Sign in to follow this  
silent-sistah

MY APPOLOGIES---NOW LETS TALK BUSINESS(child abuse issue)

Ladiif   

Great Ideas indeed but it needs lots of time, energy dedications and many other things. It is not an easy thing and we really need to think through it, brainstorm, put our ideas together and come up with few things that we can say are basics and needed the most in our communities, then come up with next few things. In otherwords, lets put our ideas in categories(A,B,C...Z) depending on our societies' needs and our chances of succeeding with the help of Allah. "Canjeero sey u kala sareeso aa loo kala cunaa ma maqasheen?" It seems many of us are inclined towards "child Abuse" or "discipline" idea even though I prefer to called it the latter one just beacause connotation of the word "Abuse". This is a very wide and complicated issue among somalis and to change it, we have to alter the somali culture to an extent and it needs long time to do that. To start our program with such a huge and controversial issue, might create more problems and misunderstandings which is the last thing we want to happen so, lets start with less complicated issues and face those harder ones later on 1by1.

These are the some of the most needed things in my opinion. Every1 can add some to the list, that is we you guys agree with me, if not majority rules!!

a. High school Drop-outs

b. Mentoring and Tutoring Services(for high, middle school and Adults too)

c. Drug/Substances Abuses

d. Aids and STD's

e. Teens Pregnancy and Abortions

f. Safety

g. FGM

h. Qabiil

z. Children Disciplice/EDAAB

**Hold conferences every once in while to educate the community as a whole on various issues such as "Living in the Ghettoes and Its consequenes"-just an example!

After we agree on what to do, then w'll be able to proceed to "How" to do part.

Silent Sister, I really appreciate your hard work and dedication. It is evident that you are really determined to make this work, and I wish you all the luck in the world. Sister don't let anyone stand in your way, I have read on several of your replies that you consider yourself to be not brave. In contrary to that, you are in fact one of the most courageous people around. The subject that you have brought to light is very taboo in our community. Ofcourse fellow Nomads will always react fiercely, but please don't let that put you off.

Sister, I am willing to help out with whatever neccessary, and if you need anything please do not hesitate to ask for a helping hand smile.gif .

it would've been great if we could do things like that for our people especially for our teens and pre-teens as they are growing in a world full of negative things or are sorrounded by negative people who they see as a role models.

i can offer you much help but i would proudly dedicate my whole life to this cause, what i wouldn't do to see my people in a better situation

and my somali youngesters in a safe enviroment?

Silent-Sister, what a wonderful idea and very very important issue that you brought to our attention, i am with you all the way on this my sister.

we need patriotic individuals like yourself and everyonelse who agreed with you.

Manaal   

Silent sister,

Maashalah sis that is great idea and I would support u what ever I can.

Lucky, that is great Idea and sheikh in my city just build a center muslim kids for the summer and it's success up to day.

LuCkY   

Latiif thats not a bad idea.

Thanks ManaaL...its great to know that everything is working out.HopefuLLy we can get something Like that in the process-soon.

sorry guys ,,,ive had a few troubles with ma pc...

im back, and as u can see sorry is my fav word...

i have to say sorry again...as i have to rush off...

ill be back soon.

InshaAllah....w/salaam

(ill ansa u guys then)

Senora   

These are all great ideas...and i support it 100%......working with troubled youths or victims of child abuse is a serious issue....and i belive Lucky's idea would be very beneficial as well( working with the source of the problem)....I always belived that education could be the solutions for many problems...especially with a cause like this one

creating a community center isnt an easy thing...and it hurts to see motivation like this eventually die out...so i ask that the poster try hard to stick with it...and if there is anything you need from me, i'd be honored to help....

so far we've come up with pretty good ideas, and organizing it into a table( as lefty did)would come in handy....you might want to also create a list of people who are willing to be a part of this cause......break them up into groups and assign them with different roles.....this should get this cause moving right along....

for example:

the brainstorming group( they would be expected to come up with an idea for this issue)--we've come up with a few already

the fundraising group(they would be responsible for recieving the funds necessary)

and so forth, if you need any more ideas, just PM me.

again this is a wonderful idea that shouldnt be "swept under the rug"