Abdillahi

Somalis never had a unity government

Recommended Posts

I cannot find in Somali nomadic history where Somalis lived under a unity government until 1 July 1960. We live in clan identity and not nation state reality like say Germany or England. Where the people are named after their language. Somali means to "go milk" an action performed by pastoral nomads when they tend to their camels and sheep. We are not a nation but a group of clans and sub clans that complete for resources on the horn of Africa. A real Somali nation has never existed only in the minds of the U.N or delusional minds of Somali folk that wish to transform this nomadic society into a proper nation state. This is what people like Prof. Samatar and others fail to realise. Somalis do not have the intellect nor the culture to build a nation state.

It's time to bulkanise Somalia along clan lines. The project of Somaliland has shown we cannot live in peace and prosperity because clan is too deeply ingrained in the Somali consciousness. There will always be problems because people are inherently sectarian. Look at Kismayo terror attack, can you say that was not clan motivated? Or the bloodshed in El Afweyn.

Time for use to move on from this delusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But would *** fight ***? They are both *** so they have a shared identity. I do believe the *** sub clans should each be given a state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will and had fougt each other in the past. In fact,  most wars since fall of  Barre were between sub-clans of the same clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

Maybe you should read an actual history book before coming out with gibberish. 

Every nation started as a collection of clans who form tribes who collate into a nation state.

The German nation state is made of the Germanic tribes (read the Roman history on their dealings with these people, you will notice they were alot similar to Somalis in terms of lifestyle).

The same thing is true for Britain and every other European nation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   

Somalia and Somalis have a much longer history than you give credit.

 

Why don’t you go to Somalia or Somaliland or Kenya for a few months to learn a thing or two about your history as a Somali.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Apophis said:

 

 

Why don’t you go to Somalia or Somaliland or Kenya for a few months to learn a thing or two about your history as a Somali.

I second that.

Abdillahi, you seem like a young kid. Breathe and take time to study unless you are just  trolling.

And divulge a lit bit into the unification of Germany as well as Italy, two nation states that didn't exist before the 19th.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not a young kid. My observation are empirical and back by historical literary evidence and not based on oral tradition which is not reliable evidence. If Somalis had a traditional path of development towards a nation state there would be libraries and documented evidence of a written language and culture outside the nomadic start of the somalis. But there is not. We are not a settled society until recently so comparisons to German, England or Italy is not sound as these nation had a traditional path towards a nation state. Some where inspired by the Roman empire  which itself had a 1200 year history of its own. 

Even European anthropologist have noted that Somalis have not had a civilisation but a loose connections of various clans and sub clans competing for water and life stock on a semi arid environment. Even today Somalis  live as they did in those pre-colonial times accept now you have urbanisation. If you are arguing any different I have yet to find evidence for this. As for me going to Somalia I will not. But I have been to Somaliland. I have seen how they live. Somalis are backward in both social and civilisation development. This is the harsh truth. If you compare the Germans who have a 800 year history. Somalis are 100's of years behind other more advanced countries. There is no getting around this fact. Otherwise Somalia would be a successful republic like South Korea, Japan or Taiwan. Since this is not the case  so why continue with the project that is doomed? Balkisation is the only logical course to ease the dysfunction.

Which is what I proposed at the start , to divide Somalia into clan republics as it will save Somalis time and energy and simplify the path towards a nation state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
galbeedi   

 

7 hours ago, Apophis said:

Maybe you should read an actual history book before coming out with gibberish. 

I think you are in a wrong place. Every Somali kid compares the current situation or his own experience to the larger Somali family.  

Language doesn't determine the authenticity of any nation. Many African countries use French , English or another foreign language as the national language , yet that doesn't determine their  history, culture or existance. Italy became a republic just before the turn of century, that doesn't mean the Romans were all italians. people and communities  transform from tribes to nations.

Mind you the nation state is a modern creation of the Europeans. People lived as tribes united either by geography or culture. There were Somali empires in the horn since the  thirteenth century, the likes of : Adal, Ifat, Ajuuraan, Osmania , Water Maal and others for centuries who fought the colonials from Portuguese to Abyssinian and the  Italians. There were also a Somali group the fought both the British and the Italians some 120 years ago. I think they are called " Daraawiish" if you ever heard of them.

Arabic , the language of the Quran , was extensively used in most Somali territories for recording things. Go find out when The Sawahili tribes in east Africa and when they had written their language. Unlike Somalis, there is no such thing people called Zimbabwe, Congo or even Kenya. In Kenya, a combinations of tribes, Kikuyu, Luo, Turkana and even Somali ones had given certain geography  by the British Tanganyika and then called Kenya.

In any event,  these place is not fit for your narrow experience. Come back in a few years. If you don't even know how Ahmed Madoobe looks , how could you interact with people in this political section which is no the best of places . Go to the general section and other places and see you in a few years. I have been generous here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

I second that.

Abdillahi, you seem like a young kid. Breathe and take time to study unless you are just  trolling.

And divulge a lit bit into the unification of Germany as well as Italy, two nation states that didn't exist before the 19th.

He is not young, he was well over 30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Apophis   
8 hours ago, Abdillahi said:

I am not a young kid. My observation are empirical and back by historical literary evidence and not based on oral tradition which is not reliable evidence. If Somalis had a traditional path of development towards a nation state there would be libraries and documented evidence of a written language and culture outside the nomadic start of the somalis. But there is not. We are not a settled society until recently so comparisons to German, England or Italy is not sound as these nation had a traditional path towards a nation state. Some where inspired by the Roman empire  which itself had a 1200 year history of its own. 

Even European anthropologist have noted that Somalis have not had a civilisation but a loose connections of various clans and sub clans competing for water and life stock on a semi arid environment. Even today Somalis  live as they did in those pre-colonial times accept now you have urbanisation. If you are arguing any different I have yet to find evidence for this. As for me going to Somalia I will not. But I have been to Somaliland. I have seen how they live. Somalis are backward in both social and civilisation development. This is the harsh truth. If you compare the Germans who have a 800 year history. Somalis are 100's of years behind other more advanced countries. There is no getting around this fact. Otherwise Somalia would be a successful republic like South Korea, Japan or Taiwan. Since this is not the case  so why continue with the project that is doomed? Balkisation is the only logical course to ease the dysfunction.

Which is what I proposed at the start , to divide Somalia into clan republics as it will save Somalis time and energy and simplify the path towards a nation state.

So you don’t like Somalis, how they live, nor do you care about their history and are nothing more than “uncivilised barbarians” to you.

So what can we help you with? Are you here to observe the “ backwards” natives or what?

If you don’t want to be Somali what can you be? Nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tallaabo   
14 hours ago, Apophis said:

Somalia and Somalis have a much longer history than you give credit.

 

Why don’t you go to Somalia or Somaliland or Kenya for a few months to learn a thing or two about your history as a Somali.

..... and Djibouti and Ethiopia. 

Most people think the problems of our society is because of our clan system. However, that is not correct as all the shortcomings of our society is ultimately rooted in the lack of taqwa(fear of God) and the prevalence of ignorance among most people especially politicians. A God-fearing wise or educated man or woman will simply not be fooled by a clan chauvinist into supporting a campaign detrimental to the general wellbeing of society. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.