Sign in to follow this  
Viking

4th bomber a Somali too?

NGONGE   

It really matters not that they’re Somali or Ethiopian, saaxib. It’s clear from their names that they ARE Muslim. Is it more important to you that they’re Somali than Muslim? Does it make a difference if papers like the SUN criticised Muslims instead of Somalis?

Don’t you think it’s time we dropped the empty nationalism, or at least limited it to attacks on Abdullahi Yusuf and his ilk instead of applying it to situations such as these? Here Islam is being criticised and not the meaningless idea of Somalnimo! One must be able to make a distinction.

I hate to see you people misleading some of the young and impressionable Nomads with your backward and xenophobic ideas. Somalis are capable of being terrorists, rapist, killers or even child molesters. They are as human as anyone in the world and twice as reckless. Instead of writing thread after thread denying that such a thing could ever happen and flogging the infallibility of the Somali make-up, why don’t we talk about ways to insure that such a thing could never take place again.

It can be easily confirmed tomorrow that all the suspects were not Somali. In fact, with them still being classed as “suspectsâ€, it could be announced that they were mistakenly suspected and now released. Would we be vindicated then and could go back to sitting on our laurels and ignoring such stark possibilities?

Don’t just listen, HEAR!

Castro   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

.... not the meaningless idea of Somalnimo!

Them are fighting words Ngonge! Must you always be cruisin' for a bruisin'? :D

They are as human as anyone in the world and twice as reckless.

2.779 to be exact.

Johnny B   

I coulden´t agree more NGONGE !!

Time to clean our backyard , time to get rid of the less bright ,

underacheiver "Wadad".

No matter how we turn n twist it .. they´re all Muslims n supposedly killing innocent ppl in the name of Islam.

I for one take this very serious and fight with those spreading the HATE in the Mosques and community centers .

36_12_13.gif

DAYUM !! but then , i NEVER go these places .

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Fidel:

quote:Originally posted by NGONGE:

.... not the meaningless idea of Somalnimo!

Them are fighting words Ngonge! Must you always be cruisin' for a bruisin'?
:D

They are as human as anyone in the world and twice as reckless.

2.779 to be exact.
It’s a tried and tested method, saaxib. It grabs the reader’s attention, and though his/her anger would lead him/her to disagree with me at first, I believe that with time and other arguments most people usually come round to seeing the sense in what I’m saying.

Of course, I’m not always right but one can’t be so foolish as to let such a minor detail get in one’s way. :cool:

Does one african face with a muslim name really differ from another in the eyes of the public and media?

And do you honestly believe that racist skinheads bent on attacking any black muslim person is gonna say "Oops, my bad, thought you were eritrian. Here, let me help you up. Have a nice day". :rolleyes:

La-y-La   

^^^^

"Time to clean our backyard , time to get rid of the less bright ,

underacheiver "Wadad".

No matter how we turn n twist it .. they´re all Muslims n supposedly killing innocent ppl in the name of Islam.

I for one take this very serious and fight with those spreading the HATE in the Mosques and community centers ."

<DAYUM !! but then , i NEVER go these places . [/QB]

You know what is funny, the 1st thing u did was attack wadaadada of the somali community, how do u know it is wadaado that did this? or are u just suggesting we should just get rid of them, just cuz they precah religion.

And brother, please get ur facts straight, because no one preaches HATE at the mosque.

Hmm...

NG,

I don't know...

It does make me feel a whole lot better to know that THEY ARE NOT ALL SOMALI, if any are.

The Islamic factor is there, sure..why else would they do it? But please God, not in my own backyard by my own people. The thought was making me feel physically sick.

A shallow way of looking at it, I know. I also know we are not any different as a people. The evilness is there. It's seen and proven on a daily basis. But in this case at least, it's good to know that we are innocent. Even if, to the wider world, we are all the same! The distinction makes me feel better. So much better.

Still...we've been well and truly trashed as a community. :(

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I hate to see you people misleading some of the young and impressionable Nomads with your backward and xenophobic ideas. Somalis are capable of being terrorists, rapist, killers or even child molesters.

