Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

Drop-outs make it in life.

...At least that is the message that the top ten of the Forbes 400 America's richest is subliminally sending.

The top ten, 5 have inherited (the Wal-Mart family) their wealth, so, they don't count. Only 1 of the other 5 has graduated from university, the rest are drop-outs. Of course, the most famous drop-out has topped the list, again!

What message is that sending? It certainly made me think.....I don't know.

===============================

Michael Moore, the outragous documentary film-maker has left his uni studies after having difficult in finding a parking space....And now, he is doing that bad, is he?

===============================

I think it is crazy. I don't know. Can anyone explain this to me? Of course, I am not saying that every drop out makes it, but then again, is it a coincidence that the 5 top richest americans, 4 are drop outs? I don't know, but it is crazy.

NoVa   

^^^Power 2 ALL the Drop-Outz... :Dicon_razz.gif;)

that reminds me i'm officially a DRop-out 2(feels somewat off saying it loud)..INsha allah tacalaa..I"LL Make it HAPPEND in the Top Ten Richest Women in the WORLD...

I'll try my best 2 remember some of u afte all I need a productive team in my Company that have the potential and the skillz 2 work 4 the BEST icon_razz.gif

So now instead of saying i'm nada 2 offer anytying...lol..start bein' Nice...Yes u might c Noviina one of those dayz being UP there and u'll say 'some drop-out she was' lol...INsha allah things could turn out good :Dicon_razz.gif

...there goes the drop-out in front of ur eyez with a Big Smile

Castro   

Walaalo Nova, waan ku ducayni. The examples of these drop outs in the top ten richest people on earth is a little misleading. The term drop-out here in this context is used to sensationalize the issue. These people dropped out because they either had an extremely unique idea to pursue, as in the case of Bill Gates, or other profitable endeavors occupied their time. The implication is not that one can drop out, sit around claiming to be a drop out then make it to the top ten. These people worked harder than anyone who spent decades in school to make it where they are. You may be working on your brilliant and unique idea to get you there, I don't know. But from the way you write I have a suspicion (which may be wrong) that you should have stayed in school just a little longer.

Best of luck to you. And do send me a postcard when you're rich and famous inshallah.

Jabhad   

To all of you drop-outs out there, you can make it to the top. Atleast 4 of the 10 richest people on earth are gues what drop-outs--

No. 1 William Gates

Net worth: $51.0 billion (up)

Source: Software, Microsoft

Self-made

Marital status: married, three children

Hometown: Medina, Wash.

Education: Harvard University, dropout

No. 3 Paul Allen

Net worth $22.5 billion (up)

Source: Software, Microsoft, investments

Self-made

Marital status: single

Hometown: Seattle, Wash.

Education: Washington State University, dropout

No. 4 Michael Dell

Net worth $18.0 billion (up)

Source: Technology, Dell

Self-made

Marital status: married, four children

Hometown: Austin, Texas

Education: University of Texas Austin, dropout

No. 5 Lawrence Ellison

Net worth $17.0 billion (up)

Source: Software, Oracle

Self-made

Marital status: married, two children, three divorces

Hometown: Silicon Valley, Calif.

Education: University of Illinois, dropout

There are too reasons why people drop out:

1. They cant hack it (read: dumb)

2. They are cleverer than their professors or know the course cant offer something new/want.

All the successful people fall into category 2.

So unless you're in (2), dont drop-out kids.

Jabhad   

lol athena! u right, i agree with you.

don't drop-out of school kids.

somalia has enough drop-outs already.

zynab   

geel jire are u implying droping out to be a good thing or even an option.

after all the trouble one has to gone through to get to a western country and adopt to that countries culture and education system , u expect people to quit college for something that the likely hood of success happening to be at odds,

castro- brutally honest but well said.

Baluug   

All these people are university dropouts.Obviously they had enough brains and money to get into university in the first place,so it's not surprising that they could make it without finishing that university education.That's kind of misleading because when people hear the term "dropout", I can imagine they think of high school dropouts.At least,that's what I thought.

Castro   

Originally posted by Naku Penda Piya:

^^ You go around shooting your mouth off like that here, you're liable to get yourself hurt.

And the truth shall set you free

Castro, bro you have said it! It is not about the quitting that matters, it is what you wanna work on to quit. If it ain't worth it, then do not leave studying. Even if you don't make it, you will have the privilege of being eluminated.

Consider that a DISCLAIMER OR WHATEVER!

KIDS DO NOT QUIT SCHOOL, PLEASE!