Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

Navel ring!!{piercing}

Xafsa   

Saying that you should get your belly pierced only if your gonna show it off is like telling a hijabed sister that she shouldn't bother doing her hair 'cause she's covering it anyway!!

Zakariye--walaal when I say daliil I mean Solid aaya's from the qur'an or hadith's. That shiekh is only giving his thoughts on the subject.

1luv

Ladiif   

Flying Still,

Yes Qur’an and Hadiith are the main sources of the Islamic sharia but that is not all. There are things which are not mentioned in either one of them. I’m pretty sure you know what FIQH(Islamic Jurisprudence) is. It refers to the legal rulings of the Muslim scholars, based on their knowledge of the shari`ah; and as such is the third source of rulings and to disregard this and demand for ayad iyo xadiith, xujaan u arkaa walaal.

Ladiif

Xafsa   

^^^^6REligious rulings or shariah's usually are based on or derived from a particular hadiith or aayah. I am not attacking the shiekh or his opinions...I just want to know what he is basing this particular understanding of his.

Ladiif   

You can ask for the basis of the sheikh’s opinions and there is nothing wrong with that walaal. I myself posed this question (navel piercing) to Sh. C/Rahman at Shaafici Masjid and his response was that “it’s not allowed”. One thing though I never asked him some specific ayah or hadith , maybe I should have done that.

But the way I see it is, if you are in doubtful, avoid it as these hadiths tell us….(1) “Leave that makes you doubt for that which doesn’t make you don’t” (saxiix Hassan)

(2) That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the 2 of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is UNLAWFUL…………long hadith.(bukhaari iyo muslim)

Ladiif

Xafsa   

^ thank you so much walaal that hadith completely slipped my mind. It is better to be safe than sorry.

1luv

Okay, I got my belly pierced early this yr. When my mum found out, damn, all I gotta say...is that she raised the roof, na'mean. ;)

Anyways a couple of months ago I asked this person who teaches islam if its haram and she told me that it aint. So, imma save my money and go get it peirced soon!

Originally posted by Jaahuur:

Flying Still,

Yes Qur’an and Hadiith are the main sources of the Islamic sharia but that is not all. There are things which are not mentioned in either one of them. I’m pretty sure you know what FIQH(Islamic Jurisprudence) is. It refers to the legal rulings of the Muslim scholars, based on their knowledge of the shari`ah; and as such is the third source of rulings and to disregard this and demand for ayad iyo xadiith, xujaan u arkaa walaal.

Ladiif

So you are telling me that if something is not in the quran or a saxiix hadiith...we should go and make up whats halal and whats haram?

Hello? does anyone see what's wrong with this picture. Islamic jurisdiction is derived from the ayaats of the quran to support it. I dont think I can take the advice of a scholar, no matter how well known he is in your community, If he doesn't have a source. Allah (s.a.w.) did not make everything on this earth HARAM...and whatever is unlawful to us is STATED in the QURAN...and some hadiths.

peace

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Ask yourself this question:

Why would someone want to pierce their belly

and get a belling ring?

People didn't desire it too much 10yrs ago

but today, in the Western Hemisphere i.e. America, England, Canada etc.

belly piercing has become a fashion

and something to be desired.

There is a famous hadith in which the

rasul (salalluhu caliyhe wasalima) stated

that 'Whomever imitates a people is from them/among them/one of them.'

If the niyah is to do so b/c its a fad today

(if for some other reason such as your Husband to make the marriage life more exciting then thats differenrt)

then you need to check your niyah.

I'll give u an example of this with young men

and braiding hair.

A few yrs ago, braiding hair was not in style but since Iverson and the Wu Tang, its become HUGE

in the Urban Communities.

Now some of us brothers would try to ask the shiekhs about braiding and there was an incident or two that the rasul (salalluhu caliyhe wasalima)

had braided his hair (two long strands).

So some of us young brothers wanted to justify braiding our hair b/c it did happen in the serra (life of the rasul (salalluhu caliyhe wasalima)).

Well imagine braiding your only two corn rolls,

that wasn't in fashion so we wanted the iverson style ofcourse.

Anyways, what I want to get at is our intentions where wrong b/c we just wanted to braid our hair

cause it was in style and it made u look

like a 'BAD MAN'.

LuCkY   

DP not entireLy.I dont Like beLLy piercings but then again i dont have to worry about it because i dont ever intend to get it---its my personaL decision.

However i have my ears pierced and i Like it...im gonna get it done again since my second one cLosed.

But i wouLd Like to know---ANYONE---whats does it say in the Qu'ran,hadiiths, etc. about nose piercings!!!