Sign in to follow this  
Azmaya

The wadaad husband

UK_ROSE   

Can I please just comment on one thing.

NOT ALL wadads have been lost and allah guided. There are people who have always been rightious and good doing.

I would marry a awdad any time coz i know they will fear Allah and are able to carry out their duties which allah has created them for!

W'salaam

Hunguri   

smile.gif Cambaro,

You are right. I think, I should go for those saying "iinyow. By the way, there was a Somali funny story smile.gif . Its about the "Donkey". Waxaa la yidhi. Dameer ayaa waxaa lagu yidhi. Waar Dameeroow dhimatay. Waar ma noolid oo Daankii ayaa ku jajabay. Tii Dameer ahayd Biqle ayay siday kuugu wadday nafta kaaga saartay. Waar niyohow iska quuso oo qoftaa magaceeda u dhaaf. Ninkii Dameer ahaa wuxuu ku jawaabay oo yidhi. (Nimanyohow intii magaca Dameer la waayi lahaa oo la odhan lahaa Dameer waxba ma doonto ama Dameertiisa uma tago) Dee Daankaasi ha iska kay jabo, oo biqlahaa waligay halayla dhaco. Hada waxaan kasoo wadaa. Ahahahahahaha dee waa rune, intii la odhan lahaa "Hunguri" hablaha yaryar lama haasaawo ama gabadh yar ma doonayo. Allaylehe Daanku ha i jabo. Oo waligoodba "iinyoow" ha yidhaahdeen smile.gif . Lama quusto ;)

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Xalane

In cuntada afka laguugu shubo miyaad dooneysaa? U gotta do all the leg work..so to speak
smile.gif
I will present bilcaanta and u take it from there.

See,this was what am talking about,saan aanbo ku habeesnahay hada.

JB and hunguri,hainugu taagnato! :D

Buuxo   

asmaya sis , wadaad's aspire to be like the prophet(SAW) and the prophet(saw)said the most perfect believer is the one that is kind to his family ,and i am the most kind to my family.( i think that was how the hadith went,if im wrong i stand to be corrected).and our prophet was the best example, of the ideal husband

so why would anyone not want a wadaad husband ?

and about the sheet issue,allahu-aclam,we cant generalise and not everyone is the same,wadaad or not.and they arent necessarily boring,guess thats another one of ur stereotypes. everyone is an individual.

however look-out for phoney wadaads like JB.

Ibtisam   

Ibti xabiibti

I really cant speak for wadaad couples but i can shed some light as to why they are formal when outside. I see couples that are married kissing, holding hands, sitting in each others laps in public. Why is there a need to perform for the public? Just cos you dont see wadaad couple being effectionate with each other in public, it doesnt mean that they are boring or that they dont do what other couples do. Everybody (men and women) have feelings and they are intimmate but the difference is their modesty. And Thank God for that. I would hate to grabbed in public by my husband. Any stranger out there would see a muhajaba being grabbed by a man as they have no way of knowing that he is my husband. I have an image to uphold as a muslimah and as such I should act like one.

that’s not what I meant honey. Public display is bit distasteful if you ask me, I would hate to see a doomed out sister standing on a street corner with her husband who is dressed as a Muslim. I would have to shout "get a room" :D just kidding, but that is not what I meant. In my experience and I have spent my whole life around waado couples and families, they are formal with each other, even in their speech, the structure is often (not always rigid) and they get too tangled up on my rights over you etc. Obviously there are normal couples as well, In the Somali community it might be more down to culture than religion.

I don't have a problem with waado's. But every Tom and Harry lay claims to being waado, so I think there are many Fake people who use religion to their advatage when it suits them, and act against it when it does not. I have learnt that the amount of chapters you finish, maadress you teach at or how many volumes of riiyaad uu salhin or taasfir of ibn Khathir you swelled, religion or waadinmo can only be attained via the practice of what you accumulate.

Som@li   

I am surprised and angered how some put down Wadaado, they are the best and you would be lucky to find one, as Wadaad is for Wadaadad! period. And they will do many things together which some find difficult and boring, like reading Quran together,waking up each other early morning for Salat, and praying together, Waaw, that is romantic. :cool:

Wadaad has the same chance of marrying again as any other man.

