Sign in to follow this  
Sir-Qalbi-Adeyg

Informing the right authorities

Fabregas   

^^Yes, but a significant portion of the SOmali Population do not see taking part in the resistance in Somalia as a criminal offense, although it is probably a criminal offense in certain Western countries. Over-hearing some dudes wanting to blow up a subway or clear knowing that there is terror plot is not the same as a grown man going to SOmalia to participate in a which he sees as legitimate and right. I would definitely inform the inform the authorities on the former, but the latter wouldn't be my shaqo/job, lest I had certain evidence that these men were going to blow up innocents, which is most probably not the case, as most are(probably) going to resist Ethiopian forces. I know many people are scared to say that, but that is the situation.

Secondly, of course, he who has nothing to hide need not feel any fear.However, we know that the draconian anti-terror measures have detained innocent people for large periods of time, jailed people for minor offenses with litle evidence, thus opportunistic people will seek to exploit the tense situation. What applies theoritically, that is everyone is equal and entitled to a fair case, doesn't always occur in realiyu, especially int the current climate.

Lastly, in any case the reliablity and motiviations of the witness, ie those that bring forth the case, must be scrutinized. In this case, the politics section of SOL is enough to give a little hint, as to the motivations behind the sudden descent of morality and heroic attempts at saving crying mothers, from certain folks : ;)

B_G

Very weak argument. Just because someone has convinced themselves that what they're doing is legitimate and right does not make it so. For example, somali culture believes female circumcision is legitimate and right in our culture, but it's clearly a violation of islamic tenets and morally repugnant. Being a grown man doesn't mean one can do as he please's, there are laws and basic sense of morality.

The same way, someone who's planning to join al shabab who are known to commit suicide bombings and kill innocents people must be stopped. Or are you saying suicide bombings is legitimate and right? Do not label these lunatics are 'resistance', there is no honor in using innocent women as shields and suicide bombings.

winnie   

^^^ are they known for suicide bombings?

most people see them as the group at the forefront of the resistance against the ethiopians, and that my friend does legitimize their cause in islam.

btw, where are you getting the "women as shields" from?

it sounds reminiscent of what the american media used to report about the iraqi insurgents, almost as a way to divert the blame of civilian death from the army.

the insurgents were using bodies as shields though, and as other tools, but they were dead bodies of men, women and children.

the facts are still quite horrific, but the media only transmitted a portion of the truth.

p.s im not pro shabab, nor am i pro abdullahi yusuf/tfg.

Fabregas   

^ 1. How do you know those men were joining Alshabab? For there are multiple groups in Somalia. Secondly, killing of innocent and women is mostly pure propoganda and highly exaggerated.

2. Are you certain that they would carry out suicide bombs and killin of innocents?

3. Are you sure these actions wouldn't bring more harm to the Somali community?

In other words if a mere two people were involved in the financing and gathering of people- you are going to spy on a whole masjid and ruin the name of the Muslim community in that town?

p.s I shall start a thread about "morality", "Islam" and the situation in Somali, soon, inshallah!

Originally posted by shaken and deterred:

^^^ are they known for suicide bombings?

most people see them as the group at the forefront of the resistance against the ethiopians, and that my friend does legitimize their cause in islam.

btw, where are you getting the "women as shields" from?

it sounds reminiscent of what the american media used to report about the iraqi insurgents, almost as a way to divert the blame of civilian death from the army.

the insurgents were using bodies as shields though, and as other tools, but they were dead bodies of men, women and children.

the facts are still quite horrific, but the media only transmitted a portion of the truth.

p.s im not pro shabab, nor am i pro abdullahi yusuf/tfg.

Al shabab are known for heinous acts like beheadings, killing aid workers and suicide bombings. If you don't want to take my word for it, research and read the news yourself.

I also agree, neither al shabab or the TFG is good for somalia. But somehow, whenever one calls out the al shabab for what they are, accusations and insults are thrown left and right from people trying to defend these scum.

This reminded me an incident that took place in a mosque which had a large somali worshippers.

There was this guy who used to be regular at the mosque, he did not had any distinguishing feature, just looked an average somali farah except he was dumb and informant for secret services.

Ofcourse this was at the time of the rise of ICU in southern Somalia, this guy was praying one day in that mosque and while he was prostrating his spy ID card fell to the ground in full view of all other worshipers. Kala carar ayaa ka dhacay!.

I

Thierry.   