Ahey ma bilawdey..! Waa marki saarka uu kugu so dhici jiiri , so mahiin..!

Sxb before you embark on your mission of unfounded criticism get the facts right.

You are right every walking Faraax and Xaliimo are capable of doing any crimes but blame them on a crime they did. I agree the general animosity will be and is infact against the Muslim society in general, but were you watching every news headline and front pages ' Somali this and Somali that..' . If it was true I would have accepted the guilt but if a Axmaar like you who has never set foot in Somalia claimed an asylum in my name and committed such hideous crime, yes I will stand and say he is not a Somali untill am heard.

Habarti maxay tiri 'Mana w.... warna ii rac' , so why should I take the blame for a crime I did not do, bearing in mind also that it will be generalised in later stages but at least let it be known for the record that I was not a catalyst to it.

NGONGE   

Juma, setting foot in Somalia or not setting foot there makes no difference to my argument. As for me being an Amxaar, I don’t think I need to do any ‘ab tirsimo’ here, certainly not to you of all people (you already know waxaan ahay, saaxib).

The Amxaar you speak of claims to be Muslim before being Somali. Being Somali here does not matter. Unless of course, one places nationality before faith. I don’t think any of you are intentionally doing that. It’s more to do with the un-harnessed emotions. In your case it’s anger and rage at Somalis wrongly being accused (on this occasion) of being bombers. In Zeph’s case it is apprehension, fear and discomfort. To be fair to Zeph, she made it clear that it’s feelings that are ruling her head and not good judgment.

Emotions will always be there, but emotions should not be what we base are judgments on. Go kick a bucket or something. Shout in the toilet. Kick the neighbour’s dog. Get it out of your system and THINK.

Saaxib, is it not curious that you didn’t shout as much when these guys were bombing innocent people in the name of Islam yet now you’re making a real racket because these guys are alleged to be Somali?

The Somali issue is really not a big deal. The mud you speak of will be thrown at us regardless. Care to widen your field of vision and take the goggles off?

PS

Though you're not likely to believe me, this is not a baseless attack, this is real advice.

In Zeph’s case it is apprehension, fear and discomfort. To be fair to Zeph, she made it clear that it’s feelings that are ruling her head and not good judgment.

LoL...Thank you.

*Goes to shoot herself in the foot* redface.gif

OG_Girl   

This topic reminds me few years back when a Sudanese guy was accused being raped a 5 years old girl....One of the lawyers was giving speech and said "the Somali criminal...." As arguementive as I'm I just object and said " Excuse me sir, The guy is Sudannese... He replied to me with angery tone " Somali or Sudannese they all same".." Somali walla Sudani kollu wahed" :eek: ... Then I said NO they are not the same ..Do I look like sudannese and he said are you Somali!!..I was just pissed off. So I understand where this irritations comming from..

Salam

Foxy   

Qoute:

Somalis are capable of being terrorists, rapist, killers or even child molesters. They are as human as anyone in the world and twice as reckless. Instead of writing thread after thread denying that such a thing could ever happen and flogging the infallibility of the Somali make-up, why don’t we talk about ways to insure that such a thing could never take place again.

Well said

Most people take the most important contex out of the topic, its not about what nationality he or they were or who were on what headlines/frontpages of the newspapers. It was about what they have committed and what made them do such deeds of cruelty to other innocent civilian. It wouldnt matter whether they were eritrean or somalis, as far as the Brits are concerned they both from east Africa and formally troubled countries. ( who might have gained entry in to the country as Asylum seekers or ight have been brought as part of refugee settlement,which the Government have accepted as part of its refugee settlment qoute with the UN).....and the media will keep on repeating that over and over agian....

cheers

N.O.R.F   

The Islamic factor is there, sure..why else would they do it? But please God, not in my own backyard by my own people. The thought was making me feel physically sick.

True, i was scared witless last week on the trains, now i have to do it all again, but now ppl will focus on me rather than the Asian guy listening to his ipod! redface.gif

Yes, Muslims are under the microscope more than ever before but so are Somalis (the invisible community as one columnist called us).

Just glad i'm leaving soon :D Good luck :cool: