Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Sina a.k.a Avicenna

Must-have skills for 21st century Girl.

Originally posted by -Lily-:

FB then your claim is null and void I see this is an attempt to outrage a few of the female SOL population so you can get a slight kick out of it, but you will not succeed. In fact, if you want to use that rhetoric, Farax's should pay Xalimos for all the unpaid work they do at home. I mean, that alone could make women a fortune.

I am not claiming anything, I have solid facts. Teeda kale, are you guys being defensive for the heck of it mise anaa waalan?

What 16year old Somali girl lives by herself? If you know of any country where 16,17 & 18year olds are living independently,tell me. Yaan lais xasdinee aan musaafiriye my dozen or so relatives. smile.gif

Puuja,Buuxo & Xanthus, Relax your guntinos girls smile.gif

Originally posted by Caravaggio:

quote:Originally posted by Puujaa:

^lol you mean they don’t

No, they do. I mean it is male version of PMS.
Are you calling me a Pmsing Faarax? :D

Pujah   

Originally posted by Caravaggio:

quote:Originally posted by Puujaa:

^lol you mean they don’t

No, they do. I mean it is male version of PMS.
Ma'anaan garan. Thanks for the heads up ;)

FB, 16 and 17 years old I know work to help the family and do their own back to school shopping. Maybe it's time you put your underage relatives to work :D

Originally posted by Puujaa:

FB, 16 and 17 years old I know work to help the family and do their back to school shopping. Maybe it's time you put your underage relatives to work
:D

Got it. $4.50/hr & Taco Hell during the summer @ some ghetto in the diaspora sowmahan? That is not representative of 16-17year old Somalis.. smile.gif

Pujah   

^war heedhe get with the program the new minimum wage is $7.75 and most Somalis moved out of the gheto's sometime ago :D

Ariadne   

Age16-25

[qb] 1. Manage your money

ah I am not soo good at this. I am unteaching myself that I am not a drunken sailor... thus I d'n have to spend money like one.

2. Perform CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation)

check

3. Speak confidently in public

check

5. Produce a first-rate CV

check

6. Keep down your carbon footprint

super check

7. Hold down a job

um no checking here. I am an employemnet drifter

8. Assemble flat-pack furniture

ugh! I bribe my friends with food to come help me

9. Cook a roast dinner

I know how, but it's not something I enjoy

10. Plan a holiday with friends

I like to travel by myself thank you very much

Originally posted by Puujaa:

^war heedhe get with the program the new minimum wage is $7.75 and most Somalis moved out of the gheto's sometime ago
:D

LOL,i See. So in conclusion,No 16yr old dhoocils live alone,those who have jobs,earn minimum wage & therefore except for the summer, they all live with parents,Sowmahan? smile.gif

Xanthus,Stop rolling your eyes smile.gif

Ariadne   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brown:

What 16year old Somali girl lives by herself? If you know of any country where 16,17 & 18year olds are living independently,tell me.

There are many 15-20something girls that go to school and work part time and bring in a second or third income to the family even if they don't live on their own. And there are many 16 year olds that do live on their own, but support their family. And not summer jobs either PART TIME that is decent wages.

I agree that quite a lot of teenage girls work these days, and if they don't it means they have older sisters who support them because by heck they are not going to get enough money from their poor mum to buy the amount of clothes and shoes and bags they seem to want. Any girl who wants the freedom to buy what she wants, when she wants, quickly learns she needs to earn the money herself.

The rest of the list is useful but not necessary.

Val & Madame.

The issue was not about having a summer job and earning $6+/hr at a fast food, it was about my claim that most Somali teenage girls live with parents while attending school. Not many live and manage their monies 100% of the time,Those that have summer jobs, probably don’t sit down and budget their income. I am sure they all spend it every week on Shopping & movies. smile.gif

Most of the rebuttal was rather dismissive & eye rolling(Hey Xanthus,lol). Lets face it, for Most Somali families,especially those back at home, Girls are not given any financial responsibilities, The most they ever get is getting married off to some Dukaan owner. The only money they get to see is when they are buying yaanyo mirooley & basta santa de lucia.

Personally, I will feel bad if my little 16year old sister had to work through out the year, I will rather work over time and give her $100/week(that she would have earned anway flipping burgers) smile.gif

Buuxo   

^and what does the teenage somali boys done by this age, are you saying that they can effectively manage their money. can they even bring money to the family?.We are talking about the 21st century somali girl, not when you used get your shaati iyo surweel ironed and the somalis girls use to fetch those yaanyo mirooley.war joog, gabdhaha aa loo baxsadaye.