Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Hiiraan University Construction has kicked off

Hiiraan University Foundation

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hiiraan University has a kickoff in building its first campus in Beledweyne, Somalia, after it marked its third year from its initiation. Not long ago, it was a mere thought of Somali scholars in North America and Europe. Today, it has become a reality.

Shortage of funding and unstable circumstances in Somalia could be to blame for the delay and modification of the project. Only one third of the pledged money has been received and the construction was put on hold for over two years. Now that an important step has been taken, the dream of establishing this university is in insight.

In April, 2008 the construction of Hiiraan’s First Post Secondary Institution started in the midst of political and security challenges in Hiiraan. The campus will feature eight teaching and learning classrooms, an administrative center, a multi-purpose hall, a staff room, library services, and other accessories. There are also future plans to accommodate labs, multimedia production facility, sports facilities, and a computerized system which will enable staff and students to have access to online resources. The faculty of agriculture is scheduled to admit 50 – 100 undergraduate Somali Nationals in January, 2009.

Located in the Upper Shabeelle agricultural land and situated in the hub of livestock trade routes between south, west, and north, the Faculty of Agriculture has the objective to emphasize the development of agriculture, food, and natural resources. It will offer traditional agricultural education, while it will expand academic and research focus into such areas as the production of specialty crops, nutrition and health, and the protection and enhancement of the environment. The college will also extend to include a multitude of cross-disciplinary approaches to food management, processing, and promotion. All facets of the curriculum are sensitive to enhancing the critical balance among economic viability, community development, and environmental wellbeing.

Depending on the availability of funds, the university will undertake expansion to build a residence compound for both students and staff. The goal of the university meshes well with its obligation to the Somali people as a whole by serving as a touchstone for creating highly trained agronomists. The availability of agricultural experts is fundamental to promoting sustainable food production systems, protecting human health, developing academic research, and among all the development of think-tank.

The public remains our most important supporter. In order to continue to move forward with the completion and expansion of Hiiraan University and also to transform the lives of Somalis for the better, a generous support is needed. Hiiraan University would like to take this opportunity to express its heartfelt thanks to those who actively participated in all its fundraising events and to express its sincere appreciation for their efforts in supporting this important mission.

The University is encouraging those who didn’t pay the pledges made to fulfill their commitment and pay out their dues to Hiiraan University accounts at Amaana Express (Xawaaladda Ammaana) anywhere in the world. There will be no service charge. The support from the public is critical.

HU2.jpg

web page

-Lily-   

It will offer traditional agricultural education, while it will expand academic and research focus into such areas as the production of specialty crops, nutrition and health, and the protection and enhancement of the environment. The college will also extend to include a multitude of cross-disciplinary approaches to food management, processing, and promotion. All facets of the curriculum are sensitive to enhancing the critical balance among economic viability, community development, and environmental wellbeing.

I like its focus on agriculture. Ilahey ha garab galo anyone who is trying to build something good inside Somalia.

Originally posted by Dhubad:

^Faarah, Welendo hadaad ahaan laheed you would have known better
;)

Good project indeed.

I am not talking about this particular one. Anyway,i wish them the best.

FYI...my family originally hails from hiiraan, Beledweyn to be precise so i should know better right?

Che, stop it. No need inaad bogus university ku gabato, we both know you are soliciting money for your dominican babymama. I don't want to say "I told u so" , but you should been more cautious. (PS: I cannot hate on her, she was wise to keep the genes to herself)

^u don't have to explain yourself. Only that region can produce your fine genes.(I should know)

PS:try limiting your interaction with the brazilian babes, I heard there is an outbreak of syphilis in that part of the world.

^Looooooooooo@syphillis..your boy knows better Lazy. I'm quarter of that fine gene and my sista is fifty.I need to interject more of that into my gene pool. So, how about it my dear.