Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Emotionally Unattached

Faheema.   

Is there such thing as Emotionally unattached relationships? (Meaning you care about each other, you enjoy each other’s company but you don’t share a deep emotional bond)

Do you think a woman is capable of being Emotionally unattached when is comes to relationships?

Before I give my 2 cents worth, I would like to ask the Nomads what your take is on this?

Hello). Oh such a smart topic! ;)

Do you think a woman is capable of being Emotionally unattached when is comes to relationships?

Is it possible for a woman to do it? absolutly!

I think a woman is capable of doing anything she desires.If she goes on with the intent of having such a relationship,why not?

I believe an ‘emotionless’ relationships comes as a result of previous relationships gone sour.

In this context, it’s possible for a woman [or even a man] to have such kind of a relationship.

For her own protection, as a shield or out of just plain revenge. Its only natural not to repeat the same mistakes twice.

Otherwise,Not every woman can do it tho'. The one who does it surely deserves a Nobel ;)

Ps.Such a Great topic,idle for two consecutive days? :confused: Walaal,Get your Original name.These days in sol,the Content of a topic is no longer THE reason ppl to respond to great topics. All you need ARE freinds & Peers.

Matter of fact,Gone are the days when ppl debated, these days you HAVE to agree with ppl so as to get a responce. You disagree with someone(or Anyone in the Grp),ppl turn personal and or basically call you names.

Its as if they make a Triba call to one another: *Ululuaaalluaaleeyyy*!You attack one and the entire Battery follows suit! :D

Faheema.   

^^^ True…. but how many marriages are lacking trust these days… I would say about as many as the “emotionless†ones. Yet many stay together for the sake of the children.

Originally posted by
Brown:

Ps.Such a Great topic,idle for two consecutive days? :confused: Walaal,Get your Original name.These days in sol,the Content of a topic is no longer THE reason ppl to respond to great topics. All you need ARE freinds & Peers.

Matter of fact,Gone are the days when ppl debated, these days you HAVE to agree with ppl so as to get a responce. You disagree with someone(or Anyone in the Grp),ppl turn personal and or basically call you names.

Ohh, is that how it works…Well thanks for the tip dearest, from now on I shall compete for this cyber popularity contest in order to have the pleasure of certain nomads pissing…I mean trolling all over the place. ;)

I do agree with you on one thing, the recent bickering and treading on each other's cyber toes has become a routine in SOL, throwing insults left right and center does not achieve anything…Grow up, maxaad sidii ciyaalka iskula tirsanayaa.

There’s nothing like a little healthy criticism. Stop personalizing every damn comment people. :rolleyes:

Back to the topic…

First of all, I think that humans and their emotions are inseparable and for one to think that he/she can be involved in “emotionless†relationship is lying to themselves because everything we do involve some kind emotions, but the question is to what degree of emotions does one invest.

Secondly, “Emotionally unattached†is another term for “Using someone†a lot of girls use guys for whatever reason, be it their money, looks or just simply for the sake of being in a relationship….I never understood that, :confused: why invest time and energy for something you know you are not going to get anything in return? Moreover Why be unfair to someone by being in a relationship for selfish reasons?

Though a lot of them (mostly woman) get trapped in that relationship after a period of time…

I believe an ‘emotionless’ relationships comes as a result of previous relationships gone sour.

Brown... Not always, If one was emotionally attached in their previous relationship… I think it would be very hard for them to be emotionally unattached so easily...(especially woman) sure they will put up a brave face at first and believe that they’re in control of the situation…but eventually they will crack… The mind simply cannot outthink the heart. icon_razz.gif

-------------------------------------------------

These days in sol,the Content of a topic is no longer THE reason ppl to respond to great topics. All you need ARE freinds & Peers.

Its as if they make a Triba call to one another: *Ululuaaalluaaleeyyy*!You attack one and the entire Battery follows suit!

------------------------------------------------

smile.gifsmile.gif You know what this explains a lot. It is a pity when real issues are ignored and trivial matters debated and analysed from every angle.

*sighs*

Haddad   

Originally posted by Rihana:

Is there such thing as
Emotionally unattached
relationships?

No, a relationship is essentially based on emotion(s). If there is no emotion(s), it ceases to be a relationship.

