Sign in to follow this  
UK_ROSE

OUR FASHIONABLE SOMALI MEN

UK_ROSE   

Hi people,

I was walking home on a Friday night after a work meeting and heard this very familiar voice tone. Yep it was a fellow country man speaking on the phone; he was laud, very laud that I could hear him from across the road. I couldn’t believe my eyes though when I saw him I really had to look at him twice and you won’t guess, he was wearing a bright maroon suite with black shirt and a tie. He was good looking I must say with a wadaad beard but the COLOUR, I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY???? It looked like he was going to a fancy dress party.

I walked past him as he entered the Pizza Hut, Wallahi I stopped outside and had to beat the urge of following him to tell him not to wear these colours as they are inappropriate for Muslim men, but I didn’t coz I thought he might misunderstand me.

If you were in my position would you actually tell the person about their dress sense or colour of cloths?

And more importantly why do our people where these bright colours?? Its ceeb and?

Pucca   

inappropriate for muslim MEN to wear bright colors? no way! where's the hadith?

that aside dear it was never mentioned that it's either 'ceeb' or improper for men to wear bright colors, the case was about women (women shouldnt wear bright colors or colors that would attract the opposite sex)...and honestly i think somali women wear bright colors way more than men . if you find his taste of style odd or plain out iffy...thats no reason to assume such style is 'inappropriate'.

~peace and bless.

Taliban   

Originally posted by UK_ROSE:

If you were in my position would you actually tell the person about their dress sense or colour of cloths?

If I were in your position, I would first tell the person not to buy from Pizza Hut. At Pizza Hut, they offer bacon, ham, pork, sausage, beef or chicken as toppings. There's a minimal chance a tiny part of those toppings could make its way on the pizza you buy. And then, I would advise him to dress conservatively.

Ameen   

Sorry about the misunderstanding Xalimopatra.

I mean its wrong of me to assume such wrong thoughts but most Canadians don’t have much positive things to say about their trip to the "English Land" otherwise known as England. But it’s always interesting to known that a franchise such as Pizza Hut can exist in such a land like London.

Good for yall though.

And Allah knows best

Blessed   

^Nothing.

Rokko.

Inspiringly stylish. It's a great concept. Think I'll go and get a few Abu Sarandis for someone ;):D would you like some too..?

Hunguri   

loooool@ JB, Im rolling over somewhere here laughting. Waaryaahee, waar saaxiib. I could be the father of the boy you described me ;) . Nagadaa ciyaalka loool. Jacayl, Im trying to copy the fashion, that is awsome :D . Ooops, I 4got my self, that you told me to give up Macawus. LooooL. Anyhow, I like it. You know why!!! Coz, of beign free and comfartable (hola hola)