Sign in to follow this  
Viking

4th bomber a Somali too?

Bess.   

It’s a survival instinct not to want to bring undue attention to urself and that is what these bombers have accomplished and none of us should be happy for it. but I doubt that means that we don't sympathize with the other Muslim brothers and wish them well and out of trouble....but truthfully its a selfish emotion but when I heard the suspects were Somali ....my heart gave a double thud....and I was angry at them for putting themselves in such a situation....true...with wat zyph said...not in our backyard....

Viking   

Originally posted by Northerner:

True, i was scared witless last week on the trains, now i have to do it all again, but now ppl will focus on me rather than the Asian guy listening to his ipod!
redface.gif

Yes, Muslims are under the microscope more than ever before but so are Somalis (the invisible community as one columnist called us).

Northerner,

I was with a mate who came from abroad yesterday and we travelled from the north all the way to the west on the underground with a huge back pack. People were scared of us all the way; not that we gave a damn, why let the actions of a few make us feel uncomfortable?

Once we came to the west, we took a bus and when boarding, the eyes of the driver almost popped out when she saw the bag. It was so comical that we burst into laughter. She realised how paranoid she was and couldn't help but laugh too.

People have pieces of paper on their back-packs saying things like...NOT A BOMB, or CAMPING EQUIPMENT just to ease the worried passengers on the London public transport. Damn terrorists!

Buubto   

The suspected bomber thought to be somali turned out to be eithopian right? I knew a somali would not be that brave to risk their life they rather chew qaat & smoke cigrate.

Castro   

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

Young pakistani and Somali males to be specific.

How do the London nomads feel about this?

I'm not a London nomad, but I'll tell you how I feel about this. It stinks. I'm travelling to Egypt in October and while shopping for an airline ticket, the agent kept telling me about all the good cheap routes through Europe. Paris, London, Frankfurt, she would tell me. I specifically declined them all. I am, instead, paying more to travel further via Turkey to get to Egypt. I refuse to be manhandled by racist, ignorant and trigger happy European officials. With my short temper and loud mouth, I would'nt even make it to detention. I would be shot 8 times right at the airport.

:D @Fidel.. oh poor you!

This is seriously worrying. The emotional and psychological damage alone to ethnic people is extensive. Imagine the irrational fear that will be instilled in the minds of young, law abiding Muslims across the country coupled with the feelings of being detached and targeted. I’m surprised the consequences of these laws are overlooked by the law makers. This one does more harm than good. Down with the dump, I say.

Castro   

Originally posted by 7 of Nine:

This is seriously worrying. The emotional and psychological damage alone to ethnic people is extensive.

My uncle who lives on the high road in Wembley sports a nice Taleban beard. I'm sure he's not having the easiest of time. The easiest way for the government to control and manipulate the public is by divide and conquer. Make everyone suspicious of everyone else. Get rid of civil liberties. Force voters to vote for draconian laws. Stop the mass movement of assylum seekers in England, etc., etc. It's a beautiful system. But do keep your head up. Educate those around you. And most of all, remember that this too shall pass.

STOIC   

pewwestern9ak.gif

I guess the British folks are still hospitable people compared to the Southern white evengelical protestants Americans.According to the Pew research over 53% of those with college degree hold a favoroble opinion of Islam.

Pew Research

Jacpher   

I wonder what's next. Targeted killing?

I hope not. I am afraid these terrorism experts on TV keep appraising the methods Israel uses to combat terrorist including targeted assassination, which is against international law (if such law exists). I hope these tactics (Stop & Search, Racial/Religious Profiling) won’t go that far.