No. A woman is normally more emotional than a man.

Pujah   

Is there such thing as Emotionally unattached relationships?

Yes, it’s called casual dating. I think both male and females are capable of being in a relationship where they are not emotionally available. There are countless reasons why one may choose to be in that kind of relationship, the obvious one being to avoid future heartaches. If you weren’t emotionally attached to someone then you have the advantage of not getting hurt should things don’t work out.

Also in the hopes of finding the right one many of us date several potentials mates at a time but our heart is capable of loving only one person so by being emotionally unattached we wind up confused and end up with none (niyada maqeebsanto), the whole thing backfires.

In the end emotionally unattached relationships or casual dating are fun if all you are looking for is to have fun, wine and dine and enjoy the singledom life. If however, you want to take the relationship any further then obviously being unattached is not the way to go.

i called it one nite stand....! i been there where i didnt even knew her name! and ran 4 the door while she was still sleeping!! those were the dorm days!

however, we all grown now, so whats the point!! end it..peace! :eek:

Miriam1   

I have a name for such people. INBETWEENS. their nice, they will care if you maybe break your leg, but at the same time they aren't fully there something is missing.

Women are certainly capable of being emotionally unattached and you were SPOT ON Rihana, when you said that they are simple users. Since they invest in your relationship only when they are getting someting out of it.

Personally can't stand people like that...its also a bit two faced for me. PLS be one way or the other! A Freind or a Foe...!

At the end of the day. "Inbetweens" arent worth your time....i usually forget they exist.

Rihana...hello dear, how are you? Took me a bit to place the name.

Emotional unattachment is, I think, a symptom of deeper problems, be it emotional damage, depression, grief, stress or whatever else. Therefore I do think women are more than capable of having such relationships. It is like wanting to be looked after or wanting a companion but at the same time not wanting to deal with any feelings or emotions. Everything is in lockdown, so to speak.

But there may be something to ur 'using' theory, as well. A lot of people do use the opposite gender of course, but in a way that has more to do with being selfish or self-centred, than being emotionally distant. But it helps, I suppose, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use someone you care about or are attached to.

Brown,

Its as if they make a Triba call to one another: *Ululuaaalluaaleeyyy*!You attack one and the entire Battery follows suit!

LoL...I think you have been watching too much of Xena: Warrior Princess. But I hear what you're saying. :cool:

Shirwac   

I think when two people care about each other than automatically they became emotionally attached. If one of them feals down the other tries to uplift, so they are attached. Good question is are/have they been intimate? :D

Faheema.   

Hey Zephy, I am doing good thanks sis, How the devil are you smile.gif hope you’re well.

Alaina I agree, one can “seal†his/her heart to prevent any future heartache, lakiin as you’re aware a relationship is a 2way street and therefore both parties must come to a mutual agreement about the status of their relationship. Besides, how long can one guard its heart before taking the plunge? I say as “casual†as the relationship might be, eventually someone gets hurt.

I wonder, are those seeking such relationships have a stamp on their forehead saying “Seeking Emotionless Relationship†I mean who decides? As Zephy said is the self-interested individual who pursue such relationship.

Castro   

Is there such thing as
Emotionally unattached
relationships? (
Meaning you care about each other, you enjoy each other’s company but you don’t share a deep emotional bond
)

Rihana, I wouldn't know what a deep emotional bond is if it hit me in the face. You can't be detached and also enjoy each other's company. Whatever, or whoever, caused the detachment will make it difficult to enjoy anything.

I've seen women do all kinda things. Sure they're capable of it.

My two cents are, emotional detachment is the last stop on a train that is headed for separation, divorce or worse.

lol   

Is there such thing as
Emotionally unattached
relationships?

Well I think there are relationships where either parties or one of them is not emotionally attached to the other. However, most times its hard to be unattached to someone after sometime. You either get out of the relationship or you find yourself so deeply rooted in it that there is no escape.

As for women being able to be emotionless about a relationship, I think its possible. I have seen many sisters who are in a relationship for a gain, I believe their are users but then again, who isn't in this age and time.

Originally posted by Brown:

If you attack the idea as the Golden rule 7 of SOL dictates, then am sure you won't be attacked. About the ganging up, well lets just say, laga bartaa laga badshaa :D