Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

It's getting really EXPENSIVE to kill somebody

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

People, it is not that I'm not able to pay this money. It is just that I don't understand why we have to bear the burden of someone's illogical action. The man killed another human being for no apparent reason.He is callous with life. And I do help and contribute when I'm asked of something whether it's money for burial, for the sick or for someone who is down on their luck. Whose to say this person won't kill again considering how trigger happy he is.

Its not about bearing in his action. The family of the deceased asked for the Diya, therefore you pay.

Emperor   

Diya is part of the Somali culture and in accordance with the Islamic Sharia Law...

Nothing trivial about it, if you have contribute or otherwise don't pay, you are not the judge wether you see it immoral or not is irrelevant, your opinion matters less as the issue carries more wieght and importance...

War f!ck the Tol, don't pay a penny (really p!ssed with some of the people, here)! The weak so and so who're saying pay it 'cause it is important that you are part of the Tol and where are you going to turn in the future when you end up in the same sh!t. Answer is simple, and it is Allah. The Lord should be your Tol. If your Tol turns bad, are you gonna turn bad too? Just to appease them? Your Tol should see right, if not, momentarily, suspend your membership till they see right. Simple.

If you don't pay, and this fella pays the prize with his life, a lot people are gonna be saved in this way, but if you give in, you would be partially to blame in the perpetuation of this kind of act.

Allah hafiz.

NGONGE   

^^ Rubbish. The whole thing does not start or end with Che. If he refuses to pay then someone else will pay in his place.

Sometimes, you've just got to be grown up about these things and cough up. Later, when the issue is dealt with and people have a clear mind to listen to whatever you have to say, start preaching and demanding a suitable punshmint for this person that you don't think deserves helping out.

There is a time and place for everything and this really is not the time for taking the high ground (well, not unless you're hiding from those seeking revange). :D

Emperor   

Abdilllah, Unlike the way Che formulates his argument, this is not about Tol or paying a price later, its about the lame reasons of not paying offered, you are not the judge, the incident have happend and Odayasha of both sides have come to conclusion and made a decision, now coming across with this naive excuse of should I pay for my Tol and dismiss their solution to the saga is a 5* self rightousness, arrogance of diffirent level.

Whether you must pay money for the purpose of your Tol or not is compeletely upto you, after all its your tol, no one cares. However, to percieve the wise decision of Odayaasha for solving this problem and ending this tragic death by paying Diya WRONG, is DEAD WRONG.

You have the right to have your own opinions but you have no right to impose your opnion on others, there are many of us that see things differently.

^ are we still talking about $2,000? The man who called your adeero didn't ask for $20,000 did he???

My advise to you is to pay it all by sending the money back home to the rest of your tolka with children. They need the money, not a cold blooded murderer.

This way everyone else is happy except the man who called to collect the money, the killer and his family.

Trust me, this will work because it will send them a clear message.

PS:murderer's dont have any place in society, he ought to be killed by the family of the victim. Eye for an eye sweetie.

Aaliyyah   

This is exactly why things are going worse in Somalia. Criminals get out on bail, why shouldn’t they face the consequence of their own actions? Otherwise everyone will just take other people’s lives knowing their family will later pay compensation.

Don’t pay a cent to save someone who doesn't deserve it...as Layzie mentioned above use your money in more worthwhile projects!

It doesn't matter that this man killed someone in cold blood, he's your tol and must be defended rightly or wrongly.

Sad, bt thats the mentality most somalis have, to defend their ppl regardless of whether they are wrong or right. And, that's the very reason we have civil war today..

Okay, so we've not been told about how exactly the incident/thing has happened. So what? The point here is, the solution that capital punishment brings to the society at large. It is no non-sense approach and deters most of the people in commiting murder, intentionally or otherwise thus upholding the law and order.

As of the elders have talked and reached a decision muran, I think it is a lame cantarabaqash. This is only helpful when the incident was accidental(not always) - and if the family of course accepts it to be the case - otherwise, the Tol solution is no use. Usually, if the murder was not accidental, and is solved through the Tol and Diya is paid, it has a habit of coming back (you know, sometime in the future a fella from the same clan [the clan that made the pardon] takes another life and the clan he is from asks for a pardon as they pardoned a fella before, and usually there is a refusal depending on the circumstances surrounding the killing etc) thus creating a continous killing spree.

So, to avoid all that cr@p, this tried and tested very simple formulae always works: A LIFE FOR A LIFE! PERIOD.

If that is taking a high moral ground or whatever, then LAKUM DIINIKUM WALIYA DIIN, innit?

Taqwa   

If you kill someone then there are 3 options in Islam.

1. Get killed!

2. Pay a ransom that the family accepts.!

3. Be forgiven by the family! (Loved most by Allah)

If the family of the deceased chooses a monetary value as compensation for the wrong that one of your kin has done then they must be paid. This is according to Islam not ODAYAL!!! Now if the aggressor is unable to pay the amount then his next of kin is asked to help out. Now "Che" if you can help pay, then PAY UP. If you can't then SHUT UP! Your morals are not needed in Islamic Shariah. The laws are already preordained by Allah.

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

A guy called my adeer the other day from the old country saying our family need to fork over atleast 2000 dollars for "save a jack*rse life fund". The man goes to say that we need to contact every member of the Tolka as if ever we keep list of these people and whereabouts. Naturally, adeer politely obliged and said he will see what we can do. I get call saying qaaraan la rabaa to which I answered for what.Supposedly some jack**** decided to recklessly blast a guy over simple argument. I paused for second and politely told my uncle, it wouldn't just cheaper to kill this murderer that way only he has to face the consequences of his irresponsible actions. I believe in saving lifes but I rather give my money to starving child than khat crazed id*ot. I know every life is precious but I see no point in saving this man's life!

Good choice mate ........... don't pay a penny, let him go to Aakhiro if he sent someone there. Ha ka daba tago isaguna.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

^ are we still talking about $2,000? The man who called your adeero didn't ask for $20,000 did he???

My advise to you is to pay it all by sending the money back home to the rest of your tolka with children. They need the money, not a cold blooded murderer.

This way everyone else is happy except the man who called to collect the money, the killer and his family.

Trust me, this will work because it will send them a clear message.

PS:murderer's dont have any place in society, he ought to be killed by the family of the victim. Eye for an eye sweetie.

what if the family of the victim doesn't want dem killed, ie they forgive them or opt for compensation?

If the money isn't payed, some innocent bloke could get stuck up(killed) for simply belonging to the clan of the killer. In any case. am sure the clan will easily cop of the 2000 dollars, even che doesn't pay his bit ;) .