Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Are you proud to be Somali?

Som@li   

Proud to be Somali.

Losts ethnic somalis are confused, and hate having somali connections,shame on you!! :mad: We dont need you.

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

I'm proud to be a SOMALILANDER

JC, what does that mean? can you explain to us?

Paragon   

^^You are being very dismissive brother. Are you more Somali than them to say that Somalis and Somalia doesn't need them? Are you sure that is what you are saying? I know some people who would be furious when they read your 'we don't need you'. 'We' who horta? :D

Som@li   

I hate those who put down our country and people, and feel ashamed to be assossicated with Somalis, so I am not bein dismissive, those rats have nothing to offer us. :mad:

Some even refuse to speak the Somali language? that is how much they hate us ;):D

Shakti   

hahaha@peacenow... so so so proud that i could touch the sky n reach 4 the stars *holding the BLUE flag of Somalia, ever so proudly *

I like being Somali if that's what you mean.

I don't know where I would be without my dirac , guntiilo and my koob of shaah. Somali rasmi ayaan ahay :D:D

^^^ You wear Guntiino - xaax iga dheh icon_razz.gif

back to the topic :-

Am I proud? let alone being a proud Somali, I'm Proud African, Muslim, Australian, Human, Ina Yusuf, and proud to be Me...What else did I forget oh, Proud Soler as well icon_razz.gif

Whatever identity you assume, biological identities are not the ones you are able deny or accept willingly, but identities you assumed because of choice are the ones you can be proud of - other than that - waad ku qasban tahay dee!

Cheers

Jacpher   

I kind of like the idea of proud Somali but I don't know if one should feel proud of what Somalia brought to the world.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

quote: Why shouldn't I be?

WHat is there to be proud of?? Answer me that and I will show countless reasons why we should hide our face in shame of what we are, what we've become and this never ending cycle.

I think that we shouldn't judge Somalis on this difficult time only, but if you want to know more you should look back and learn the history and culture while also looking at all the positive things which many might not here about ourselves both back home and abroad.

Yes there are many negative things and sad stories but hey everything was not supposed to be smooth and perfect.

Talk to the older generation or even those who might be a decade or two decades older than you, read and watch history if available. things like the lifestyle of Somalis before and after the colonials, during civilian and military governments and even during the civil war.

Don't just feel miserable and sit somewhere and regret and REMEMBER THAT WE SHOULD ALL BE PART OF THE SOLUTION INSHA ALLAAH AND NOT WAIT QAARUUMO KALE INAY WAX NOO QABTAAN.

Ibtisam   

^^^I find it rather sad that in order to be proud, I must reach back into history to an ancient civilization and text books, if anything it is a painful reminder of our lack of progression and highlights the backwardness of the subsequent generations.

You are also mixing up things here, resilience, spirits and the ability to endure difficult times and pull through intact are qualities/ characteristics I can associate with Somali people. This has allowed them to go through civilian and military governments and civil wars. But these are survival/desperate measures, not something to linger onto.

I am not judging Somalis on This difficulties only, they have been having difficult times long before I was born. Denying that we are in trouble and have been for a long time is not going to help us get better. I should not have to live in a library or stick my head in the sand to believe that Somalis as people and as a country/ countries are something to be proud of. Action/ facts speak louder than words (especially empty reiterations)

dabshid

I hate those who
put down our country and people,
and feel ashamed to be associated with Somalis, so I am not being dismissive, those rats have nothing to offer us.

Some even refuse to speak the Somali language? that is how much they hate us

My dear words cannot put a country down, (same way a bunch of people stating that they proud of Somalia does not help Somalia) Somalia is beyond that, it was dragged down by actions and only drastic actions and measures can build it. Being simply proud just makes YOU feel better without doing anything, SO tell me what makes you better than those who are in denial about their identity (or rats as you call them), both are avoiding the problem and not looking for solutions. :cool:

i really dont see what we somalis (including myself) have to be proud of i mean i agreee with ibti there,i simply cant think of anything which well stir emotions in me due to the fact am somali, shame is what comes in mind actually.

Som@li   

Girls, hold your heard up, we are in temporary state, and you should not be ashamed of your identity, and your country.

Ibti, I am doing something for my country, and I love my country so much, I know it is in bad shape, BUT nobody will FIX, except Somalis.

Tonight, I am taking part in organising somali function for the somalis in UAE,and this will help, for example the kids who grow up here be proud, and learn more about their beautiful country, and culture,

please visit SYC for more details

, tickets 30 AED.

Ibtisam   

^^^Johnny Whats with word games? I'm disappointed to be Somali? No i just would like them to get better and stop living in the past and show some sign of improvement.

Dabshid: Good, but why teach them about the past? that is gone, teach them to live in the future and make/ shape their future.

Som@li   

Ibti, it is not only about the past,but present and future, there so much negative image abt Somalia, and needs to be addressed.

Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan ... "A nation without a past is a nation without a present or future,"

^May Allah bless his soul,great leader who shaped the present UAE.