Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Horror of Mutilated Boys

Senora   

Their words appeared to imply that the pain of these mutilated boys was minimal and negligible when compared to the pain of FGM

The post(s) implying such were largely erroneous, and the poster(s), and yourself haven’t underlined the bottom line: millions of young girls are subjected to these sorts of mutilations every year, and while the acts are of course “horrifying†for these young boys, this is something millions of girls go through every year. So yes, Jacaylbaro, we “can believe itâ€, our mothers “can believe itâ€, our grandmothers, sisters, aunts and cousins “can believe itâ€.

p.s. some of you men just don’t get it, you act as if reading it on a few threads, and hearing it every so often, means that sometimes, it should just be put to rest.

NGONGE   

^^^ Erm, not interested in a male-female fight. If you have anything to add about FGM then I’m looking forward to reading what you have to write. However, if you want to bash men and expect me to bash women back, sorry can’t be done. I’m booked for the next three months (Scheherazade and x-quizt (plus sidekick) are more than enough to keep me occupied for a very, very long time to come). :cool:

Sarcasm and joking apart, this is a very good topic (FGM) and it would be a real shame if this opportunity were wasted with quarrels and pointless fights.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

I have created a monster.
:D

LOZ,

What I'm curious about is this business of moon-walking through posts. Evil. What drives a man to this?

You mean what drives a person ( not a Man) to this? :D

^^^ The Art of Selective Reading which I am sure many of Solers have mastered. icon_razz.gif

Lets Just Say all forms of Genital Mutilation is horrible: Whether:

Male

Female

Animal (Horrible, Horrible cases)

NO more comparing...open a diff thread..and lets get back to the original one.

Salaam

Bess.   

what happened in the past is over....why don't we concentrate and find ways to eradicate this barbaric rituals....regardless of what gender they r happening to....fgm...i have always blamed the women for it...as they r the ones who perform this ritual...why do we do this things to each other in the name of man....the point is we do it to each other...our mothers, grandmothers and aunts are the ones who r concerned with it....i neva heard my father mentioning it when we were little ...but my mother would always tell if we were bad we would be taken to africa...for u know wat....so why don't we stop this "tradition" as women and promise not to subjugate our own daughters to it.....and not blame the "y" chromosomes .....

ps.....i think the other female sol writers were just trying to make u "y"'s understand the plight and sympathise...... ;)

Qac Qaac   

Talk about jahiliya stuff..

this place is becoming very predictable.. gender war..

boys lagooyay damn, ilaahey ha ufududeeyo dhibaatadooda. for the fgm of the women well that is jaahiliya stuff, and it should be stopped..

p.s. this social science students argue about everything... i guess that's what they study...

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:

Lets Just Say all forms of Genital Mutilation is horrible: Whether:

Male

Female

Animal (Horrible, Horrible cases)

NO more comparing...open a diff thread..and lets get back to the original one.

Salaam

I agree with Femme Fatale . . It is horrible however it comes.

But only one question: Is is same this Boys matulation and the FGM ??

We know both are horrible but are they same ?? If not which one is worst ??

Answer and let's go back to sleep . . .

^couldn't have said it better myself, lady. Thanks for saving me typing those 2 words a whole year in advance.

Note to self: U're a nutter, there's preparation and there's preparation. :eek:

bumped for the info and links

Muhammad   

too many triller fans indeed.

malaha qabuuraha sol waa in sibidh laga dhigaa.

any subject thats beaten to death shall rest in peace, dadka raba inay siyaartaana dee dhabada ha la tuso.

I bumped this up for the reasons I stated. It seems we still need to inform people about FGM. If either of u are following Nur's post in Women u'd get it. I did not want to start a whole new topic and go looking for links with info.