Sign in to follow this  
Sir-Qalbi-Adeyg

Informing the right authorities

Originally posted by Rahima:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed.” The Prophet was asked: “It is right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?” He replied: “By preventing him from oppressing others.”

Thank you for posting this, this is what we as muslims should follow. Instead of protecting criminals and those who seek to oppress others.

As for the masjid, until further information is available, I will leave it be. But if there were people recruiting young teenagers to fight for al shabab in somalia then the authorities should be promptly notified and made aware of these extremist recruiters.

Fabregas   

“Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed.” The Prophet was asked: “It is right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?” He replied: “By preventing him from oppressing others.”

{Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Hadith 624}

Narrated ‘Abdullah bin Umar:

Allah’s Apostle said, “A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him,
nor should he hand him over to an oppressor . Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection .”

{Book 43, Volume 3, Number 622: Sahih Buhari}

JZK for the hadith, ya Rahima, though some people might think it equates to the morality of becoming lowlife jajuus and snitches in the masajids- in order to score political points. SOmali problems should sorted out the traditional way; police should be a last resort.

NGONGE   

Allah’s Apostle said, “A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him,
nor should he hand him over to an oppressor . Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection .”

Maxa kugo kalifay walaal? :(

Originally posted by B_G:

quote:Originally posted by Rahima:

JZK for the hadith, ya Rahima, though some people might think it equates to the morality of becoming lowlife jajuus and snitches in the masajids- in order to score political points. SOmali problems should sorted out the traditional way; police should be a last resort.
How exactly do somali's sort out their problems the 'traditional way'?

roobleh   

Whenever someone raises an important issue that concerns muslim communities like Somalis, why do some attack or question about his/her motives? Can't u guys deal with the issue without character assissinations?

Back to the question, I do not see compramising my religion or loyalty to my community for reporting acts of terrorism or crime against innocents regardless of race or religion. And I hope that we will come to our senses and be able to differentiate right from wrong.

Question: Do u consider ur community where u and kids, or future ones, live? If so, and ur community is in danger, isn't it a moral obligation to help or defend it?

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Speaking of "snitching" and masaajid, this article published on
is relevant, I guess.

quote:

Mosque fights for rights, but slurs Jews and West

Centre backs women in UPS dress case, while other faiths are smeared online

A mosque asking that Canadian workplaces respect a strict Muslim dress code is at the same time disseminating slurs against Jews and Western societies, and warning members against social integration.

The Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque near Kipling Ave. and Rexdale Blvd. serves as the religious authority for eight Somali women complaining to the Canadian Human Rights Commission that UPS Canada Ltd. violated their religious rights at a sorting plant. The mosque, founded in 1990 and serving upwards of 10,000 people, preaches strict adherence to sharia, or Islamic law, and no compromise with the West.

Teachings on the mosque's website, khalidmosque.com, refer to non-Muslim Westerners as "wicked," "corrupt" and "our clear enemies."

Sometimes Jews are singled out.

"Is it permissible for women to wear high-heeled shoes?" begins one posting in question-and-answer format. "That is not permissible," comes the reply. "It involves resembling the Disbelieving Women or the wicked women. It has its origin among the Jewish women."

Modern pastimes are condemned.

"What is the ruling on subscribing to sports channels?" another question begins. "Watching some of the female spectators, when the camera focuses on them time after time" stirs "evil inclinations," the lesson reads. "Some (players) may not even believe in Allaah."

Mosque leaders refused repeated requests for an interview.

A disclaimer on the website says questions and answers do not necessarily reflect the mosque's views. But the About Us page says: "All questions and answers on this site (are) prepared, approved and supervised by (the mosque's imam) Bashir Yusuf Shiil."

The mosque's stand on the UPS case also appears contradictory.

In September, a Canadian Human Rights Tribunal heard two weeks of testimony from eight mosque members alleging "Islamophobia" at the company's west Toronto plant. Three final days of testimony are scheduled for next week.

The eight women, who lost their jobs at UPS, say Islam dictates that they wear a full-length skirt for modesty. The courier company insists that any skirt be knee-length for safety, as workers climb ladders up to 6 metres high.

Under their skirt, the women wear full-length trousers but say they do not want the lower part showing in case the shape of the calf can be discerned.

The complaint originally centred on the company's use of temporary workers and uneven enforcement of its safety rules.

But the key question remains: Is UPS insisting on shorter hems for safety or is it violating religious rights by denying the women permanent jobs unless they conform?

So far, no Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque representative has attended the sessions, but the women cited the mosque as their place of worship and religious authority, and tabled a letter from its administration. "This is to certify that the religion of Islam requires all Muslim women to cover her entire body inclusive of the legs, arms, head, ears and neck," the letter reads. "As such, (the women) would not be able to wear pants as an outfit."

On the other hand, the mosque's website teachings forbid women to work outside the home in the first place. "It is known that when women go to work in the workplaces of men, this leads to mixing with men," one such posting says.

"This is a very dangerous matter," it reads. "It is in clear opposition to the texts of the Shariah that order the women to remain in their houses and to fulfill the type of work that is particular for her ...

"We ask Allah to protect our land and the lands of all Muslims from the plots and machinations of their enemies."

Two of the women making the complaint – Dales Yusuf, 46, and Nadifo Yusuf (no relation), 36 – said in an interview that they live in Canada now, and are free to pick and choose from Islamic law.