Some girls would marry a man who is a player and sleeps around, than marry Wadaad who may someday marry again.

I would say ,grab your hijabs, and head to the Mosque! :D;)

Ms DD   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

In my experience and I have spent my whole life around waado couples and families, they are formal with each other, even in their speech, the structure is often (not always rigid) and they get too tangled up on my rights over you etc. Obviously there are normal couples as well, In the Somali community it might be more down to culture than religion.

Ibti..it feels like you are talking about me. My brother and his wife call each other "babes, honey, xabiibi" in front of my parents and sometimes they hug or cuddle. This could be embrassing for others. But to me..there is no way i could say any of that infront my friends/siblings let alone my parents. I feel that this is to do with the issue of modesty, and the issue of keeping ones romance/love/affection behind closed doors. Of course I cant speak for others.

Khalaf   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

quote:Originally posted by cynical lady:

:rolleyes: i VOTE NO 2 WADAAD HUSBANDS

You want 2 wadaads? Well that will take some doing lol

Seriously though..why dont you want wadaad bloke? Imagine innocent man who has the modesty and hayaa of a virgin girl and explore life and discover delights together...what could be better hon?
Cambarro eddo macaan smile.gif .....CL likes diff type of blokes shuuuush ;)

istagfrullah wit material ... whats up with the bashing? becareful of mocking the deen walaa....n ladies if u know whats good for u marry someone who follows the deen that is what nabi scw recommended......

Hunguri   

This is what Somalis say about the "Wadaad". I will explain these proverbs on demand :D .

(1) Wadaad Jiilaal Injir lagama qabto

(2) Wadaad waa Nin

(3)Wadaad Wacdigiisa Wax isii baa u danbaysa

LooL

I can not believe this even a topic!

Very funny, very sad, and very enlighting all at the same time.

Personally speaking I'd go for the safer option of the wadad brother. Its not all about 4 wives and boring conversations. Whats wrong with

"Exploring delights" together. As for good between the sheets...Hmm well I wouldn't even know the difference, its not as thought i would know any better RIGHT coz im a MUSLIMAH RIGHT?

Ibtisam   

Ibti..it feels like you are talking about me. My brother and his wife call each other "babes, honey, xabiibi" in front of my parents and sometimes they hug or cuddle. This could be embrassing for others. But to me..there is no way i could say any of that infront my friends/siblings let alone my parents. I feel that this is to do with the issue of modesty, and the issue of keeping ones romance/love/affection behind closed doors. Of course I cant speak for others.

No not at all, they were not aimed at you personally or anyone else. I don't know you to make assumptions. In any case I think you are still getting me wrong, I was not referring to romance/ affection/ love, but just basic interaction. In any case every person takes with them their own personality to every situation and the deen is the same. I personal just don't like the term waada and Shike, they have been so over used and abused that they have lost their meaning and significant in distinguishing God fearing people from others. I think a new name is badly needed.

loool @dashid, please don't send the hood rats to the mosque to temp the maskeen that come there to hide out.

Ms DD   

Ibti..I meant you were describing me to a tee.

About a new name..i think we should call non-wadaads "biid" smile.gif

Originally posted by Ameen:

Remember wadaads were normal guys (and they still are) at one point before Allah guided them. So in reality they get the best of both worlds unlike the "ones" that forgot about their life after death.

Can they perform their share of work (if you know what I mean lol)? Of course they can. I mean they have the ability to control their souls and stand in the last hour of the night when the body is weak and fight the wars that nobody wants to fight, just imagine what they can do in private. So the truth is every women should strive to get a wadaad vise versa but there is just one problem. Allah has decreed that good men and for good women and good women are for good men so in the end, when it’s all said and done, you'll only get a person who resembles you in your actions.And Allah knows best

Perfectly said by none other than the Almighty. That verse is one that gives me great comfort when am scared of ending up wit the wrong man. I would b blessed if i get a wadaad husband inshaallah.