Sign in to follow this  
murefu

somali women vs nursing studies: am i thinking wrong or it is..

Som@li   

I agree with the poster, too many nurses among somalis, and the reason could be ISku dayasho,copy cat, nothing else, you see if you open one shop,and it becomes relatively successfull, before long you will many similar shops..so generally somalis tend to follow each other.

Nehanda   

I wouldn’t necessarily associate financial security with nursing; even in developed countries nurses are poorly paid and overworked.

Albeit, nursing is no less taxing to the brain than other professions just depends on the individual capabilities in absorbing and deciphering information given.

murefu   

aha ideas changing now, Nubia says i wouldn't associate financial security with nursing because is poorly paid and Danshid says It is likely to be ISKU-DAYASHO as we acustomed and norms among somalis, HAYAAY something like phenomenon!

nursing is helpful profession, but we over-widely went into it.

p.s i did not mean to harm someone's moral but help out those are vulnerable to be mis-leaded by what is going on around.

Nursing open up many opportunities in terms of jobs while really deserving your income unlike finance or retail's works where you are expected to deal with interests, alcohool ect.

Obviously, the demand for this profession is expected to rise and there are already shortages worldwide.

Best of all, you can more easily relocate in an Islamic country and hence raise your children in the right environment.

Last but not least, you can treat and sensibilze your family in health related issues, cultivate your sense of compassion and even stimulate your children scientific awareness and curiosity; that is also when your child development & psychology lessons come in handy.

Hence, a nursing course is almost ideal, especially when nurses are expected to take more and more responsibilities and are even allowed to make prescribtions in somes cases, though the debate is still going on in the UK...

Apart from my experience with my relatives in the field, I guess nurses can help us in attaining our objective of intellectually curious and compassionate new generation of Somalis both at home and abroad, provided we don't neglect also the most vital Islamic environment, education and the associated coherent ethical framework...