"We must work," said Dales Yusuf. "I'm a single parent raising my kids." Jacquie Chic, a lawyer with the Workers' Action Centre representing the women at the hearings, said neither she nor her clients were aware of the mosque's posted teachings. "I, the Workers' Centre and these women are concerned enormously about any expression of anti-Semitism or any other form of racism," she said.

Questions to the mosque about its teachings were met with evasiveness over three weeks.

Mosque chairman Osman Mohamed three times agreed to an interview and three times cancelled at last minute. Imam Shiil was said to be in Saudi Arabia and unreachable. Mosque administrator Abukar Mohamed confused matters further by appearing to agree with UPS, saying: "The Quran says women must be covered – it doesn't give you the specific clothes. But I am not a religious authority."

Those who run that masaajid now were said to complain about how they have been "snitched" -- they mean the revelation of Islamic comments on their site to the media -- by their bitterly rival wadaado, whom they wrestled the control of that masaajid from -- all the way going to the secular courts. I guess their rivalry did not end there.
Fascinating and disheartening. I can't believe all the crap that I hear coming out of that mosque about 'wadaado' wrestling for control. And now this - the Somali community waa eber.

About 'snitching' - I find the whole 'don't snitch' campaign a joke. Since when did we become African American gangsters. If you hear something credible that could lead to violence or a criminal act - report it. Use your judgement.

^The Key word here is Credibilty. Kutiri kuteen iyo waxaa la yidhi umbee kusocdaa Somali. xin,xaasidnimo plus vindictiveness is high up in Somali populated areas. I have seen people reported to the cops for holding a political gathering. I was perplexed.

I dont think this(particular case) has anything to do with reporting credible stories but rather, vindicating an innocent group of people for holding a different political view.

Protocol,

Don't let them taunt you Walaalo. If you see someone commiting or ploting a crime, please report it to the proper authority. This whole "gaalada yaan loo dhiibin" B.S :eek: is getting on my nerves. This is how we destroyed our country harboring and helping criminals escape and we want to continue saqajaanimadaas here too :rolleyes: .

^ You are falling for a not so clever three shell scam.

I doubt a single person in this thread disagrees with reporting to the authorities on Rape,Murder etc.

This thread is an extension of a debate that began in the politics section ... where there was a posting regarding some unscrupulous rats .. making up stories about people who were attending a masjid because of differences of politics on whats going on back home.

if you guessed the xabashi bootlickers where the ones doing the jaajusnimo you guessed right !

Blessed   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by Rahima:

Maxa kugo kalifay walaal?
:(
:confused: :confused: What's wrong with her post?

NGONGE   

The two explanations that followed her straight away, ayeeyo. Not to mention the easy way she threw the hadith there with no explanation or opinion.

(She knows I'm not picking on her though icon_razz.gif )

Chocolate & honey

Thanks, I agree with your sentiments exactly.

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^ You are falling for a not so clever three shell scam.

lol@scam

At least admit it was a pretty clever scam. Don't be paranoid sxb, there was no hidden agenda in this topic.

Fabregas   

Rooble, bro I had a hunch or even some intelligence that ABU qarxiyey and his crew were blowing to cause destruction and mayhem, then I would have no qualms on informting the authorities. Ditto, if a child was horrible locked, abused and not fed. This is the duty of every Muslim and if you had evidence that somethuing was going to that kind of shiisha: you could find yourself in an empty cell. But grown men going to SOmalia is not the same as bombs going off in London or Madird? Is it?

Every case has a context and every informer has a motive. I don't particularly know the detials of this case, but knowing the tribal character of the folks who are proudly claiming snitchnimo and jajusinimo on here, and in the Politics section: this has nothing to do with caring for innocent mothers or getting their lost sons. They are the same people who gloated and cheered for the suffering the mothers and children in the SOuth, which was labelled as a " clean up operation".

Furthermore, I understand the pain of any mother who could not find her son. Imagine someone you raised all your life,your beloved son dissappearing just like that?

Having said that, I'm not going to be a liar : we all know plenty of SOmalis have gone back dhulki, in ay dagal galan! Are we going to become jajus and spy on every Masajid those people attended? Are we going to report the police on every associate or friend they had?

You see, some people are trying to use the suffering of emotional mothers to score political points against their adversaries. In Islam, if an action that we take leads to a great fitan, then we postpone that action for the greater good of the ummah. In this context, becoming lowly jajus and snitches, only makes more problems for the Somali community. The society will become Ostracized , Masajids will get raided(locked up?), innocent folks will get locked up and SOmali kids will be without fathers and children. Is it a price to pay for opportunistic purposes? And, it is not like grown men who have made their decision are going to come back from SOmalia? ya?

Protocol, through elders, ulema, etc, and not spying on worshippers. :D (if that was what happened).

roobleh   

BG, first of all, there is no way we can tell what's behind every allegatin and it's motives. The guy who started this topic does not mention snitching people based on political affiliations. So, let's not waste of time what his motives are since we cannot know that for sure.

Secondly, musjids and imaams who are law abiding have to fear nothing. Police raid on churches when they receive credible info linking them to criminal activity. If it happens that someone falsely accuses people he considers enemy, then let the system work to sort out whether the allegation is true or a baseless one.