Nino B you hit the nail

You should try and other Muslims should try and stop to stop oppression. I don’t think you should report them unless imminent loss of life is about to occur and you and fellow Muslims are unable to stop it.

What if I over hear on one of my regular visits to Regents park Masjid some brothers talking of a plot to use anthrax on Guys and Saint Thomas Hospital, say I advice them not to do such actions as it is prohibited in Islam and they agree yet I wake up in the morning to find BBC news telling me of the exposure.

NGONGE   

At least this makes more sense than the new trend of shopping someone you dislike as a terrorist. I've heard of several such cases taking place in the UK.

winnie   

^^^ i remember when 911 happened, we would discuss, as a family, what ramifications this would have on somalis and my father's replies were sort of prophetic. he said:

1) osama ben laden can't hide in somalia, despite all the chaos, because someone would rat him out for the reward money.

2) people will falsely report others as terrorsits simply out of clan affiliations, and more particularly to rid themselves of an adversary.

Originally posted by B_G:

^^Yes, but a significant portion of the SOmali Population do not see taking part in the resistance in Somalia as a criminal offense, although it is probably a criminal offense in certain Western countries. Over-hearing some dudes wanting to blow up a subway or clear knowing that there is terror plot is not the same as a grown man going to SOmalia to participate in a which he sees as legitimate and right. I would definitely inform the inform the authorities on the former, but the latter wouldn't be my shaqo/job, lest I had certain evidence that these men were going to blow up innocents, which is most probably not the case, as most are(probably) going to resist Ethiopian forces. I know many people are scared to say that, but that is the situation.

Secondly, of course, he who has nothing to hide need not feel any fear.However, we know that the draconian anti-terror measures have detained innocent people for large periods of time, jailed people for minor offenses with litle evidence, thus opportunistic people will seek to exploit the tense situation. What applies theoritically, that is everyone is equal and entitled to a fair case, doesn't always occur in realiyu, especially int the current climate.

Lastly, in any case the reliablity and motiviations of the witness, ie those that bring forth the case, must be scrutinized. In this case, the politics section of SOL is enough to give a little hint, as to the motivations behind the sudden descent of morality and heroic attempts at saving crying mothers, from certain folks :
;)

To BG:

Your comments do nothing to diminish the fact that Al-Shabab are a bunch of munaafiq terrorists who have attempted to hijack our good faith, to recklessly spill the blood of many innocent(i.e non-TFG) Somalis. So just fess up fully to the charges man, and admit you're wrong to support deviants who murder innocents.

Now as for the issue of reporting, a.k.a "snitching", your butt to the police for such irrational support--I am very much against. You have every right to sympathize with heretics in Somalia if you so choose. But as long as arintu ay tahay, fadhi ku dirirnimo, and you're NOT--with unswerving devotion-- providing Al-Shabab the bombs they use to kill innocents, then you are AIGHT by me. ;)

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

Fabregas   

Firstly,If you're a man, answer my question in the other thread.

Secondly, I don't support Alshabab manhaj or their metholodigical approach to Islam. I follow the mainstream Ahlul Sunnah of the Salaf, which is against declaring takfir/killing government officials on people and the manhaj of Osama Bin Laden. At the same, I am not a munafiq who supports Xabashis occupying masajids and looting Somalia in Muqdisho,as some who call others Munafiqs proudly do!

Thirdly, it is good to see that you're not part of the snitching crew. There is some hope for you!

Ngonge, what makes you think they won't do he same here?

I follow the mainstream Ahlul Sunnah of the Salaf, which is against declaring takfir/killing government officials on people and the manhaj of Osama Bin Laden.

What a laugh! I have said this before and I'll say it again. The depth and breadth of your ignorance is very impressive. But I also have to give you credit for backtracking on your support for the fake cimaamad wearing deviants of Somalia. There IS hope for you after-all, unlike some unapologetic deviant fanny-kissers on this thread.

Republic Of California

Fabregas   

^^I said a long time ago on this forum I don't support Shabab manhaj. And I don't say that because I am coward or some appeaser. Though, I support the position of the SOmali Ulema( the major ones in Somalia/Abroad) on the situation in Somalia. Anyway let us let the snitches and traitors be: Allah will shall judge between us!

^^^And since when is Allah(SWT)judgement a thing to compete for against others. Saaxiib, don't ever forget that on Judgement day, your OWN deeds ARE your biggest concern.

Republic Of California