Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Sheffield the politest city :)

N.O.R.F   

Cities vie for 'rudest folk' tag

Liverpool and Birmingham are the rudest cities in the UK, a new survey claims.

Liverpudlians and Brummies are the least likely to give up their bus seat for a pregnant woman or elderly person.

Glasgow and Sheffield (my old city) topped the politeness poll, which was carried out by Somerfield. More than 1,500 people took part in the online survey.

About 99% of Glaswegians said they always offered their bus seat to a pregnant woman compared with 88% of Liverpudlians and 90% of Brummies.

Sheffield residents are the most likely to be punctual, with 88% claiming they would arrive on time for a dinner engagement or party.

Londoners are among the least punctual, with almost one quarter saying it is acceptable to arrive up to 15 minutes late.

The Scots were found to be the most chivalrous, with 86% of Glaswegian men and 79% of those in Aberdeen admitting holding doors open for women compared with 62% in Birmingham and Liverpool.

source

Ngonge is from Liverpool icon_razz.gif

UK_ROSE   

Am quite surprised that sheffield would be ranked top for anything!!!

I quite like Sheffield, but i am totally put of by the hills and that almost everything is closed after 6pm except of the odd chip shop.

Some Somali people there are so uncivilised and act as if they are still in "hawd". About time they learnt some Etiquette!!

N.O.R.F   

I'm sorry you met the wrong type of people but magaaladu is the freindliest place on earth. Where else do you say thank you to the bus driver as your getting off or have general chit chat with someone you dont even know just to pass the time?

But Ngonge (scouser) would'nt open the door for a woman!

ScarFace   

Birmingham is 1 of the rudest cities in the UK hard to believe it dont they actually line up at Bus stops just before they board. London should be on the top were they push, shove and has a lot of unhappy grumpy fuuls.....not to forget the stpid kids who play their songs veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery loud..... :mad: re-Locating

UK_ROSE   

I know that mucg, sheffield people ar friendly, but hey life there don't compare to london. too much time in your hand and very little to do, thats probably why you end up talking to complete strangers!!

I was there couple of weeks ago, alot of development going on where my family lives. it is starting to look good, hope there are career opportunities for some of the jobless, lifeless somali's there.Funny enough, people dissapear of the face of the earth in the evening, any reason for that??!!

N.O.R.F   

^^As you said after 7pm the shops are closed and everyone stays at home which isnt a bad thing.

Its not about too much time but simply being freindly towards your neighbours. I knew all the people on my street on a first name basis. I wonder how many people can say tha in London?

As for the jobless Somalis thats just the same everywhere i'm affraid.

UK_ROSE   

Val, people in London don't have time to scratch their heads, let alone talk to a complete stranger.

Actually, if someone smiles at me in the streets i become wary and think he is either a perve or mentally disturbed. innet?

RedSea   

^innit? typical reer ingriis aren't ya?

The politest city in all somali inhabited areas would be the city of shiekh, very happy bunch there.

Rose   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

I can believe that. I wonder how Londoners rated in the politeness poll? Not very highly I would wager.

I think Londoners are quite polite actually. they are known to be very sarcastic so they would top that lol