom you share will seek in, Blessed reply should have ended his little tirade. And oh I very much understand what u mean by the "Somali Intellectuals", bari hore mid qatar iska dhigayo because he had some degree ba rabee in u ii shukaansado, kulaha "accent ma lihii sida cadaanka o kale" walahi his accent was terrible, and the jess jess sidu iska siinayo, made me want to gag. Inalilahi Alle daadkisa badana. Next time you go to one of those meeting walla runta u sheeg.

Mr-Peace   

Ashkiro

What was it I said do you disagree with? I believe i have articulated my thoughts clearly and most people besides the so called somali intellectuals/librals will agree with me. Do you not agree that a you're ethnicity/culture is dependent on you're father?

Also, I have a bachelors degree and I have no accent and I speak like a civilized human being. ;)

Malika   

Ashkiro

Lol@accent ma lihii sida cadaanka o kale..LOL

That reminded me of a once upon a time, one of these new Intellectual spicies was trying soo hard to impress, he turned up with his laptop on a date,kulaha I got an editorial to finish..Loooooooool.Maskiin.

Ibtisam   

^^^What did you tell him, dee go home, or knock your drink over his laptop :D Macsonkor. Sweet.

Ashkiro, biskina I hope you gave me a good smack *bac* and then *bac* Knock that accent out.

^^^^LOOOOL :D:D This tread is turning into hilarious tirade and even funnier on the side comments

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verily, the most honourable of you with Allâh is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa. Verily, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Aware"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does not say the most unique or pure in culture. You really do not have a religious leg or even a moral one to stand on.

My sentiments exactly!!!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

^^^What did you tell him, dee go home, or knock your drink over his laptop
Macsonkor. Sweet.

or she married the guy? :D

Ibtisam   

^^^No BG, please don't take your laptop to a date. I promise you she will not marry you or come out of her house for you ever EVEr again. That is like if a girl bring 4friends to a date icon_razz.gif:D

Aaliyyah   

^^lol@ I got editorial to finish.....OH MY GOD that was hilarious... smile.gif

Religion transcends color and we are all judged by our taqwa as stated by the ayah Ibti posted. Well put sis.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Mr-Peace:

Also, I have a bachelors degree and I have no accent and I speak like a civilized human being.
;)

There's bachelors degree from Yale and THEN there's bachelors degree from DeVry! icon_razz.gif

Ashkira & Malika, walee wacdaro waad soo aragteen...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I wouldn't mind and would be HAPPY for any sister (Xalimo) marrying other races as long as she is happy with what she is doing and the guy is definetly MUSLIM. Any sister marrying a kaffir or gaal then I really do feel sorry for her. Illaah ha soo hanuuniyo labadoodaba.