Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

Navel ring!!{piercing}

Senora   

Opinionated, congrats... :D the next piercing im getting is the one right under my bottom lip....i really want the belly pierced, but i have to wait until i tone it up a bit :( .....anyways, How was it...a friend of mines got it, but she got a irratation everytime she wore tight shirts...she recommends that when i get it, i do it in the summer, that way i'd wear belly shirts to avoid some of the irratation...but i'm not sure about all that...so i guess im waiting for your opinion on that one....

Xafsa   

Zakariye--- I never said that you were wear cillaan...I asked you to tell me what the benefits of wearing cillaan were.

You still haven't answered my questions..... where does it say that I can't pierce my own body? What other somali people do and what is common practice does not determine what kind of decisions I make for myself....so it doesn't really matter whether I grew up in somalia or china or the US. so my brotha do you have any proof other than " its just not done"?

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

Fly Stil , you really made me go and search this Body Piercing issue, but when i found it , you need to let me know if you still going to do, since you insist finding out if it is ok for the Ismalic Society to do Body Piercing, here is what i found Sister.

Body Piercing

By Mufti Ebrahim Desai

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q.) Is it wrong to have body piercing -- such as getting your ears pierced or your "eyebrow pierced" or your tongue pierced? (Note: Such bizarre practices are fashionable in the western pop culture).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.) Shari'ah has prohibited Muslah (disfiguring) the form and shape of the body. Piercing the eyebrows and tongue will be Muslah and prohibited. It is permissible for a female to have her ears pierced only for wearing earrings. And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

here is another one sis

Q. 30) Is it haram for men to have tattoos? What about if the tattoos are of Allah's (SWT) name?

A. Yes, tatooing is one of the major sins that causes Allaah's curse, as in the authentic hadith "Allaah curses those who make tatoos and those whom it is made for, ..." If the tatoo is a name of Allaah, it is even worse, because one would thereby be adding a clear bid'ah (innovation) to his other major sin.

Sister if you need more info , for such question please refer to this site, it might help. good luck and i hope to hear back from you, LoL

http://www.qss.org/questions/data/Fundamentals_Haraam.html

c/salam

Asalaamyu'alaykum...

hmmm...interesting topic. something thats been on my mind also. its true im yet 2 see any sold poor that is is xaram. lakiin i know the main reason ppl are against it is because its not a common practice amoung their generation. im no sheikh so i cant make an opinion on whether its allowed or not, however i can say something and that is if u do decide 2 do it who is going to see it? if r going to start showing off ur navel in public after doing so then hey this is totally haram coz its ur awra.

i have a friend (non somali but african) and she got it done b4 she got married and her husband loves it. what im getting at is that if it isnt xaram (which i dont know and allah know's best) u also have to keep in mind who sees it.

ima see what i can find out about this insha'allah and get back 2 u all.

BWT zakariya lool sup with u and quoting ppl's every word, give the girl a break lol.

(just an observation, i got no beef with u k)

wasalaam

S/Alaykum

Before jumping to if that's haram or not u have to understand the base of everything....Allah (SWT) said that everything that makes u look like kafir (copying their actions and so forth) is considered haram....now i know that back home or in our culture nobody ever had a belly button pierced infact if you had never come here in the west at all you would think it's weird....

A7LA-SHU   

woow ladies.. but hey i guess if it is aight with ya why not..

lakkad what u talkin about.. i have my dad who says piercin ur sanka is bad in somalian culture so i have no idea about the navel...

i know my dad will go crazy when i get my sanka pierced.. (coz of his culture) but since my mom's culture is aight with it.. i'll just get my sanka.. that is enough for me..

Flying still,

thinking of a belly piercing, ha? well, I say go for it. I finally got it done about 8 months ago...and I still love it to this day. I was this close to backing out after I signed that lil contract they give you before a piercing, but the guy said "no one ever left my tattoo parlor crying"...so I said, get on with it. I almost didn't believe him when he said he was finished cuz I literally just felt a pinch. It still looks cool on me, and I honestly don't think I'll ever remove it.

Diamond princess,

Hon, not everyone who wants a piercing is white washed. Africans and Natives were doing it long before the white man, if you look back in history. So please don't overgeneralise, ok?

Macalin   

so its only miss opionions who gat the barbel?

Who else?..i know Ameenah was on the works..

Flying--so who gonna pierce ur caloosha?..a farax tatoo dude?

Lefty   

Ladies Ladies Ladies !

don't bother this game of navel piercing if you don't have flat stomachs. Just suggestion!

Damn Naval piercers!. Why do some people need to play with their beauty when they got everything they need from allah! :rolleyes:

Mimicing Jamaican girls aint gonna enhance their beauty!. :(

Why dont you just go for the hijab instead of that filthy metal ring? :confused:

P.S This is for the nomads who want to get their punk flex sorted out!!!

Ladies Ladies Ladies !

don't bother this game of navel piercing if you don't have flat stomachs. Just suggestion!

You forgot to mention the medical impact of that piercing!. They dont know gangarene!!! :D

Peace.

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

Noh Opinion, i do not blv a word u said, no way you can pierce your body,just look at ur posting, but there are some other ladies in the house i would blv if they said i did it and here is one of the ladies

1-???????

you figure it out who that is, LoL

c/salam

Sorry, OP if I was over generalizing..But thats how I feel towards this subject matter. Can I ask you something thou? What's the point of getting your belly periced when muslim women aren't suppose to show body parts? Just a thought. Unless you just like showing it around at home. Anywayz, I'm Out.

.:peace n luv:.