Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

World famous Canadian resort town

Banff, Alberta

This place is heaven in the summer time. The landscape is amazing. The town is little expensive and it is little crowded (there are Europeans and Japanese everywhere), but other than that, Banff is one place that doesn't disappoint.

Virtual Tour

Click Here

Peacenow   

It's beautiful isn't it. I was watching the Olympics in Vancouver. And thinking Canadians are so lucky to live in such a amazing country.

Aaliyyah   

Libaax, what are you their advertising agency lol am kidding...

anyways I might go to Edmonton this summer...

I wonder how far it is from Edmonton...??!!

Edit: never mind checked it on google. Bless google, it is four hours away from edomonton. Not bad at all and am loving the pics.

Originally posted by Peacenow:

It's beautiful isn't it. I was watching the Olympics in Vancouver. And thinking Canadians are so lucky to live in such a amazing country.

But there are Somalis living there :D

Haneefah   

It is indeed a beautiful place. A great taste of the Canadian Rockies. My girlfriends and I took a road trip to the area this past summer, and though I found the city too touristy and crowded, the surrounding towns and lakes were less congested and much more picturesque. We just couldn't get enough of the amazing natural scenery and all of the exhilarating activities one can do whether they're camping or not. Insha Allah, we plan to do another extended trip around the same time this coming summer, only this time I'd like to also include Jasper, Columbia Ice fields, and more of the nearby rarely discovered lakes (ideal for spiritual retreat!!).

Here are some of the pictures I took of Banff, Lake Louise, and Johnston Canyon:

On our way to Banff

14aj0j4.jpg

Downtown Banff

th.24ef58b5ce.jpg

th.4342308592.jpg

Taking the gondola up to Sulphur mountain

th.6f4a7476a3.jpg

View of the city from the gondola

1zwdzed.jpg

Taken from mountain top..

b8u6pt.jpg

mj6z6b.jpg

On our way back from the mountain – sucked being the driver because the views from the road were breathtaking

au8v86.jpg

Haneefah   

On our way to Johnston Canyon, we saw this beautiful elk, and I had to make a stop to take pictures...I am glad it was an elk we came across, and not a grizzly bear which was also commonly seen in the area.

2m4vbsp.jpg

2d945ck.jpg

Starting our hike through the canyon...

wh1o9w.jpg

308lawm.jpg

1zznzw7.jpg my favourite spot during that hike...

The lower falls.

2zr0plf.jpg

Lake Louise -- a breathtaking scenery, Subhanallah.

35he5h4.jpg

2h8bmet.jpg was a little disappointed that the canoe rental place was closed for that day (nshallah, we’ll get to do it this year).

Baluug   

Yep, it's a great place with beautiful scenery, honestly pictures don't do it justice, you need to see it for yourself. Just a word of advice, don't go driving through there alone at night during the winter. I made that mistake once :D

Curly   

^^^ Lucky moo!

I just marvel at the idea of seeing something so celestial with my own eyes...you should have seen how excited I got when I saw shooting stars for the first time in my life...I stayed up all night and caught two shooting stars with amazing tails, I wish I could’ve got it on camera!

Anyways...it turns out Norway is another place you can see aurora's. Maybe it's not as big a stretch as I initially through.