Sign in to follow this  
GAAROODI

would you guys ever move back to Africa.

GAAROODI   

I am a lover of Africa, i go there every year once, i don't go i go crazy. Anyways just wanted to know if any of you guys considered moving there, see i need to make money and i couldnt live in africa permanently because i would run of out money. Have you guys thought of moving back, for good ? no return?

YES.

Not for good though. I'll get a summer villa iA where I'll take the kids to bore their brains out during the summer holidays. Just like moi last year :D

Buuxo   

Garoodi,Africa is not one country you know.It's a bloody continent with however many countries smile.gif

And not all these countries share the same Culture or political and economic woe.

So where in Africa you talking about? And there are jobs,even the kinds that could bring you ridiculous amounts of money,that you would need Swiss bank accounts icon_razz.gif

To answer you question,why not.

Ibtisam   

I would trade places in a heart beat, give me few goats, a little farm, access to water and a building to live in. You couldn't get me to leave. But my family keep telling me I must stay here my whole life to send them money :(

Buuxo   

^Ibti you need to figure a way for them to make money.Start up a small business for them,send to the city and get them schooling and some trade skills(assume they nomads)

Abyan   

I'm planning to move to kenya in 5 years time. I bought a land in 2004. We´ll see what the future holds inshaAllah.

And to answer your other question, yes you can ofcourse make money in africa. There are people making big bucks nowadays. Especially non africans coming there investing in projects.

Originally posted by chubacka:

maybe inshallah, I would wouldn't want to bring childrn up in the UK.

..or anyplace where their just gonna pick up a bunch of xaram habits and imitation...

Blessed   

I have heard of quiet a few British Somali brothers that have relocated and set up businesses in Africa. Africa seems to be in vogue at the moment.

Allahu Yaclam for me. I'm all for adventure and would love to live in as many varied places as I could but it's all about the sort of opportunity, schooling, security.. etc. In all honesty, Africa is not an easy place which is why you the 'tahriib' phenomena..

Abyan   

^^My cousin relocated to africa from the uk with her kids. In all honesty it depends on the projects and work that you are doing. Hadi aad ka maarmin africa you can find ways to live there depending on where you live. For instance she moved to kenya. The area that she lives is secure and her children are schooled well in a private school. But lastly, you're right, africa is not an easy place to live and not for everyone.