Sign in to follow this  
Somali-feminist

Beauty Tip

nafta   

i use olay of olaz...cream wash everything, it works for me...ive been using it sicne the age 10 (when i was still experimenting with mums stuff :D )and it didnt irritate or anything so i keep using it ever since...it makes my skin feel like a baby's bottom! :D;)icon_razz.gif

SO...what else do you girls/boys use when you wanna get rid of zits unpurities stuff like that...

P.s. "did u know that strawberries are natural teeth whiteners...just rub about 100gram of them every mornig and night and guaranteed ull see the difference in about 3-4 weeks" :D ...Glamour Magazine

ZOLA   

lol...am also anti-eyebag....getting 8hrs of sleep helps..and gals can cover up by usuing a concealer.

beauty tip: trim ur hair often...with split ends ur hair will never grow. every 4 to 6 weeks for those of u who use many producs, flat irons and blow dryers.. it work for me.

A.A

ZOLA   

i have oily skin so the only thing that works for me is Neutrogena deep clean face wash and st.ives apricort scrub.

A.A

malaika, st ives apricot scrub works 4 me as well.

but every weekend I use cusbur malab n one other thing that i dont know the name of, it cleans ur face deeeeeeeeeeeply and makes it soft as well.

after that i'm like WATCH OUT LONDON, HERE I COME!

Xafsa   

We have to remember to moisturize our whole body!! We put so much time into our face that we tend to forget about the rest of the skin.........don't use those freshly scented lotions....cocoa butter works great. you should out lotion all over your body twice a day.

drink lots of water...clears up skin.

if you use powder of makeup remember to wash your face every night. don't use alot of make-up..... bad for skin. exercise as often as possible its good inside and outside of your body.

deep condition your hair once a week at least and, like maliakah said, trim the ends.

oh and chap stick!!....don't ever leave home with out it....thats my seceret weapon!

thats all folks.

sc wr wb,

This is an advice for the ladies with long hair... use Hazel nut oil, before you wash your hair...leave it on for overnight, that way it will concentrate on the hair better. If you can't find hazel nut, you could also use almond oil…you could find this at any Indian food market, and also some Islamic supermarkets... Ladies don't waste your money on "hot oil" it doesn't reconstruct or repair the damage as they have you believe!

Saalixa   

samiyah

sis thanks so much iam going to try sum of that hazel nut,

only i have to go see where our nearest indian shop is. :D

salam

A good zit-zapper is tea-tree oil. I've used the Body Shop's tea-tree oil (not the wand but the vial--more for your money!)and other products that all have tea-tree oil as the active ingredient. It has a strong odour, but I tell you ladies, it works!

I almost forgot to add, I've come across many people who vouch for Pro-Active. I don't mean to advertise, but I have used it before myself and I would definitely recommend it for slight to even severe acne. But you know, if you have serious acne, skip the over-the-counters and head to the dermatologist!

salaamu alaikum wr wb,

wow jaz I thought I was the only mali who used that product...but it does tend to get costy... Insha'Allah I'll write more about acne products when I have more time... Black seeds(xabasod) which is so inexpensive actually works way better than most of the counter products...Get yourself some Xabasoda facial soap, which you could find basically at any halal market... use it twice dialy... use the oil once (better if you leave it on overnight)